Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune Sequence from Suikoden V
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Rune Sequence from Suikoden V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right. Having seen the sequence where the runes are flashed across the screen to the spiral galaxy background, I decided to try and identify as many as I could. So, I took a series of screenshots - I caught every single rune that appears on the screen at least once in the sequence. I've also labelled those that I could identify.

http://www.thevederate.com/suikoden

Feel free to browse through and look at them and tell me if you can identify any of the ones I've missed. All the ones I've labelled I'm 100% sure on, and have checked the images against Suikosource. Later on, I'm going to make an HTML page with the images on it, but for now, only the directory exists.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

10: Jongleur (right) and Turtle (left)
12: Titan (top)
13: Hazy (bottom)
5: Gate
Tensatsu Star

22507 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on rune pic #10, right next to the lion rune is the Jongleur rune.

Rune pic #15, to the left corner of the great hawk rune is the sword of fire rune.

Last edited by Tensatsu Star on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh, very nice. *snaps* for taking the time to put those up and label them.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
10: Jongleur (right) and Turtle (left)

Tensatsu Star wrote:
on rune pic #10, right next to the lion rune is the Jongleur rune.

Yeah, I didn't label Turtle on there because it appeared on the next image and I did them backwards (though I sometimes did anyways - I wasn't too consistent). And why I didn't label the Jongleur, I don't know.

iscalio wrote:
12: Titan (top)

I thought that was the Titan, but it was a little too blurry to say 100%. Since someone else thinks the same way, I'll label it.

iscalio wrote:
13: Hazy (bottom)

Hazy? Which one is that from? I just want to check before I label.

iscalio wrote:
5: Gate

I disagree on that one. The Gate Rune clearly drifts in from the left of the screen after that.

Tensatsu Star wrote:
Rune pic #15, to the left corner of the great hawk rune is the sword of fire rune.

I knew I recognized that one, but I had been looking through the Command and Effect Runes trying to find it. Will add the label later.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alkazar wrote:

Suikoden 2.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Alkazar wrote:

Suikoden 2.

That's what I called Haziness, as that's what it was labelled on Suikosource. It appears later in the sequence, in images 20 and 21.

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nicely done. I think I recognize one of them, but I'm not certain so I won't say anything to confuse people. But once again, very nicely done and most appreciated by me and most probably others. Must have taken a bit.

Last edited by Lai_Atreides on Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good job with the runes. I wouldn't be able to do all of that, or even half of that.

I am glad to know what the runes were, before I began to think that they were revealing more and more True Runes before our very eyes.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good work. It is nice to see all the runes laid out like that. I wonder if every rune we have encountered is presented there. Probably not, but maybe.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please note, I updated images 10, 12 and 15 to include the Runes mentioned above.

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did this last night and posted it in the other thread ;__;

http://dreamscape.sonitus-online.com/suikoden

Your screencaps are from a clearer trailer though, definately.

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was actually what inspired me to do it for this one. Basically, I took the same idea (except with the image size a little smaller and quality a ittle higher to make it clearer), ensured I had a shot of every Rune, then labelled them so that we wouldn't have somebody jabbing a finger and saying, "Hey, that's a new Rune!" and then someone goes, "No, that's the Fire Rune." Please note that example is way out there, and I doubt that particular one would ever have happened. I just wanted to make it easier for people to identify the runes.

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call, I never would have known the shapes of those older non-true runes. Did you use the game as a reference, or do you have a pictoral diagram of the other runes? I've been looking for something like that for a while.

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Suikoden 1 manual has pictures of many of the runes and suikoden 3 has the pictures of the newer runes like jogular and the sword runes. But then again, there is suikosource and this website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: