Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Falena described as a "water continent"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SnowKing wrote:
I think a Water Continent could mean a Continent sorrounded by water, no other continents connected to the actual land. Falena could be connected to no other land, but have ocean borders etc.

that could be the most near ans thou.. or it could be like the movie water world. :D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Falena is just like Australia- so it is much larger than any island but had no connection to other continents. I also think that canal transportation system is also possible.

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you KKG, that is ( in my opinion) the most likely explanation.

SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, my point exactly. Being alone in the water seems a very plausible explanation, and from what we've guessed of the world map it appears possible.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But if you're basing it off guess work

Quote:
and from what we've guessed of the world map it appears possible

How is it any more possible?

I apologise if I sound rude but I havn't seen any world map thus far so we have no clue how the Water Continent could be taken thus far.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KKG wrote:
Maybe Falena is just like Australia- so it is much larger than any island but had no connection to other continents. I also think that canal transportation system is also possible.

Precisely, that was my first thought as well. I'd go with that theory definitely.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The answer is so obvious. Falena is a sunken country sort of like Atlantis is supposed to be. They are able to survive because of the powers of the Sun Rune which alows plants to grow despite how deep in the water they are.I have no idea how the people breath there though. Maybe they have developed gills also(jk) or maybe there is a giant fome covering it. Then the people who come from Falena that we have met so far came from a small portion of the continent that hasn't sunk yet. It seems like a stretch, but it is possible.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is interesting speculation Guildmaster Ranadiel but don't you think that would be little to much complicated to be shown properly in the game. Besides I don't know if such thing would fit well in suikoden world. Nevertheless It would be interesting that Falena is something like Atlantis in suikoden world.You know forgotten technology, maybe forgotten runes , really different culture and besides it would fit good in those Sindar theme. At the end I would prefer it to be normal continent afterall.

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it might be a continent that is mostly covered by marshes or wet lands or something. Who knows?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you look closely at the main picture at the main suikoden 5 site you see some of it submerged in water with plants growing, so what Guild Master Ranadial said is highly possible.

Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Perhaps the continent has a large mass of ice on it, making it a water continent. That's kind of a stretch, but it's possible.

You could be right because if you look on the website in the distance there are snowy mountains.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that it is probably a continent. Maybe a small one. And probably seperated from most other lands through large oceans.

^Actual quote!
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking that it is a continent reminiscent of Venice like some suggested before. The place would be completely immersed with water cannals and the cities would rest on water. People would most likely travel throughout the countinent on boats, but there would be various strips of land sprinkled here and there with streams running across. Falena is reminding me more and more of Italy. I think it is becoming more certain that Falena will be likened to Ancient Rome.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that it's called "water continent" because there are( (probably) many rivers and lakes.
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hope the HQ isnt another boat >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: