Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are you reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck in September and just finished reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin. I didn't really like the Awekening at first, but since we're reading it for my English Lit. class we got to discuss it in class and got to hear a lot of different view points on the book. East of Eden was awesome...I liked it a lot!

Next I'm going to be reading The Color Purple by Alice Walker. I've seen the movie and I liked it a lot but the book is supposed to be much, much better. I can't wait!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just recently finished Dune by Frank Herbert and loved it. It had one of the most creative settings and a great plot. Paul was a really cool character too. I also just finished Diary by Chuck Palahniuk. It was pretty good, though not much happened in the first half of the book.

I agree with Mukumuku that Catcher in the Rye is the best book ever.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yet another book we have to read in my English class. It's called Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. So far it's pretty good...it's about the selfish hearts of the white man invading Africa and enslaving men in their "life mission" to become rich with ivory.

So far it's very interesting...but a little to descriptive for my taste. Nonetheless I can't put it down! It's pretty difficult but if you analyze it, you will understand it and see a new perspective to it. :mrgreen:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1917, Russia's year of Revolution. Quite an interesting read. There was nothing like that revolution and there never will be again. The spontaniety of that event will never be replicated.

I've also been reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight for one of my history courses and it's surprisingly good.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I agree with Mukumuku that Catcher in the Rye is the best book ever.

Some famous movie was inspired by this book, corect? Dunno which one though...

*EDIT: I remember now! IT was Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, not a movie, if I'm right.

Last edited by Tendou Souji on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't tend to read a lot outside of manga generally. I read the Lord of the Rings books.. mostly I read Anne Rice vampire chronicles though. Since she stopped writing them I haven't really been reading novels though.. sad times sad times. I had started reading The Vampire Armand again a couple weeks ago but didn't get far before I got busied off on something else. I really wish she'd continue the series in one way or another, at least with some of the characters, I miss them :)

-My DeviantArt-
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently pouring myself into a wonderful novel called "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?" by George Carlin. ;) Okay, so it's not exactly something you "pour yourself into" nor is it a "novel", but it's a great way to take my mind off of things when I'm getting too stressed out. I know I can always turn to my idle and pick up any of his books (the others being "Brain Droppings" and "Napalm & Silly Putty") and have a good laugh.

I'm also on Book 3 of "Outlaws of the Marsh"... I kinda just stopped reading it. It was getting to repetitive for me with all the constant battling, so I think I just lost interest. The first book was fantastic though.

I've been meaning to read The Bible lately, but I never got around to it. I'll have to put it on my summer reading list for 2006. Busy busy busy... (I just want to see for myself what it's all about, I'm not trying to find a personal savior or anything.)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko17 wrote:
Yet another book we have to read in my English class. It's called Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. So far it's pretty good...it's about the selfish hearts of the white man invading Africa and enslaving men in their "life mission" to become rich with ivory.

So far it's very interesting...but a little to descriptive for my taste. Nonetheless I can't put it down! It's pretty difficult but if you analyze it, you will understand it and see a new perspective to it. :mrgreen:

That's a great classic. A touch disturbing, but it's supposed to be. ^_^

I'm slowly making my way through the latest Robert Jordan book, "Knife of Dreams". I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to read it, however, since I have Suikoden Tactics calling my name whenever I get home.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm reading a parody of The Da Vinci Code. Forgot the title, though. Quite funny.

*EDIT: Remembered title! The Asti Spumante Code!

Last edited by Tendou Souji on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

American Buffalo By David Mamet
Glengarry Glen Ross By David Mamet
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
Richard III by William Shakespeare
Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut

Mostly plays, but some current titles that I picked up. Mamet is freaking facinating.

The Blue Moon Brotherhood

11390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually right now I'm reading a book entitled "The Physics of Superheroes" :D so much fun lol Basically he's using examples from comic books to explain different aspects of physics. For example the second chapter is about why Gwen Stacy's neck snapped when Spiderman caught her with his web when she was falling from the George Washington Bridge. Really cool stuff if you're a comic book geek, I think all high school physics teachers should read this book lol.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Windrider's Oath by David Weber
Dune 1 und 2 by Frank Herbert
Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card
Elves Child (sorry I only know the right German title) by James Barcley
Secret Atlas by Michael A. Stackpole (I'm not sure, if this is the Englisch title as well)
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
American Gods by Neil Gaiman

These are the books I've read in February.

The Fool
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the past three weeks i've gotten through

Joseph Andrews, a two part novel from the late 18th century
Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (the best thing I've read in a long while) which is a short novel written in the middle of the 19th century
Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad (I had no interest in this book whatsoever)
and A Death in Venice by Thomas Mann.

Notable readings as of my last update: Lolita by Vladamir Nobakov, part of Moby D ick, and assorted works by Faulkner and Hemingway. I've also dabbled in a few Go books but those don't really count.

All these literature classes I'm taking in college are really broadening my horizons as far as reading goes. These classes have assigned me some classics that I've been meaning to read anyway so it's actually fairly convenient.

On another note, has anyone read War and Peace? I'm a little wary of getting into such a heavy work and I'd lioke to know everyone else's thoughts on it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost exclusively read Fantasy Fiction. Right now I'm in the middle of The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan from the Wheel of Time series.

I started the Black Company series but only finished the first book. The way it's written gets on my nerves. What do you think Samwise, you've read it. Is it worth the frustration?
Mafioso
moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me superstitious but I am reading " Secrets and Mysterious of the World" by Sylvia Browne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: