Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Expansion on Vampires
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't the sword like a vampire in itself or something. I remember reading somewhere that the SD sword was a person that changed himself into a weapon.

On the other hand I also thought that the sword was the night rune one of the 27 true runes. So how could a rune be a man?

If I was Viktor I would of given that sword away to. No way would I want to be getting bossed around by an object for the rest of my life. That and Konami couldn't just keep bringing Flik and Viktor back forever. Sure they're probably amongst the top 3 most popular characters, but they can't go on forever.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The sword is as what you said, an incarnation of the Night Rune. I believe the "Sword was a person" stuff was just speculation.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What the Star Dragon Sword means when it says it is an incarnation of the Night rune is still up in arms. Here's the three theories I have it down to:

Incarnation = Doppleganger
This is known to be a dark techinque employed by vampires, so why can't the rune of Night do it as well. Perhaps the SD Sword is a doppleganger ( copy ) just like Neclord is. The true rune of night could be hidden somewhere...

Incarnation = Transmutation
Perhaps the Night rune decided it wanted to be able to communicate with others and became a sword to get close to people... This of course suggests that true runes have voices and personalities, which is interesting in itself... If this is true, the sword is the rune right down to every detail on the hilt.

Incarnation = Life
Perhaps then originally the SD Sword was just a cool looking sword that the Night rune decided to attach itself to. In this way I assume there was no face on the sword for a start, and that the rune's power created this facet. This however brings up the question of attaching true runes to weapons... obviously no smithy in existence has the power to embed such power, just like no runesage can attach a true rune to anyone, therefore furthering the runes personality theory...

DISPROVING?
Well I don't like the idea that the SD Sword is a person / creature that used the rune's power to make themselves a sword... although if this is true, then it removes all proof of true runes having voices and personalities.

FURTHERED THEORY:
So assuming the sword was never a creature, then it is safe to assume that the voice of the sword is the Night rune itself speaking. Therefore it could be assumed that at least one ( this one ) of the true runes have a personality... Furthermore, true runes can be transferred by force ( Neclord from Sierra, Ted to Tir ) or fought to prove your power over them ( True Water / Fire ). It could be said however that the runes 'choose' who they are embedded on, and could not be forced against their will. If the runes have a will, then they have personality and conciousness...

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you Falcon. As far back as the first Suikoden we have seen that the True Runes have a mind and will of their own. Ted always talked to the Soul Eater like it was a person. In Suikoden 3 If you pick Geddeo as the flame champion his True Lightning Rune goes to Hugo of its own accord.

It is definately safe to say that the 27 True Runes have will power and what not. They force their bearers to do things; point in case Tir kill his father Teo. Many may argue that this wasn't the rune's fault, but my belief is that the Soul Eater was carrying out its own means through Tir.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forget about that! When are they going to announce that Nash's wife is Sierra!? I know there are some people dead against that theory. Most evidence points to her. I love her. So meh.

I as well got around to playing the first chapter of Suikogaiden yesterday and with my terrible Japanese, it makes me believe in the Sierra/Nash thing more. :x

Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami should give us the answer about Sierra when she was in her HUMAN form, and how the rune possessed her. There’s always a possibility that this can lead us to a much larger plot (since it was 800 years ago or so, would that be that she had connection with some older characters, like the Sindar leader or Crowley for example). Well, we can only wait for the next game to come

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you play SuikoGaiden if you don't know Japanese?

It would be really funny to see a scene where Sierra caught Nash cheating on her if she was his Mistress. I coul just see Nash's reaction then Sierra kicking his ass.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While more background on vampires would be cool and such I think for the most part it should be incorporated into the series as sort of an extra side deal. Instead of a large part of the story hunting someone how about say a historian that worked with Sierra detailing the culture of the Blue Moon village. Then make him the librarian type character for the game and instead of just the old books you can collect information on the backgrounds of some of the characters of old. That would be very fitting for say the final Suikoden game where you can finally learn all the detailed information. That would take a lot of work and make that section pretty big. But I personally think that it would be a great addition to the final game. Detailing the history of the Suikoden world in great detail for the fans and those who never got to play the previous games. Thats just my opinion though.

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They could just go back to when Wilder killed a vampire.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ManInBlack390 wrote:
How can you play SuikoGaiden if you don't know Japanese?

It would be really funny to see a scene where Sierra caught Nash cheating on her if she was his Mistress. I coul just see Nash's reaction then Sierra kicking his ass.

I know slightly a bit and a small knowledge of Kanji from my chinese. I learn Japanese in school and such. So I can see grammar patterns and if all else fails I pick up a dictionary. :x

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: