Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where'd the hat go?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Luc found out that he was a clone and how he was made. Or perhaps he saw Sasarai and saw pictures of Hikusaak, heard rumors of Sasarai's creation, and put two and two together. Whatever happened, it disturbed him greatly, so I think it had to be that he discovered his origins.

I don't seem him killing Hikusaak - either Hikusaak is dead or he, for whatever reason, can't or doesn't want to rule over Harmionia at the moment. (Being that Luc and Sasarai are males (albiet androgynous-looking males), I'm thinking Hikusaak is most definitely also a male. Plus there's the fact I'm 99% sure that he's referenced as "Lord Hikusaak" at least once.)

My pet theory is that Hikusaak can't rule Harmionia at the moment because of the circle rune. We know the circle rune goes through periods of order and stagnation. Being the bearer of the circle rune, it makes sense that Hikusaak, too, is affected by this cycle, just as other true rune bearers are affected by their runes (Jowy and Riou forced to fight each other, the Souleater "eating" the souls of Tir's closest friends and family, the rune of Punishment actually killing it's possessors). Hikusaak and the circle rune must have been on the order side of the cycle when he founded Harmonia. However, since then both the rune and he have likely slipped down to the stagnant side of the cycle. Therefore, I think he's in a coma or at the very least completely unable to move, speak, etc.

I also wonder if that there would be degrees of the stagnation - Maybe at first Hikusaak would have trouble moving, then it would spread upwards - first he would be unable to use his feet, then his legs, hips, arms, neck, mouth, etc - slowly becoming a living statue. That's a horrible fate. Imagine slowly being restricted until you can't move at all. Still alive, but not able to show it.

The interesting thing about that is what would happen when Hikusaak reaches the order end of the cycle. After all, a cycle is continuous; therefore the rune can only be in stagnation for so long. What happens when Hikusaak "wakes up"? Or will a new leader be drawn to the circle rune and assume ownership?

(Of course, the fact that the Harmonians reference Hikusaak as if he was alive and well. (Doesn't Sasarai say he recieved orders from Hikusaak at some point in s3?) If they're not lying,then my whole theory is shot. Ah, well, it's fun anyway.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... quite the theory you've got there. I have to say that it sounds really feasable, though. If Sas did say he was getting orders from Hikusaak, well, yeah. Your theory would be shot.
This question would so be answered if Hikusaak comes out in S4. It'd be pretty interesting if he does, though. I mean, we've got Leknaat there already so, mebbe Hikusaak might show up.

Who knows really what Luc did ten years ago in Harmonia. Any insane Luc follower would definately want that question answered, ne? For now, I guess the best we can do for now is make educated guesses like we're doing right now.
NoFlyZone

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the hat, it gave him a kind of unique appearance. With out it he looks just like luc. I thoguh it was one of the most disappointing things about Suikoden III :lol: But the makers prob. but that hat would look a little wierd in battle... His hat would be about half of him :D

NoFlyZone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hat would be half of him....
Yknow, I always did say that it was so much bigger than his head. And yes, I have to agree that the hat would be soooo cumbersome in battle. Might even fall onto his face. XD

And yes, without it, he looks like a cheerier Luc. It helps to remember, though: "The big green blob is almost always Luc. The big blue blob is almost always Sas."
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think he got rid of the hat because he came into Grassland expecting a fight, unlike in S2 when he probably didn't expect the Dunan forces to put up much of a fight (besides, that wasn't what he was there for anyway).

Hikusaak could actually be a girl I suppose...it'd be a huge plot twist. Clones don't always come out perfectly (even here in modern times). Plus consider the fact that Harmonia is able to make clones AT ALL. It's most likely from a magical ceremony, and magic is more flexible than machinery....

But most likely Hikusaak is a guy. I'd imagine he looks like Luc and Sasarai, but with a much sterner expression, maybe more worn by time, more sinister. (I think of him as the ultimate evil in the Suikoden universe).

As for the Circle Rune, I have a theory...perhaps Hikusaak left Harmonia because the rune itself is going into a period of stagnation? I would think maybe it would affect anything he deals with rather than himself (i.e, when order comes about, Harmonia thrives, when stagnation comes about it suffers.) So, perhaps Hikusaak is staying away from most Harmonian affairs so as to avoid a disaster?

Just a thought.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade, for just a thought, that was certainly a feasable one. That's one take on the hat thing I think explains it.

(This thread is becoming a discussion on all things Harmonian... O.o)
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, Harmonia is an interesting country, since we know very little about it there are a lot of holes to fill.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And this thread is helping us fil those holes or so I'd like to think. My ultimate fnatasy right now:

The Suikoden staff haven't really figured out some things about Harmonia and they get their ideas from this thread! XD
I mean, some theories presented here are rather feasable if anything.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I'd rather think that they couldn't speak english, so they wouldn't understand what this thread is all about. The translation of Suikoden and Vandal Hearts is more than enough to conclude it, right?

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*lol* Yeah... good point but hey, like I said, it was a fantasy, ne? :mrgreen:
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK , should I believe Hikusaak death rumor ? I mean if he is dead then who controls Harmonia now?? ... I am sure it's not Sasarai .
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are many bishops in the temple. Sasarai is not the only one that has power in Harmonia.

Right now, the temple and the aristocrats are ruling Harmonia.

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I know, Harmonia's purely run by the bishops and the higher class citizens. Hikusaak being dead kinda makes sense to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: