Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Making Your Own Suikoden II Film
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Making Your Own Suikoden II Film Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't sure where to put this thread/idea, but this seemed like he ideal place. I've been toying with the idea lately of what actors I would have in a Western Suikoden II film, after reading an old thread about who people would have as actors in a Suikoden III film.

I have limited knowledge of child actors, so I'll give them a Riou and Nanamis a miss. Someone else can take a shot at them if they like. I maybe would have had Ralph Macchio or Fred Savage playing Riou if this was the late eighties/early nineties. Some of these actors pop up immediately though when I think of these characters.

Viktor: Josh Lucas

Flik: Hayden Christensen

Han Cunningham: Christopher Lee

Luca Blight: Christian Bale

Agares Blight: Bernard Hill

Max Maximillion: Leslie Nielsen

Shu: Cillian Murphy

Georg Prime: Liam Neeson

Lebrante: Richard O'Brien

Kiba Windamier: Bill Murray

Gorudo: Dan Aykroyd

Can anyone think of people who would be better suited to these roles? Maybe you can think of some actors for some of the other Suikoden characters. I just felt that a lot of these people just suited those roles well.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aside from Leslie Nielsen... That entire cast is missmatched. Hell, none of the actors you listed aside from Leslie even remotely look like the character they're portraying.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not just going by looks, considering how different many of those actors have lookd in all manner of films through the magic of makeup (never mind how hard it is to compare real people with such cartoon like drawings). I'm also going by how well the actor could play the character.. or how I would at least imagine them playing the character. To say that Christopher Lee couldn't play Han Cunningham.. now thats a lie. If you think they're mismatched, then tell me who you would have playing these characters.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there is already a thread like this called: The Crazy if Suikoden was a movie thread... Look around for it...
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn I missed that one. Such a waste...

camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Making Your Own Suikoden II Film Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon Dun wrote:

Flik: Hayden Christensen

Why is it that I was berrated and threatened for suggesting Hayden Christensen for the voice of Luc and Sasarai, yet this guy has gotten off relatively unscathed?
Noke

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Give the guy a break, he's obviously just come back from watching Batman/Star Wars :D
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Gorudo: Dan Aykroyd

Ummm.. you lost me at 'hello'... I simply couldn't imaine him even in make up to look like Gorudo :P

Orochi

Clan Nutsy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

problem one, they're all american actors. From experiences in the past, I don't trust american movie industry to take video games and turn it into a movie. It never worked out and it always sucked pretty badly, ESPECIALLY if the game is originally from Japan. However, games that are created in the US, might have a better chance.

I'm sorry, no, just no. American movie industry better just stay away from making movies out of japanese games and let the japanese handle it.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orochi.. this is a fantasy what if. Stop splitting hairs. Geez.

Here's who I'd pick.

Riou - Haley Joel Osment (He's 17 with a bit of hair dye can look like Riou too)
Jowy - Jonathan Lipnicki (he's 15 and has okay acting ability for his age)
Viktor - Kevin Nash (he's acted before and he can be the brute Viktor)
Flik - Heath Ledger (A clean shaven Heath can be a good hero-type)
Luca Blight - Orlando Bloom (Luca is young enough to make Bloom work. Bloom is versatile enough to play a maniac like him too.)
Maximillian - Fred Willard (Don't tell me he can't pull of the wily Max)
Freed Y - Cillian Murphy (He's a good actor and looks like Freed. He's versatile enough to play a stick in the mud)
Neclord - Brad Garrett (Although we're familiar with him in Raymond, he can do well in serious acting and he, with makup, can be quite a scary dude. Don't think its a bad pick because you've only seen him in comedy.)
Kiba - Bruce Willis (In a role finally he plays someone OLDER than he is in real life!)
Rina - Jennifer Anniston (With a dye job.. heck yeah)
Eilie - Scarlet Johansson (Again, dye job and we got a winner)
Bolgan - Chris Masters (Again going with the WWE thing. Chris is young and buff. He just needs to go bald and get dumber)
Theresa - Cameron Diaz (Sure they don't look remarmably similar but shes a good enough actress to pull it off and shes young looking enough)
Sierra - Kirsten Dunst. (She has the youth, the sexiness and the eyes.)

Aside from those, It gets hard to pick people. I couldnt find a young actress good enough to play Nanami. I would love to see Zach Braff and Nicolas Cage be characters but I couldn't think of any characters that fit those 2.

Also i wanted to include Gorudo, Miklitov and Camus. As well as Kahn.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Noke

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nash is way wrong for Viktor... He's too tall for starters.

Chris Masters? I know you're a wrestling fan, but, honestly that guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag... Not to mention Bolgan is like double his size. Masters is solid muscle, Bolgan was pretty fat, too... If you were gonna use a wrestler, at least pick Bigelow or Vader for Bolgan.

Orlando Bloom as Luca? Brad Garrett as Neclord? ORLANDO BLOOM AS LUCA?! C'mon guys, think this through a little... Sorry if I sound like an ass, but those aren't very good picks at all.

It sounds as if people are throwing in big names just for the sake of having big names or are favorites, not because they'd suit the part.

Once again, sorry for being an ass :P
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Carlos Mencia would make the perfect Georg Prime... its shoking how alike they look...

Conker would be asome as mukumuku

The Rock could play Halec

Jessica Alba could play Anne

And that one "queer guy for the starght whatever" could play Augstine!
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd actually say Scarlet Johansson for Teresa instead of using Cameron Diaz, she's getting old with wrinkles and stuff.

Peter Saarsgaard can do Luca. Well, he can do anybody if he wants.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nanami-Lindsey Lohan
Nina-Hilary Duff
Riou-Jake Gyllanhaal*
Jowy-Brad Pitt
Luca-Mike Myers

ehh..that's all i could think of...but then again...i'm just kidding! LOL!
Rikimaru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugh Jackman would be a badass Viktor. I mean Viktor and Wolverine are kinda alike but Viktor is kind of laid back more.

Orlando Bloom for Luca? WTF, hell no...i was thinkin Karl Urban or someone like that with good make up. Bloom isnt intimidating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: