Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stepping Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Stepping Down Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't intended to announce this until I officially stepped down, but it seems the information is already spreading. In case you haven't heard, I have decided that it is in the best interest for both the site and myself for me to give up the admin position. You must have noticed the "Lame Duck" title by now, which was a blatant clue. (and I thought it was hilarious to use such a title)

You should have noticed by now, by either looking at my profile or through messages in the Mercenary Guild, I have removed myself from the mercenary group. This is because I intend to re-join the nation system and return to my native Falena.

I don't know exactly when I will officially step down, but it will be no later than the conclusion of Phase 6 and I do not know who will be my replacement.

It has been a great experience being able to help Sars Ad-Minh and Synchysi maintain the forums and the only hard part of the decision was knowing my resignation would make things more difficult for them until they can find someone to fill the void. As it turns out, the demands of the position clash with my personality, so it is for the best that I remove myself before I inadvertently cause any damage.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sign of a good Admin is one whose position you never really notice.

As the forum never collapsed around any of us, I have to say you did a good job during your brief time near the top of the forum food chain. Pity you've decided to give it up then, but I can understand the reasoning.

Well, you ain't going anywhere really so I don't have any nice words of farewell but, hey, at least that's one weight you won't have to carry anymore.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, well, I'm sad to see you're stepping down Jeremy. You were a good Admin and I think Falena will be glad to have you back. A round of applause for Jeremy. *claps*
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow what happend. awsome forum politics. good to keep things intersting. was it fun being an admin? i know they can go bonkers somtimes. just look at what you have to controll!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It ain't any politics. I just worked him too hard and he's basically been reduced to a husk of his former self.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh, I don't doubt that Sars.

Jeremy I thought you were a very good admin from what I had seen. I hate to hear you are stepping down. I'm not so sure if I had such a position I would be able to give it up so easily, though I understand your reasons. Good luck!

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I've definitely been worked like a slave these past few months. Here's just a bit of what I've done since taking on the position:

I've created two usergroups and four subforums, I've moved four members to new nations and changed the regiments of nine members. Two members have asked for their names to be changed and four members have requested custom titles, while I've made five members into moderators (whether global or local) and given eight members strategist powers. I've also had the grueling task of swearing in a whopping total of twenty-three governors and delivered a swift execution to a single member.

Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A busy term, indeed. Congrats on your (in my view) successful tenure...I've never had any complaints about you, so I'm just glad to see you back in the nation system.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a lot of hard work Jeremy and anything else that might come up before you step down.

Well I know Sars needs the help so I hope a replacement is found before you leave.

Be mindful of us mercs when you are in Falena, we'll be mindful of you.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that you made a great admin Jeremy. I fear Faleena now though, heh, with such a powerful user back with them. There seemed to be no real problems of the things you did and thus everything went by all smooth like, which is good. I wish you the best of luck coping with non-admin life. I can imagine it's like loosing your legs, or something.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've had no complaints about your performance as admin. Falena and my nation bear no ill will towards each other, so we at the SME raise our glasses to you and wish you and Falena fortune and happiness in your future endeavors.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anything, it's more like I'm coping with admin life at the moment, as I am eager to be formally back in Falena. I won't miss the admin powers though, with the exception of being able to post in the Battlefield forum to keep the Nation Rankings updated, but it's a small price to pay.

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
a swift execution to a single member.

Ah, that's the fun part j/k xD

Anyway, I tought you were leaving the site with that "stepping aside" thing, but im very glad I was wrong.

I think you did a good job, you even answered to questions in our nations forums, and that's excellent in my book.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon but, chances are I will be spending the majority of my time within Falena. There's a certain project I've been working on that I really should get back to (the last update was over two months ago) so I can actually complete it before the turn of the century.

Of course, people are free to PM me if they wish to keep in touch (I've got to clear out my inbox, though) or, if they're very lucky, I may give them my MSN or AIM information, but so far only a few Falenians inhabit that list.

Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it is a shame that Sars and Synchysi are losing a member of their elite, but I am sure you were able to help them quite a bit during your time as Admin. But it is good for the members of that nation you used to come from that they will have you coming back. I bet they must be pretty happy and overjoyed to have their old friend returning.

You did a great job as an Admin, and I am sure Sars can understand the basic rationalisation of 'Once A Falenian, Always A Falenian'.

Oh and one last thing...

Quote:
There's a certain project I've been working on that I really should get back to

Indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: