Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anybody else think THEY ARE rushing the Suikoden Series now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree totally.

But if Konami concentrates on creating an rpg series that can topple FF worldwide, they're going to have to give Suikoden better team members and resources.

I just want high quality products. If they are able to release high quality Suikoden products year after year like Square did with FFVIII-X, then I will be more than happy.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
Being rushed? No. Konami is finally starting to get Suikoden moving is all. So long as different teams can focus on the games they are incharge of, I think it will be okay.

Pretty much what that guy said.

I think it's because more Suikoden release information is more readily available.

That and because they know it's a bit of a cash cow.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is nice to see more Suikoden games being released but.......i would much rather quality of quantity.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess we'll get the answer to this topic's question when people start playing Rhapsodia. It'll be obvious whether it was rushed or not.

I honestly don't think Suikoden 4 was rushed, per se, rather I think people were just disappointed that it didn't shed light on the larger Suiko world. The first 3 games were progressions from each other and were inter-related, but S4 was a game unto itself.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a "pre-TGS interview," Kawano says that Rhapsodia was developed "very fast." She then says, "but that doesn't mean we compromised the quality."
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Windspun_Monkey wrote:
I don't think that they are trying to rush to the end of the series. Releasing this many games in such a short span will hopefully increase the fan base. I already think this series is better than the FF series and I think it will only separate itself further in time. FF12 is supposedly adding some action elements to its battle system which I think is a huge mistake. I am one of those people that really enjoy a turn-based battle system. With the FF series going down this route they might lose some of their traditional fan base which could leave some people looking for another good turn based RPG.

Maybe they'll all become Suikoden fans ......... as long as konami doesn't try to follow in Square-Enix's path.

@ ^: Yes, I agree completely with the turn based system, planning makes the game more fun...

I say they aren't rushing to the end, they're just trying to catch up with the number of titles Square-Enix has out, whether this is a good idea or not, remains to be seen

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 4 doesn't feel rushed, just not good. I do feel the quality of the Suiko Series may be going down for quanity. But that can't really be said until Tactics come out. As someone before said. While I am happy for all the Suikodens being announced I'm more concerened with how the end results fare. Suiko 4 is partly responsible for that. The Suiko series went from a great good series to medicore thanks to Suiko 4.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF 9 and up bombed to me, but thats not the point. What is, is the fact that while i havent have the joy of playing 1 or 2 of suikoden, i thought 3 was extremely long and had plenty to do---of course, i played it *after* 4. So in reality, 4 wasnt 'rushed' its just the story, and how it came together, the events and characters, was just horrible. It missed out the key things. But im really looking forward to rhapsodia, hopefully they'll remedy what 4 lacked. Even if they dont, ill still love it, because its a suikoden. You cant hate a suikoden game.
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don;t think they're rushing, and if they are only a little. I don't mind too much as long as we get quality products (that are released on PAL in New Zealand, Rhapsodia and Suikoden V both). As long as they stay true to the series and keep working hard, I'll be happy. As long as they don't continuously screw up, but I think we'll be fine. That's what I've been thinking anyway. Thanks for listening.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly my thoughts. I don't care that much about how much time there is between the releases of the games, I'm more interested in the quality. I was quite shocked that Suikoden IV came out the way it did, specially since they had enough time to make at least a decent game. But hey I'll keep my hopes up until I actually play the new games.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It actually may be a while before Suikoden VI or whatever for the PS3 comes around, because it's going to developed on a new console that they're not familiar with. By the time you're reaching Suikoden IV and Suikoden: Rhapsodia, you are using developers and designers with experience an tools built on the PS2.

Besides, how long has it been since Suikoden IV was released? According to the first source I get, it's April 16, 2004. Development for the game probably stopped at least a month before. So that means that as soon as a team finishes Suikoden IV, they would be able to start Suikoden V, which, of course, would have been in the planning stages as people finished Suiko IV.

Software development can go pretty well when all of the gears come together. Good people and good processes and good tools, along with strong management, can really make things work well. A game can take a year or two to get out the door now from conception to master printing. Kind of cool, isn't it? :)
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You also have to remember, if they choose to take the series to each of the known places in the Suikoden world, they have at least eight games they have to go through. They still need to make a game in the Nameless Lands, that big desert area possibly prior to the Crowley-Mazus battle, then of course, what many people expect to be the big finale in Harmonia. They very likely want to begin putting into work the next games in line, so that they dont wait several years between games like Final Fantasy. Not really a money issue, but you have to remember, as has been seen many times, Suikoden fans are a fickle bunch. They need to get the show on the road, besides if they are making these many games, they need to start bring out multiple True Runes a game. Obviously limiting games to one, focal point true rune, or two that are directly related to one another. I wouldnt be surprised to see a moon rune factored into Suikoden 5 for that matter. No one has made mention of this possibility yet, so consider it made mention of folks.

I dont think it would kill the series, considering that Rhapsodia is a continuation of Suikoden 4, so much like Final Fantasy X-2 it wont be released too long following it's direct link. You also have to remember, that Konami is merely releasing this information now, while they are still working on it. Suikoden five, as far as I know is not exactly a finished product they will be releasing in a few months. It is highly likely that, at best it will be out late next year, if not in 2007. We are all getting over excited about the game early, which is normal, but we shouldnt get too far ahead of ourselves. There is probably a long way to go before the game hits our shores for playing.

That is of course, unless Rhapsodia, and Suikoden 4 were made somewhat short, and they have been spending all that extra time leading up until now working on Suikoden 5. In which case, this game will be most interesting, and it probably wont be very long until it comes out here for all of us to play. However, I somehow doubt that would be the case anyway.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say they are rushing the series now. I think the fan-base and popularity of the series has expanded since the first few games (see? Suikoden IV was good for something for all you nay-sayers!) and now they have enough pull in the company to start expanding the production on future games.

Here's my rationale: if the Rhapsodia and V are good, then I'm perfectly happy with the pace. If those games seem rushed and underdeveloped or lacking in the story department, I will regret how fast they are moving. Point is, I won't really have an opinion on the matter until I see how these next two games are handled.

Until then I will be cautiously optimistic as always.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rushing it? Nah. Not really - it's not uncommon for a company to plan far into the head. It's actually the best thing to do rather than waiting around for a while and then making a new game. If they can get Suikoden VI as an early RPG for the PS3 that will add a certain amount of "Well, it's one of the only RPG's out there - I'll play it" factor.

After all, back in the day of Suikoden I, it was planned right up to Suikoden V - I wouldn't say that was rushed.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont remeber you all agreeing with me a few months ago when I was asking this I guess I have more foursite than all of you.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: