Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lorelai?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1 they were originally going to have a system where characters could switch between weapons so they could attack with different ranges. This is why Gremio has daggers in his hands on the manual cover of Suikoden 1. The idea was done away with though. With 70+ battle characters you shouldn't *need* to change a character's range to make them better...just get a different character.

It looks like Hero5 switches between staff and three-section-staff as he attacks. I bet it's all part of his normal attacks and doesn't affect attack power or range.

^Actual quote!
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

somehow its sad they threw the weapon changing out but somehow i think its good cause everybody has theyre individual weapon that way.

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe lorelai will have two whips with thunder rune attatched on it? :wink: who knows?

I didn't know that, that would have been interesting for characters to switch weapons, but it's seems the best without changing weapons.besides what if they didn't know how to use the weapon?
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if the whole weapon changing thing would be neccessary. Sure, it would probably be cool, since you would have another sense of customation, but I don't know if it is needed. But it would be pretty cool if they had it that way, at least for awhile.

I think Lorelai would be pretty cool with a whip. I never found the scythe or bow to be quite her weapon (especially not the bow). And it would be nice to have another person to wield a whip.

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the scythe-axe thingy fits her well i think (at least o the artwork) but the whip might loook cool too but like i said it might be a accesory

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps she doesn't get the scythe until she returns to Gregminster. She might've went to go see Kirke, who she developed a friendship with, after returning from Falena, and he might've given her his scythe then. She then heads off to Gregminster, to where we find her.

I would hope that she could use the whip in this game. It would actually fit her character, unlike the scythe or the bow did.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah.

well we dont even know if that place there was in falena. mabye you get to see dunan for a short time and yyou investigate a sindar ruin and then find lorelai there..dosnt mean she joins you

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know is this is relevant to anything or not, but I had a dream last night that I was searching through a guide, and when I found Lorelai, it called her the "Blue Mage from Suikoden II."

I wonder if that's a sign that she's in it...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why are you people calling her weapon a sythe?

She attacks with the broad side of it, it's a mast axe.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We call it a scythe because that's what it is. It really doesn't matter how she uses it, but the fact is that it was the weapon given to her from Kirke (from Suikoden I) who used it to behead those sentenced to death. So, it is a scythe.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O Lorelai, Lorelai! Where for art thou Lorelai?
Deny thou absence, and refuse to be ignored;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but my sworn favorite character,
And I'll no longer re-right poor Shakespeare's art.

For those of you playing the home game, that was a sad, pathetic attempt to hope and pray tha Lorelai will indeed be returning to the Suikoden series as a Star of Destiny. I totally messed up a fine piece of one of William Shakespeare's finest plays, Romeo and Juliet, specifically, Act II, Scene I, and it is a twisted quote from Juliet. And now, for a bit more...

Alas, parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good-bye 'til next Suikoden.

Somebody stop me, before I make an even larger fool of myself.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it's too fun to watch you make a fool of yourself. It's better then some of the goodness I've done.

Anyways, I remember having to read that in 8th grade two years ago. I remember almost losing myself to the sleepyness that followed...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a little bit weird for me to see a character change weapons so much.

I mean weapons somewhat reflect their master's personalities, and when there are too much sudden changes, that must give us the impression that that character/person has some inner problems.

Besides, I never understood how someone can handle these many different types of weapons in a short time and actually make it look so easy, these things aren't toys you know, not forgetting that with the difference of weapons there's a difference in way of usage, especially in case of Lorelai's Whip (maybe) Bow and Scythe, these are just like too different in how to use (for me at least, I'm no expert of weapons).

Mitchell, actually that's kinda cute, but you need rest :mrgreen:.

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of rest... I got home about half an hour ago. Jumped in the shower, and came online. Been on campus since 7am... I feel like I could die...

And, I don't think Lorelai knows how to use those weapons like the experts do. She's just awesome, so she can do anything. Just... Not as well as the experts can.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a video game. Anyone can use a weapon with skill with just a little training. Of course Suikoden tries to be realistic but in the end you've got Juppo throwing gears, Sergei using a wrench, Hai Yo using woks, Kenji using excersize, and several characters bashing people on the heads with mallets. Gadget somehow mastered a mallet after only being "alive" for 3 years. Lorelai is likely one of those people that has killed enough people in enough ways to know how to handle any weapon with enough skill.

If it looks cool, and isn't completely ridiculous, it could be a weapon.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: