Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Comment Box?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: The Comment Box? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a comment box in Suikoden 2? I've heard people say there is one, but I've never been able to find it. I know there's one in Suikoden 3, but I'm just not sure about 2. I've searched all over the place and I've been searching in the stupidest places as well (AKA the theater).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I didn't find this one until after Suikoden 3 came out. Mind you, I've had Suikoden II since 1999.

In the room before the great hall in the castle, near the top of the room, close to the wide doorway, you should find it. It's sitting on a box.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me to, I only discovered it existence at the end of Suikoden 2 the first time I played it, it was almost invisible I thought that it was some kind of decoration. :)

Anyway, you can find it on the second floor at the space between the elevator and the doorway that leads to upstairs; it is on some kind of a pedestal.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I think I only found it my first playthrough on complete accident.

Kinda sad.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whats up with the box ?
Can you hide under it or so...........
:?

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a comment box, of course you'd get to read comments that are written by the characters that you recruited. Of course not everyone writes something, but it's kind of fun to read their comments.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooooooooooooooooow woops my bad people :)
I found it easely (bumped into it)
I was on a mad butten smashing hunt (never know when a bookcase,barrel,etc is hiding something :p

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be rude or anything, but...how is it possible to miss the comment box? I mean, it sits right there in plain view, and you pass by that spot MANY times on your way to the Great Hall...I found it the first time I got there on my first playthrough. You people need to be more curious...:P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I was two busy bad-mouthing Doctor Huan behind his back to notice. lol
I don't think it's funny when people asks you how your bowels are doing. Anyway, I swear I didn't see it. They should have made it more visable like the one in Suikoden 3. If nobody ever mentioned it I would have never even given it a thought. I only beat the game 3 times and never ever noticed that little box sitting there. Pretty sad....

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also was surprised to discover that there was a comment box about my third time playing through S2. I guess since the only reason I ever entered that area was if I had to go to the Great Hall, and so I usually only had the story on my mind.

I really don't even like the comment box in S2 as much as the one in S3. In S3, you seemed to get allot more different ones and you could save them too. In S2, Riou just throws them away. Also, I always seem to get the same ones in S2, never any new ones.

Bolgan's "We had a picnick"
Bolgan's "Eilie LOOOVES Riou."
Millie's "Bonaparte's so cute, he wanted to pee in this box!"
Sid'd cursed chain letter
etc.

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember getting a lot of "Hi this is my first comment box letter!" in the S3 ones. I don't think they're trying to make you forget about the game! XD

I never read much of the Suikoden 2 ones. But they were cute to read. I think it's one of Konami's way of shaping the minor characters. I mean it's really hard for them to think of 108 unique characters.

Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Not to be rude or anything, but...how is it possible to miss the comment box? I mean, it sits right there in plain view, and you pass by that spot MANY times on your way to the Great Hall...

Hey, its not like I didn't SEE it. I, like someone else mentioned in this topic already, just thought it was some weird decoration, so I didn't bother to search it or anything. I probably still would have never have bothered looking at that thing if my friend had not told me what it was.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't not see it right away. That's a double negative mind you...so I did see it right away. I liked Mondo's comment on how he couldn't sleep in beds. Kinda funny
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont remember having any trouble finding that. The rope climbing game on the other hand. That took me 7 playtroughs to accidently find. Wonder if there is more stuff I havent found.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I STILL haven`t found the rope-climbing game...the only way I even know it exsists is because I read a theory about Ace being the guy who runs it. I still have no clue where in the castle it is...I`ve never gotten around to trying the cooking contest, either...XD

That castle sure is crammed full of stuff to do...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: