Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Born singer or become singer: The boy bands versus the soul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

To be honest, I don't think you learn anything by reading the discussion in this thread. You are a stubborn man, no offense intended. This is clearly shown on how you keep on insisting to stick to your opinion/ideal simply because it's your initial idea. You're not willing to try to see things from others point of view to try to learn why they think this and that. You keep on trying to see things from your own point of view. That's why I don't think you learn anything. Again, no offense intended.

Well in general I wouldn't say I'm stubborn but I have a will of steel but that is different, what do you want BP to agree with you and everybody else because if I don't I'm stubborn?

I should leave my own belief because you say so and that makes me stubborn, so let me see here...

If I say now you know what you're all right and lie you will be happy and I won't be stubborn, you all have missed some of my points probably on purpose since you can't convince me of something else.

Quote:

Why shouldn't it be? Heck, I like cooking. Cooking is an art too. Does that mean that everyone who cooks in the restaurant should work for free? Or should those who can't cook not allowed to eat because they're not allowed to pay for someone to cook for them?

Here is the difference, cooking isn't an art is a craft, for me at least and in the case of cooking anybody can do it with training, singing is a body thing either you have the vocal cords or you don't.

And of course you are going to pay the singer there is a difference, of paying someone because you hear him sing and seeing him shake his a** on a video and paying fricking millions for a pretty boy's, or girl's a**.

Quote:

This is the exact proof of why I don't believe that you learn anything. You're too stuck in your mind that whenever someone said that training is important, you take it as if "training is the only thing that matters". While what was intended is that training is needed to improve the talent. Talent won't bring you anywhere if you don't train it. And by training, it doesn't have to formal training all the time (hence, why Pele still "trained" even in form of playing soccer with the kids in his neighborhood). If Pele only sat on his fat arse for his first 20 years of life, he wouldn't be the greatest footballer alive.

Exactly so by singing, yes singing not sitting, you train that not by doing breath support lessons, get it now I learned all right.

Quote:

Might be, but a 1.55 cm man can still be great at assists, steal, and three point shoot, making him a good basketball player.

Same as singing. Someone with bass voice might not be able to hit high notes, but doesn't mean that he can't be a good singer.

You see this is toying with words OK I change my example with track and field no not running but jumping high, now tell me if you have EVER seen a man of that height jump 3.00cm with his back, EVER.

That was my point his body doesn't let him simple and clean.

Quote:

Just a question. When do you exactly plan to do "something" about it?

Haven't I already answered?

When I have the means to do so, which won't be for some time now unfortunately.

Quote:

Don't generalize. "You" are not "the people". "You" don't even know what "the people" want. So don't even try to generalize the people like that ever again.

Oh I know of course as always is not EVERYBODY, but I know the god ***** people you think I don't then go look at the charts and the albums that sell and then come back to me and say if I don't know the "people".

Quote:

I'll just use a simple example of the Idols that used majority votes in determining the winner to show you wrong. American Idol 2 and 3 winners (Ruben and Fantasia) are by no means the most handsome/beautiful people. Yet, they won. Australian Idol 1 and 2 winners are not the most handsome/beautiful people either. Yet, they won. Heck, even the winner of the World Idol (Kurt Nilsen of Norway) was "mocked" as looking like a hobbit. Yet, he won. Why? Because of the voice. So stop dissing the whole Idol thing. You're wrong. Accept it. kthanx

Hmmm, since you know the Idols so well then I guess that you watch it I also guess that you wanted to be one, and that is why you all think that way, yes the Idols were based on voice fortunately, but were are those Idols now?

Where are they?

Are they at the top of the charts because they sing good, no people like them not because of their particularly good looks in this case, but because they want to think they are them, I mean come on look at the auditions for that thing, look at the Pop idol auditions around the world to see how many people "imagine" they can sing, those people are you and that is why you don't like what I say or otherwise why?

Quote:

That's pathetic. To me, it sounds like you just have a grudge that you can't make it as a singer even if you're a "natural". To be honest, I'm disappointed with how the thread seems to be based on your own personal agenda of holding grudge to the whole wide world and being sugar-coated with "music".

Pathetic is your comment since you say that I don't know people and you claim you know me, and pathetic is that you didn't say you know you can be famous and look like s***.

Let me explain something here before I go on.

I denied an offer from a local agent right?

Why then?

A, I don't trust or remotely like the locals, I also dislike the language which I would have probably made to sing.

B, I don't like to sell my self I want to sing not to create an image be dictated to what to say and go to TV shows that make me puke so I can expose my self, and generally the life of an "artist" this days.

C, I don't have the time for it or particularly care about it I like to sing for my self all the time but I like other things more than singing and I follow them first.

D, I don't want to become a singer or famous or get to the damn music industry that I so well despise for turning anything about profit and missing the "art" in between, I want to be left so I can concentrate in pursing my goals , and some of them is the change.

So you see I'm not like those silly kids in the Pop Idol auditions that want to be famous and think they can sing I want to sing by my self and people surrounding not to get paid to do so.

Quote:

I don't really care if I'm considered as breaking the rule by saying this. But someone really needs to make you realize one thing for your own good. You're not the center of the world. The world doesn't revolve around you. You're just trying to get attention by being controversial

Well let's see that, I'm trying to be controversial, nope judging from my personal life I would say I've always been controversial and I'll always will be until people wake up.

And of course if I got "attention" for Jowston you wouldn't mind that much would you you'll probably like it, see you're all biased here for whatever reason.

Quote:

You're not even being honest with your opinions. If you're really oh so passionate about the things that you said (and no, not just in this thread, also in MANY other threads), you would've done something. Yet, you don't. Clearly showing that while you might feel that way, you're not willing to do anything about it.

Do what about it?

Do you try to do something about it, have you god d*** tried to see hard it is, well I have and let me tell you, is hard as hell it self, you need power to make a difference or you need numbers, are you with me then for a change, are any of you, if you're not then don't tell me that I don't do anything about it.

Quote:

You spent hours posting here everyday. You said it's because September is coming, bla bla bla. Well these "free" hours that you have now, why not go out and actually do something in real life to change the world instead of spending it in Suikox?

Well as a technicality let me add that I can't go outside because the sun is burring f**** stones, that's why the temperature is as high as it gets I think Australia is on the other side of the Equator and that is why you don't have summer there now, well you will when we have Christmas, when you have no car no nothing how can you go out and about do things, now that you could change anything that way but I'm just saying.

Of course if I was still in Jowston you wouldn't complain for the time I spend in SuikoX would you, of course you wouldn't, I dare you to lie and say you would, say it come on say it, and you very well know it is a lie or then you would have mind the time UberYuber spends and had spend too, perhaps I'm spending a lot this four three days but you know the time he spends here, why didn't you tell him to stop spending too much time, I was worried actually back when he was making the tournament that he spend to much time on-line why didn't you ha.

Quote:

All you did was to make us even more against your ideal because of your horrible way of communication.

I can't change your ideas because you are to weak to accept them , I hurt people ego's by reminding them of things that were at the back if their minds all along, come on deny them all you can but you know I'm right and it doesn't matter jag what you say to me.

Quote:

Your "fantasy" clouded your mind. You can no longer differentiate which one is real, which one is not. You claim us to insult life. Yet, what have you done, really, to not insult life? By being angry at how the world is today?

The world is what it is today because of my species, what something beautiful as life has to do with one of its own rejects eh?

Look around you look at the trees and flowers look at the animals, that is life, we are supposed to be part of it, but all we do is destroy it, heh if I wrote a book of what I say here would have become a best seller, for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

Quote:

By making people angry with your ideal? How? Tell us how you are "better" than us who insult life. Fact is, you're not. You're not better than us. That's a reality check for you.

I never said I am, I'm there in the grime with the rest of the humans perhaps the things I say sound better than what you do, my ideals are MINE I will keep them or change them accordingly til the moment of my very last breath, so you better get used to someone actually thinking and actually caring about this damn world and its people that is a reality check for you.

Quote:

And ... you still need to learn to use punctuations. It's awful that someone in their 20s can't even use a full stop to separate sentence. How about that as the next topic for you to be angry at? Or not.

Hmm, I don't think a grammatical topic would have generated much discussion but for some reason I don't feel like separating my sentences, I don't want to keep a family of words apart, now do I?

As for why I'm 20 and I can't I explained elsewhere to a point, not bad for an ex- street bum eh?

Now if you people have nothing better to do or actually argue and turn this personal then don't post because you're not doing anything by it but waste your time, I can't be made to think differently by gong low and personal on me so give that up and give me a good argument that will make me see other wise and try to leave your own ego's behind.

I still haven't forgotten about you Urn I'll just wait until someone comes back and makes a little more sense.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
I just wanted to ask who locked my thread, yes you know what I'm talking about, and please next time Mods leave a reason why and who locked it in case I or anyone has an inquiry, unless of course it was a biased lock, you know what I mean by that.

I locked your thread, Arenegeth, and I thought that the reason was obvious enough, making it unnecessary to post a reason. Apparently I was wrong.

The main reason is: Your thread sparked and harbored much ill-will. Your way of expressing yourself caused more than one hostile remark, and the last exchange between you and Black Pesmerga was just too much. In large parts it strayed completely off-topic, and it was full of slander and petty, personal arguments.

And knowing Black Pesmerga's and especially your inability to let such discussions rest, I expected this to become much more of a flame war than it already was.

And the thread's topic has been discussed anyway. Most participants were just repeating the same positions again and again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: