Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gophers: The new race?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Gophers: The new race? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I was watching the trailer, I noticed a bunch of talking gopher like things. I am assuming they are the new race in the game. Do you think there will be other races introduced?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does it resembles the groundhog of Millie in Suikoden 2?

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah there one of the new races that will be in the game. Might not be the only one. Anyway I like the Animal races, and I'm glad there in. Hopefully Kobolds or Nay-Kobolds will atleast make an apperence. Nope There short but don't look like that monster ><

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah id like to se the return of the kobolds too! This new race looks kinda cute!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that the gophers remind me of Bondaparte (Millie's pet).

They probably might help with a possible digging mini-game or something. Possibly like Renee, but with actual diggers...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what, gophers!? well its close to 'rat people'. did you see my topic about new races? well I guess we could set it aside for "suiko 6".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The gophers might be the animal race equivalent of the dwarves in the previous Suikoden games. If we actually get to play as them I think they would stats similar to the dwarves or even use shovels as weapons.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stated in another topic, somwhere, prehaps they are capibera(spl) the giant water dwelling rodent of south america! or a hapster or maybe guinea pig.

prehpas we have our "quints" for suikoden 5.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Something Edible

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they are related to Suikoden 2's flying squirrels?
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt whether they're related to flying squirrels in any way, still those "gophers" look oddly familiar...I've seen creatures like them in an anime or something. It seems as though they were amusing little beings...one of them had hilarious glasses and a funny expression on his face =D.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are Beavers...not gophers. Beavers, lol. Look at the world they are in, they are in a place that seems below sea level, seeing the tidal wave of rushing water which happens after a dam breaks (or levees, I have first hand experience in that). The beavers seem the most logical choice unless they are neutria.

And did anyone else see the dwarf? Just double checking and that looked like a dwarf to me.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I saw a character who looked like a dwarf. Don't think you're going crazy.

And, if those do turn out to be Beaver creatures, I will be forced to raise the Canadian flag for quite some time. For the time being, as a loyal Canuck, I'll continue to stick by the thought of them beings beavers. Without the double entendre.

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I already know I'm crazy, there is no "going" about it. Just making sure though that I am seeing things that are really there. I think there will be dwarves in this as well, because they have the technology to build the dams fast.

The Beavers just will build there own dams built up of wood. I can't help imagining the Angry Beavers now. There was more than one I believe.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that in the gamespot trailer it shows the face of the two of the three 'beaver people' if you are refering to the guys in the straw hats that is.

If these are your 'beavers' then one would have to say that I am sad to inform you that they have normal faces.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, the beavers we are referring to are short hairy people with big buck teeth. They aren't the "Central American Looking individuals."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: