Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sun Rune: its look and powers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thats a nice shot. it could be the dawn rune.... but it could be the other mystery rune that will surface in the game.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So.. the Dawn Rune will most possibly be on our side, the mysterious, long-lost rune on the enemy's side, and the Sun Rune, well, maybe will act as the force in the middle. I can't really define what the pics are about, Archeron88, it was too small. Could you describe it? Oh, and is it possible that the Sun Rune will be used for agriculture?
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's this Tarot Arcana stuff? You got me confused...
What would the Sun Rune govern? Like the Blue Moon Rune governs Compassion and Destruction, Soul Eater governs Life and Death, Punishment governs Atonement/Forgiveness, Beast governs Passion and Animalistic Rage, etc. Would the Sun Rune govern Insanity and Clarity? Like... would the host go bonkers (like we seem to be seeing in the trailers) until they fully master it or die, something like what happened with Sierra? But without the bloodlust, I mean...
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone else think that the sun rune might be able to control the sun? like if it was raining and the queen wanted it to stop raining that the sun would come out or something like that ( but you'd probabally need the true water rune also) or it was cloudy and the queen used the sun rune and the sun came out . Or since she is apparentally evil, she will use the true sun rune and move it so fast it's like a speeding bullet and blow up the other planets with it.

I wonder what the other true rune is?
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a clear suggestion on what the Sun Rune would govern, but I don't think it would be simply the Sun. The Sun effects everything in the world so she would be quite powerful if she had the ability to manipulate it at will. She could cause eclipses, make it move from the Moon and any other sort of things that involve the Sun. All these actions woul dhave serious effects on the entire Suikoden World. It would be a catastrophy if she actually was able to use it to control the Sun.

She does call herself the avatar of the Sun, though. So, it is possible. One of its powers seem to be that it has the ability to make once fertile lands arid. So, maybe its main power is dehydration. The Sun gives life to plants but also gives the world radiance. Color is the result of the rays of the Sun, as well. The Sun Rune just has so much potential based on all the mythical things tied to it. Sun represents birth in some cultures and represents fertility in others. I'm leaning more towards the Sun Rune pertaining to fertility, though.

I don't think it bears any control over insanity. I find it hard for a True Rune to have that strong of an effect on a person's psychology. I think the Queen has become drunk with power and that is the source of her insanity. I agree that the Sun Rune may be partially involved in her insanity as it is the source of her power, though.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Urn, she seems crazy due to so much power in her hands....and would go to extreme limits with them..

And about the Sun Rune, Fertility maybe a good governing power for it...I went up into MSN Encarta and looked for the meaning of Fertility...

Definitions:

1. able to produce offspring: capable of breeding or reproducing

2. able to develop: describes an egg or seed that has the capacity to grow and develop

3. reproducing often: producing many offspring

4. producing good crops: describes an area that produces many plants, fruit, or crops

5. rich in plant nutrients: describes soil or land that is rich in the nutrients needed to sustain the growth of healthy plants

6. creative: readily able to produce new ideas
a fertile imagination

----------------------------------------

And in one search I found on the word Sun was a meaning refering to someone like the sun, refering to someone resembling the Sun in Radiance, Glory, Warmth, or being in the center of society.....As in the game, the Queen is the mother of all citizens as what is kindof a nickname.....Probably the Sun Rune governs Glory and Justice....i'm not really sure about that but I just predict
- Here's the link to where I found this...

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/Sun.html

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/Glory.html

And in "Glory", it talks about beauty that inspires feelings of joy, admiration, praise....so all this meanings from the Sun and Glory are linking to the Queen...someone who is center of society, has admiration, has fame, and honor....

Thats all I got right now....o.o"
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's pretty cool, Aelie! Glory and Justice do sound more like the sun! Awesome!
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mitchell...It just seeems appropriate for something like that

Sun Rune - Glory and Justice - Queen - Has Fame, Honor, Admiration, and ect...
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really a Rune fit for a great ruler, with all the symbolization.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though this thread is about the Sun Rune, I'd like to show you a picture of the three True Runes as shown by the trailer... well, it does have the Sun Rune too, so... here
The pic in the middle is a compilation of the hero's zoomed-in eye scenes, so I'm guessing, that it's the hero's rune... maybe even the Dawn rune. Mostly I'm intrigued by the small and the big hole in it and what they symbolize, though, made me think of the Rune of Change first, what with the blue/red, fire/water, night/day themes on the pieces of the pic too, but the hero having such a rune would be too complicated.

Gah, I wan't a clearer and fuller picture of it...
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It vaguely reminds me of a Yin and Yan symbol, if I'm looking at it right. You mean the image that is just kind of apparent superimposed over HeroV's eyes, right?
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might be wrong, but the "superimposed" picture seems like a puzzle image of the Sun Rune...you can see there are similarity in it. - but of cos I might be wrong...hehe... :P
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_worship

In case anyone needs more, recall the arugments about the symbolsm about suns and sun gods.

anway I'm thinging it could have somthing to do with the power and curroptions and abuse of ones status.
unless they all were.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

now in another thread they are saying or atleast gamespot had said that we will be collecting sun rune pieces well i'll be... makes sense thou.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadowfax

Shadowfax Legions

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What collecting sun rune pieces?? How is that possible when there is already the true sun rune???(unless you are talking about sunbeam runes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: