Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Series Length

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Series Length Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With all of the new games being announced (Rhapsodia, S5) and hinted at (S6) I am startimg to wonder how long the series will run. I think the series will end shortly after the S3 time frame. I am just unsure how many games they will start to put out in other lands in the same time frame or before the current time (S3). I am hoping to see it end in that time frame because that is when all of my favorite characters exist (Futch, Edge, Victor, Flik, etc.)

What do you guys think? I just hope they end the series before it gets too long and it loses interest, resulting in no conclusion to the series.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the world of Suikoden does have a time limit, as revealed by Luc in Suikoden 3. The True Runes will eventually end all life in Suikoden and move on to a different one of the Million Worlds, thus ending Chaos and bringing about Order.

Or something.

I think Luc said 2,000 years how long it took for this to happen. And Suikoden 3 was at like the 1,000 year mark. Of course this is all from memory and it all could be lies someone decided to post in a message board a long time ago to confuse people like me.

^Actual quote!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't recall Luc saying that. But I do recall him saying that the world of absolute order was one of many different possible outcomes. He did what he did because he wanted to prevent that outcome to come true. In a sense he wanted to save the world at an extremely haigh price.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The length of the series isn't determined at all by the plot. If the games are a success, Konami most likely will turn Suikoden into their FF.

In any case, Suikoden as we knew it ended with III, and without any conclusion. Murayama is gone, and we can't have the end of a book without the author. At least that's what I think.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that they end it eventually. It is a different type of series than FF because all the games and the world are related, whereas in the FF series each game takes place in an unrelated place. Maybe when Konami ends the Suikoden series they can start up another similar series in another world
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there enough True runes to go much fauther than SX. They may prolong it with games like Rhaps. but Suikoden has to have an eventual end. It would become pointless to stay in the same world all the time and not have an ending eventally.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You bring up a good point Windspun Monkey. I would hate for Suikoden to drag on needlessly. What I mean is that once they decide to finish the story, they actually finish it. If they just start to make meaningless games, then people will start to get dissapointed with the series and it could lose its fan base.

But we know that will never happen because we love Suikoden too damn much don't we?
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username, actually, even if all the True Runes were released there would still be massive amounts of history that are unknown. Even if we were to find out all the True Runes, there are things like past wielders and locations they were in. There is simply too much to say that they couldn't release another game that focuses on a true rune that has already been dealt with. Some would be disappointed but others would certainly find it beneficial to learn more about runes like the Rune of Change, the Circle Rune, the Beast Rune maybe. There is also the whole Leknaat/Windy incident. There is simply too much going on to say that they couldn't make an infinite number of games until there was no demand for Suikoden.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True Ninjar, I wouldn't like that, but I guess they could have as many as they desire. If They can make 6 star wars movies, anyone can do anything. I would really like to see the end where the True runes left the world, but it somehow still survived. As long as that was the end (Looks at Arc The Lad).

Who knows there might be another world governed by Runes... Anything is possible I guess...

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I think is that people say that they want Suikoden to end sometime, but if Konami decided to keep throwing games out, the fans would still buy them. Although they could end it, they could just as well keep going back in the timeline and keep showing us the rest of past of Suikoden.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Call my cynical, but I believe Suikoden will continue to be produced as long as it's making money. The more money it makes, the more games we get. Want to see Suikoden continue? Buy the games.

Personally, I think the renewed interest in Suikoden is interesting. I didn't think it so much of a money maker; I've only met a few people who've played it. To have not one but three Suikoden titles on the way...Well, I suddenly feel like my main fandom is Final Fantasy or such.

As for the true runes - I don't think they'll run out. We know of about 17~20 of them, but we haven't played with several of those yet. And of course, there's always the age old chestnut that a commonly known fact in the character's world is wrong - they thought they were the only castaways from Flight 815; he thought he was on another planet when it was really Earth; he thought his father was a space navigator when he was really Darth Vader. Who is to say Suikoden won't have one of those moments were we suddenly discover that there are undocumented True Runes, hidden for centuries or, perhaps, even newly created?

Hrestelan wrote:
In any case, Suikoden as we knew it ended with III, and without any conclusion. Murayama is gone, and we can't have the end of a book without the author. At least that's what I think.

The main fault in your argument woul dseem to be that Suikoden isn't a book.

Inspired by a book, but, never the less, not quite one by itself. ;)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another good point is that the runes give different people different abilities. They might end up killing off a couple of true rune bearers and giving their runes up. The True Wind Rune is a perfect example, although I think it will end up in the hands of Hikusaak clone number XX. But they already killed off a memorable character, who's next?
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I do think that the series still has a ways to go, I think it will have an ending. At least, let me put it this way...It better have an ending....

With the type of series that it is being connected and all, you would think there will be a conclusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: