Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kawano Alludes to Suikoden Sequel for PS3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope the game comes out with the 2nd generation PS3 games. This gives them plenty of time to formulate a story and work on gameplay. Suikoden 4 seemed rushed in a lot of places since I believe game production began around the time 3 was released. By starting 6 now, a full two cycles before it's release, I think they'll look to have a great game and blow us away.

I'm willing to give Kawano the benefit of the doubt that she was rushed and had to cut parts of the game out either due to time limits or due to marketing people telling her "people found Suikoden 3 too long." In any respect, there's still plenty of Suikoden games to come before PS3. Looks like the series has the backing of Konami, so that's a great thing.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden needs to evolve gameplay wise. III allowed this. IV deevolved this step. Hopefully they realize this. I don't want Suikoden 2.100101010
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man... What's with this Suikoden storm of new games? Not only Rhapsodia and V in our current PS2, we also have another Suiko to look forward to in PS3.

I'm torn with this. It's great at first, but if the series are going down the path marked by IV, I don't know if this is good news.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES whoo this great news even if it is not for sure fantastic!!!!! :mrgreen:

skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Suikoden needs to evolve gameplay wise. III allowed this. IV deevolved this step. Hopefully they realize this. I don't want Suikoden 2.100101010"

Well, I would say that they are finally trying to do new ideas with gameplay and such. She did say she was looking for people with new/inventive ideas.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree about the influx of new games!

I remember how after Suikoden 2 we didn't think there would be another Suikoden because it had already been several years and there was no word of a sequel. Then after Suikoden 3 was released we thought that it was the end of the series. A lot of us liked the game (and a lot of us hated the game) but we all agreed that the future of the series was almost certain. The news of Suikoden 4 came as a shock, at least to me.

And now we're getting Rhapsodia, Suikoden 5, and Suikoden 6. Three games all announced (Well, S6 was alluded to) and they're not even all out yet!

Maybe Konami has begun to have more faith in the series.

^Actual quote!
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the have lots of faith in the series then i hope they have the new gameplay (obviosly not completely new) and features which should keep the series going otherwise this aint going to be to right.

Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe bringing back the skills in Rhapsodia is a good sign. I liked the skill system although I thought it could use some work which hopefully they will do for Rhapsodia and future games. If they could use the skills system to replace some of the physical runes that would be an improvement. I also hope they use the skills system to give characters certain physical attack skills. The rune system is pretty set but it would be better if we could start seeing some new runes. As for the battle system, I liked the battle system in Suikoden 4. It would have been a little better if you could have 6 characters but it was better than S3's system.

I pretty much think that the best thing Konami could do is to develop the skill system more. It was probably my favorite thing from Suikoden 3.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Rhapsodia/Tactics will tell us a lot about where the series is headed. If it's under-developed like S4 was, then I think a lot of fans will lose interest.

The Suikoden series could survive one disappointing game (Suikoden 4), but I don't think it can survive another one. It'll be hard to keep fans interested in Suikoden 5 if it's preceded by 2 disappointing games.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
I think Rhapsodia/Tactics will tell us a lot about where the series is headed. If it's under-developed like S4 was, then I think a lot of fans will lose interest.

The Suikoden series could survive one disappointing game (Suikoden 4), but I don't think it can survive another one. It'll be hard to keep fans interested in Suikoden 5 if it's preceded by 2 disappointing games.

Take Arc the Lad as an exapmle. It has huge simiarites with Suikoden. The 2nd game is thought of grenarlly as the best. Most people think only the first three were good. the fourth was good, but it's timefame and normal fell hurt it. So people thik it stunk. The only diffence is the games itself and the directions they are taking now. Hopefully Suikoden won't fail like the great Arc the Lad with it's next new game. (Or as gernarly accepted as a failure)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say that Kawano is developing Suikoden 6 yet. It can even be Suikoden Beach Voley Ball where you can use Jeane, etc.
Luc/Sasarai fangirls can squeal all they want with Luc and Sasarai in bathing suits.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
SARS said:
Luc/Sasarai fangirls can squeal all they want with Luc and Sasarai in bathing suits.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

but yeah it could be suikoden beachball for all we no right now anyway.

Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn! Now I might actually have to buy that overpowered piece of ****. Oh well.

When and if Suikoden 6 happens, I want my six character party back. Six characters I can control! No buddy system crap...but as long as it feels like a Suikoden, thats all I really care about. That's probably why I liked S4 more than S3.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way that the original poster described it seems to suggest that they are currently looking for team members. In other words, they're thinking about Suikoden: NextGame even as they're working on the closing details of Suikoden 5.

Don't make too big of a deal out of this - this is not an "announcement". A developer was a little loose-lipped in an interview and something came out. If they are looking for new staff, then chances are the game development has not yet started and it'll be two years before you hear any more about this game on the PS3.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as Sasarai is in it, I don't care about anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: