Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How long do you think the Suikoden series will last??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volrath

Forsaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that suikoden still has alot of life in it seeing as there is so much unexplored land that can have its own story. Harmonia + Nameless Lands can hold so much territory that could hold more true runes. I also think that the crystal valley could hold a game in it boundries alone.

I would like to see suikoden put out AT LEAST 3 new games to finsih up the story of the sword and shield.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm opting for a Suikoden X. So the name would rhyme with the number, and a final battle against the most evil of all the villains ever created would make the best ending of the series for me. :D

Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im hoping that they keep it going, maybe going the portable route, with psp, as i've heard for suikoden 1/2 remakes..Dont quote me i only heard this awhile ago on another site. But if they keep this kind of stuff up, remakes, tactic, beautiful new Suikoden coming out, the series will last for a long time.
Aside from Suikoden 2, the only game i was pumped about (reason i bought playstation 2 haha suikoden 3!!!) was Earthbound for SNES when i heard about a possible new one on the N64, it was just going to be same but 3-d. Suikoden is awesome because these days they have so many more options for the genres, Suikoden could go Civilization style with just the nations and cities, or maybe Real war time strategy, how about an MMPORG? where you recruit online players and do a Final Fantasy 11 thing?
Theres so many possibilities in store for the Suikoden series, my only complaint would be that big name franchises like Final Fantasy tend to take the show with every release of a new game.
The Suikoden Series has to build this Big Name Game title, it wont be hard with the complete originality of the games, and the stories. Suikoden is a wonderful series and i dont think its going downhill, if anything its opening its doors to a lot of diff. genres...just have to tap into that first! lol

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking they will make two more, in the Nameless Land (Is that the Northern Outlands?) and then as it has been said, finishing in Harmonia.

The might decide to be genorous and make more and intoduce the Western Continent mentioned in Suikoden 3.
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be interesting to see what the Western Continent is like, or if they had a large country similar to Harmonia in power but with a different political structure, which also was collecting True Runes, it could be like the Cold War of the Suikoden series with Harmonia being like Russia with a corrupt and less democratic system of government, then the country on the Western Continent being like America, and True Runes could be the equivelant to the nuclear weapons, both trying to obtain more. Although unlike the Cold War to make it more interesting there would actually be a direct war anc a collission between the two countries.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But who would be caught between? the hero? that would be a very difficult war to fight, would you have to side with someone? or just fight your own battle? Being the hero you cant be part of a super power, you have to be part of a bunch of random folk gathering for a good cause. Fighting 2 major powers would be like Italy ( i love ya but:) going against the states and all of the Asian armies....it just would be a slaughter fest for little italy. lol

True Rune Army

18323 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh yeah viki n jeane they would be damn old if the series were till 8^ n if theres a series that featured all the heros n true runes, n u could use 6 characters again, tt game would rock me outta my mind. so i would like it 2 last as long as 6 or 7.(but if it lasted till 8 ^, i would notlike 2 c viki n jeane getting crows feet :D oh yeah i forgot sumthing. WHY THE HECK DOES SK3'S JEANE LOOK LIKE A PSYCHO FREAK WHILE SK4'S LOOK LIKE AN ANGEL? GOTTA KNOCK SOME SENSE 2 THE CREATORS) :twisted:
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You forget, squall20005, that Viki can teleport through time & space and Jeane/s are always the same looking. They'll still be their same selves in every Suikoden...

I'm thinking that Harmonia will truly be the final setting of the game. Where all mysteries will be unraveled. Such mysteries would include Yuber & Pesmerga, Viki, Jeane, Leknaat, and the 27 rune bearers.

I wonder what the plot will be... What are the plot twists? Interesting... ^__^

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
You forget, squall20005, that Viki can teleport through time & space and Jeane/s are always the same looking. They'll still be their same selves in every Suikoden...

I'm thinking that Harmonia will truly be the final setting of the game. Where all mysteries will be unraveled. Such mysteries would include Yuber & Pesmerga, Viki, Jeane, Leknaat, and the 27 rune bearers.

I wonder what the plot will be... What are the plot twists? Interesting... ^__^

That is a LOT of ground to cover, yet with the PS3's massive disks allowing new standards in RPG size it's only going to get more and more possible to make a massive scale finalé.

One has to wonder however whether they will:
a ) Cover every mentioned geographical area once making one final full scale map of the Suikoden world.
b ) Leave some lands undiscovered since there doesn't necessarily have to be a war in every area of the continent where the Stars were gathered.
c ) Return to lands already conquested. Changes would be made with the look of buildings and towns, some more towns added etc but it is entirely possible that Suikoden in the future will return to an already discovered land, perhaps fighting against the army you previously built.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if people are still interested as much as they are the suikoden seris could last a very long time ....welll maybe till they get to suikoden 15after that i think they would of covered all the 27 treu runes .........i think that suijkoden tactics games will last till 5 covering info we could know about suikoden seris
moshimochi

Azure Sky

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe until Konami collapse?? :roll:

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

moshimochi wrote:
maybe until Konami collapse?? :roll:

and when would that be? hehe! good one moshi well they could still opt for the gaidens or tactics to patch anything that we don't know on the upcoming suikodens.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they will keep making suijoden games until Konami stops making suokoden games. simple really
Abyssinian

Abyss Mercenary Union

56886 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing the success Suikoden games made, i don't think it'll be convenient for Konami to stop making them... So as moshimochi, said, they'd stop only if Konami fails, OR if everything has been told, which is very unprobable, OR if they stop gaining money from it...
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i doubt it will end just like that. If they succeed in Suikoden V, they will definitely be opted to continue. It's better for them to go on with the story and just add gaidens as they see fit. The final Suikoden would then become VERY far away...

PS3 would be a nice console for it. At least it's gonna be pretty detailed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: