Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V interview with the producer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
If he is a new person, he sure knows his Suikoden lores pretty well to come up with all these connections to the previous games.

Good job, for now.

Agreed.
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that we're overestimating the creative role of producer. Kawano, though being the producer of SIV, was instrumental in SIV because she was the lead writer and the character designer. I'm not sure what Matsugawa, if anything, will add.
For example: Sakaguchi was the producer of Final Fantasies VI through X, though he had no creative input. He was merely a name that people recognized.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well whoever it is, they sure do know their Suiko.

I'm still betting that the Queen is Jeane.
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:

Errr... George Prime is supposed to kill the Queen during the game.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the queen's death is faked? :|
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The-Traitor-McDohl wrote:
Himuro wrote:

Errr... George Prime is supposed to kill the Queen during the game.

What does that have to do with Jeane? It's possible. Each Jeane is a different Jeane right?
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Jeanes being identical was supposed to be a joke I believe.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Deepest entry". I wonder what does he mean by that.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrestelan wrote:
"Deepest entry". I wonder what does he mean by that.

Maybe s5 have a long and deep storyline. personally i like s5 to be running for 60 tp 70 hours or more than that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could mean that Suikoden V has a lot of character development that many felt were lacking from Suikoden IV.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that we're overestimating the creative role of producer. Kawano, though being the producer of SIV, was instrumental in SIV because she was the lead writer and the character designer.

Maybe. But a producer should have enough power to ensure that the game that their producing is actually any good. Kawano clearly didn't manage to achieve even that much, despite being the creative role and whatever.

Still, I won't be passing the final verdict until a translated copy of the game is in my hands. Virtually anything can go wrong between now and then.
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
I think that we're overestimating the creative role of producer. Kawano, though being the producer of SIV, was instrumental in SIV because she was the lead writer and the character designer.

Maybe. But a producer should have enough power to ensure that the game that their producing is actually any good. Kawano clearly didn't manage to achieve even that much, despite being the creative role and whatever.

Still, I won't be passing the final verdict until a translated copy of the game is in my hands. Virtually anything can go wrong between now and then.

Yes... and even though SIV was a dissapointment it was still worlds better than SIII which was just another "save the world from an evil madman" RPG. I expect Suikoden games to be based more on politics than standard RPG conventions; it's what set Suikoden apart from the rest in the first place.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well personally I think the politics in Suikoden III was quite a large portion of the game. Grasslands, Zexen and Harmonia (all enemies) having to work together.

But then, let's not turn this into a game discussion about the politics in Suikoden III and IV.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matsukawa was the senior producer for Suikoden IV and was also in character of Suikoden II after Murayama left. He's basically a manager of the development team. Kawano works under him, basically.

He has been making some pretty strong comments at TGS, apparently, such as "Suikoden is on par with Final Fantay and Dragon Quest," and "we won't take the easy way out and put a half-assed effort into bringing Suikoden 1 and 2 to the PSP, we will add new things to them."

And the "Deepest entry" leans, "deepest stroyline." He also says that this Suikoden will be the longest in terms of gameplay.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea it nice to hear that the PSP ports will have new elements added to them...lets hope it makes it stateside as well!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: