Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gundam Seed: Destiny
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Gundam Seed: Destiny Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sequel of the original "Gundam Seed" is about to air episode 32 in Japan. Personally, I have been quite enjoying this series, and episode 31 was extremely emotional and awesome! I was just wondering if anyone else has been watching it, or has seen the original Gundam Seed?

VERY cool show, I definately reccomend it.

But yeah, Episode 31, entitled "Stellar" was one of the coolest episodes I've EVER seen. Of any anime, ever! It's QUITE impressive, and I can't wait to see how the plot twists from here on out.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought this show was really good. All the characters had complex emotions an dwere connected to other characters in different ways. It seemed very emotional and I liked that. The fights were also good. I honestly liked it more than Wing.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the first few episodes of the first season. So as you can see, I'm very behind. I've seen it subtitled and I'm really impressed with the animation and story. It's not that well known where I'm from though, so no one can relate to me when I talk about it.

I like Fillay Allster's character. One of those typical characters in Anime with a tragic past that need to be confronted. But she's enough of a unique character to make it different. I'm glad to know others have seen this anime. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of the series.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen most of the gundam show, and as far as I'm concerned, Gundam Seed is good in the storyline and anything IF you have not seen most of the series before it. First of all, there's a lot of things taken from one older series to another and I think it's a little unoriginal. I'll point out some that I had found.

First of all, the coordinators-natural concept seems pretty similar to the newtype-oldtype concept that introduced in Gundam 0079 (the first gundam series). Almost the same I could say (both are relation between "original" humans and "upgraded/developed" humans). Same goes to Earth Federation - ZAFT conflict cocept, very alike with Federation - Zeon conflict in the past Gundam series. Secondly, few of character/mecha designs are taken from older series with some upgrades. I'll take example in Rau's mask, it's similar with Char's mask, and later, Zech's one in Wing. Then about the mecha designs, forbidden gundam is pretty similar to Olba Frost's Ashtaron Gundam (from Gundam X), Calamity with Heavy arms, and Raider looks a lot like Airmaster Gundam (from Gundam X also).

Now about the character development, it's done pretty well, with a little complaint from me. Lacus's personality is too angel-like, so I think it would be better if they made her more human. Also, the three drug addicted pilots seems to have no character background and development.

Well, I keep on complaining that the anime lacks something here and here, but actually, I really enjoy watching it, and that made the things that this anime lacks minor. I like the storyline.

Now for destiny, I really don't reccomend this anime to everyone, except those that curious about how things goes after Gundam Seed ended. I said that the old seed is a litle unoriginal, but it's nothing compared to destiny. I don't like it.

Now for a little reccomendation, If you wanted to wacth Gundam at it's prime, watch these :

Gundam 0079 : The first Gundam, a very nice anime at that time, introducing original storyline, and real-robot concept (at that time, most of the mecha-anime are about super-robot)
Gundam Z : Veteran fans' favorite, you'll find that it's considered as the best Gundam series ever in most of the Gundam forums.
V- Gundam : My favorite gundam anime, it has all the things that I like. Rough storyline (it's really is, there's a lot of death and betrayal), rough scene (like the guillotine scene in early episode), and wonderful character development. This is the winner.
Gundam Wing : I actually doesn't like it. It lacked a lot of things. But it is very seccesful commercially, and most of the Gundam fans come from this serie.
Gundam 0080 : A different side of Gundam anime. It's mostly a drama, with very little action. The storyline is good, very sad I could say. It's not hard finding yourself crying in the end. I compare it with Graves of the Fireflies in term of beautiful yet sad story.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a coincindence!I'm currently watching it right now!Episode......25 i think.
It's a nice sequel.... but there are too much bloody images.Scary, really.Even in the first episode there was a hell lot fo blood!Really displaying how cruel,sad,and gruesome war is.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I didn't know the sequel was already being aired. I downloaded and watched almost the entire first Gundam Seed with subtitles and loved it. I really liked the characters in this Gundam installment.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Ashton Anchors

Defense Ministry of Jowston

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that is a nice prequel but i havent watched every episode but my friend told me that kira yamato will die is it true?
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, considering that somehow Destiny is similar to Zeta, ad Seed is similar to 0079, i think he won't. Well, unless the people at Bandai adds a plot twist.
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, GS/GSD is the best series and probably for me but I had learned a lot

aside from that, I am watching and downloading every fansubs of it ^^ anyhow, I am in a controlled mood right now so I am not as wild as I am with GS/GSD fans like you
Drummsta

Cheesier Monsters!

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched the first episode but I've downloaded up to 40. I can't wait to watch it because the first one was really good.

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Seed is breaking Gundam tradition, it now has a third season.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Third? I'm sure there are only two so far and I doubt they'll be a sequel considering Fukuda, the creator of the series, is old already.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having some trouble finding the Gundam Seed DVDs over here and I want to ask the people who have watched the anime series already where I can download a few episodes on the internet. I've watched a couple of episodes from the dubbed version but I prefer to watch the Japanese version with the English subtitles. Anyone know where I can get them because I find the series quite intriguing. ^___^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can download original Japanese episodes with fansubs Here! if you have bit-torrent.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, thank you!!! I use bit-torrent to download clips often so it should be fine. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: