Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Surnames

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazlo

Knights of Gaien

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Surnames Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wondering about this...do all the characters have surnames? or Just a few? I know we have characters like Chris Lightfellow or Lino En Kuldes, but there were a few in particular I was curious about...

1.Thomas. Is Budehuc his surname? or is it just the name of the castle?

2.Geddoe....does he have a last name, as well?

3.What about Viktor and Flik?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only aristocrats or those of high rank have surnames in Suikoden. There are some exceptions, but most people don't have surnames.
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O_o yeah it seems only important people (socially) have surnames.

=/ been wondering about Sierra. It doesn't say she was any kind of royalty before she became a vampire, and she doesn't really dress like it ... yet she still has a first name. I'm guessing she somehow adopted it along the course of her long life, being the coven mistress and all, having a last name seems fitting. But Sierra doesn't seem the type to care about that.

any thoughts?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra may have come from an aristocratic background. We simply don't know anything about her life before she became a vampire. It's impossible to tell his upbringing based on how she dresses 800 years after she became a vampire.
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

true.

but I just don't get that vibe from her. I just somehow don't picture an aristocrat running into a forest in seclusion.

and that long ago, I'm thinking there may not have really been aristocrats. . . I don't think 200 years is quite long enough for any one line of blood to set themselves apart. Thats only about 2 or 3 generations =/
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They already had a knight who was protecting a princess back in that time (Rean Penenberg was a knight when Sierra found him about to die). This, they already had aristocrats back then. As far as aristocrats running into the wilderness for seclusion, Leon Silverberg is one such example. In Sierra's case, she had a good reason to seek seclusion--she didn't want to kill anyone.

Also, 200 years is not 2 or 3 generations, unless people live extremely long lives. For the average human, one generation is about 20 years. Thus, 200 years is about 10 generations.

You can look at our history. Imagine the changes in what we used to wear 200 years ago.
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know, now that I think on it,

her last name was prolly given to her somewhere along the line of being the leader of the blue moon village..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: