Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

An interesting thing about Dupa :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: An interesting thing about Dupa :) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps this is a good material for a "suikofact" =D.
I believe none of you know that Dupa is a polish word for bottom...or to be exact...ass. I do not know if Konami knew it and named him like that on purpose or was it only a coincidence...nonetheless I just thought I should bring this one up.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha thats a funny coincidence. :lol:

Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, he is pretty stupid at times, what with the whole thing with Ceasar trying to get everyone to team up against Harmonia.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could have been delibrate... The suikoden series, especially suikoden 3 has many word playing activity from various languages... I won't be suprised if they actually gave Dupa his name on purpose...

Like i mentioned some time back, they even had malay words in Suikoden 3, and the most interesting one in my opinion would be Rhett's weapon which means eat(Makan), and upgrades to food(Makanan) in malay...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dupa (or correctly, Dupas, which is pronounced like "Dupa") is a French last name. There's a French painter called Jean Dupas, for example.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: An interesting thing about Dupa :) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zieg wrote:
Perhaps this is a good material for a "suikofact" =D.
I believe none of you know that Dupa is a polish word for bottom...or to be exact...ass. I do not know if Konami knew it and named him like that on purpose or was it only a coincidence...nonetheless I just thought I should bring this one up.

Yes I knew that. Does anybody know why? :wink:
Besides it happens more often, you know in cases of some names that bring strong similarity to polish words.For example this Dupa and Dupa from Mario Brothers games. Or that game "Koudelka" it looks almost like "Kołderka" and means in polish:little quilt/duvet.There were more but I don't remember anymore right now. :)

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koudelka is apparently a Czech last name. Josef Koudelka seems to be a somewhat famous photographer, and there's another Koudelka who's a minister in the Czech government.
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Dupa (or correctly, Dupas, which is pronounced like "Dupa") is a French last name. There's a French painter called Jean Dupas, for example.

o.o you know, thats what I first thought when I heard Dupa's name. Though I think they just named him that because its two short syllables, which seems to be what Lizard names are like. Dupa? Shiba? Bazba?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And we cannot forget about Fubar.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Fubar is also a common name in France... not!
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nor is he a lizard o.o

First thing I thought about when I heard Fubar's name was of the acronym >_>

F****d Up Beyond All Repair

>_<
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that was what I was reffering to.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

First thing I thought about when I heard Fubar's name was of the acronym >_>

F****d Up Beyond All Repair

>_<

Heh to tell the truth i thought exactly the same thing.

rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:

Like i mentioned some time back, they even had malay words in Suikoden 3, and the most interesting one in my opinion would be Rhett's weapon which means eat(Makan), and upgrades to food(Makanan) in malay...

makan is the same as mangan eat here in the philippines a local dialect "ilokano" apparently our mix hybrid of a language has roots of the malay language.

returning to the topic maybe it really is deliberate coz he always argue with ceasar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
erhanz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hm......makan n makanan is indonesian language...not malay...but malay n indonesian have same meaning in some words...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: