Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Isn't it great?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i prefer chains and broken bottles
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are some really great pictures, I love the old style weapons whether they be of oriental descent or barbaric or weapons of the old knights.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always wanted to use a sword, too. I'm tired of these guns. It's too easy. One shot and you can blow off some guy's head. Sword duels can be long in some cases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkmagus wrote:
I always wanted to use a sword, too. I'm tired of these guns. It's too easy. One shot and you can blow off some guy's head. Sword duels can be long in some cases.

Wow dude do you have some mind reading abillaty or something ?????

here are some old long range things :

and another ninja equipment :)

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I do.....

Anyway, as for long ranged battle I think ninja stars and crossbows work good enough. It's better to kill slowly. lol. The ancient weapons were so cool, but the modern weapons are boring. If I ever see a laser beam then I'll scream. With the ancient weapons you could use all kinds of tactics. Today, all you do is drop a bomb on somebody and that's basically the end of it. No tactics there.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've started weapons training, and i've enjoyed it so far. while it's good to look at, and great way to learn, most weapons are a little impractical, although beautiful.

currently, i am using the bo, and it's fun! if you're going to like it, then use it. i don't think you should think of killing anyone with them though - just hurt a little.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:
Nadistu the chained weapon is called "Kyoketsu Shoge"
wich means "to run about in the fields and mountains".
It is attached to an 18 feet long rope/chain.
Only the ninja uses this weapon.
The weapon is used to slash and stap the enemy but can also be use to climb with.

Still want more info ?
ohhhh I can see how it can be used similar to a grappling hook -[to climb I mean ^^;] very cool and interesting, I like alot of the ninja weapons because of their unique shapes and uses XD heh other then that I don't know much about weapons though...*sweatdrop*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know much about weaponry, and the only sort of martial arts I ever did much with was Aikido. (I tried Tae Kwan Do too, but gosh I was bad. not that I was that good at aikido either, but it at least matched my ideals.) But I almost never really worked with weapons for more than a day.
I like the idea of learning to work with a bo, and perhaps the segmented rod too. As neat as many of the weapons shown here look, and as elegant as swords are, I'm afraid I don't like the idea of blades. I'd be afraid of hurting myself, and on top of that... I'm not a big fan of blood. I think I'll stick with blunt and preferably defensive primarily. I do hope I can find the time to learn to work with a bo though. It seems like a really neat and practical weapon.

I must say that I agree with the comment about boring modern weaponry. If it's gonna be violent, might as well make it a battle of skill, tactics, and grace too. Not just point-and-shoot or a big ka-boom.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First and for al it aint "bo" but BOW !
Second : where is the trouble in taking out a target???
I don't fear death not do i fear to kill if necessary
(hope i'll never get forced to it :twisted: ).

Blades are indeed kinda scary if you don't want to hunt yourself, 1 wrong cut and you could die......

The bow is cool and all but....
Whell i'll show you (old style):

(new style):

now adays there are all kind of strange things attached to the bow to help you aim etc....
Pretty lame in my oppinion....

Your pal,
nanami-san

StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They do mean Bo, the staff used in some japanese martial arts (maybe others too).

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a crossbow like so:

Except mine in black not crappy camo, and the string is now loose from over-use ( getting these restrung is hard! )... I do rabbit hunting and such with it. Well I used to, not much call for that here in the city. o_O

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why don't you do lil human hunting or bike rider aiming :)
I wanne bet they don't mind :p

Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got 3 katanas sitting at home. Now I just gotta wait for a quest to appear :P
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres a quest for crono : (hope you got fantasy dude!)
----------------------------
1)
A long long time ago in the kingdom of the zycon lancers there was great weilth among the people, all was peacefull and all where happy.
But on a day the king died in a reason the king his advisor could not declear.
There was none who wanted the throne in fear they would led this peacefull land to sorrow and pain.
But the dark lord ezaldun used this chance and crabbed it with both hands !
He first had to get rif of those dreadfull lancers who where loyal to the dead king....
He sended 90% of all the lancers out on a quest to slay all dragons they could find,
the one who would return with the most heads would marry the former king his daughter.
But assuming none would return he wedded the girl even if she diden't want too.

2)
On a sunny morning swordsman crono got woken by horsetrappelings and the sound of armory bumping on eachother.
"Whats all the comotion about sir knight??"
'We are here to slay dragons so we can claim the hand of the king his daughter!'yelled a black bearded lancer named Bruto, he was the general of the zycon army.
"Dragons? Well I haven't seen one since.......ever!"said crono surprised.
"Is the kings daughter pretty ?"
' You shall never see a pretty lady like that bum !' yelled Bruto
Mad Bruto continued his hopeless quest.
" This is pretty interesting."

3)
Crono too was interested in a nice home but the castle of the king!
You can't get it any nicer.
So Crono decided to climb into a tree and saw .... LANCER !
In every nearbye village, field, forest... he saw there shining lances everywhere he could look....
Well if he wanted that cnice castle he had to think where a dragon would hide and no knight would look....
Well ofcourse !!!!!!!!!!!
The dragon cave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(option 1 make me finish story)
(option 2 finish it yerself)

Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
I have a crossbow like so:

Except mine in black not crappy camo, and the string is now loose from over-use ( getting these restrung is hard! )... I do rabbit hunting and such with it. Well I used to, not much call for that here in the city. o_O

Crossbow is probably one of my favorite long ranged weapons. Ninja stars are cool too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: