Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

S3: Chris' Butler [spoilers???]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: S3: Chris' Butler [spoilers???] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO there is something very suspicious about Chris' Butler.

#1: When Hugo give him the Pentacle and tells him to tell Chris that "Wyatt" died heroically, the butler doesn't.

#2: When you are offered a choice of rewards and you choose "Well, I am hungry" after Hugo eats and delivers the message, the butler says "You may not want to extend your visit" or something along those lines. This indicates a knowlage that the knights were going to arrest Hugo.

This is all I got at the moment..

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

at least the Butler knows the price of that pentacle, and Hugo can ask for a lot of money (forget how much)
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never choose that option, so I can only take your word for it...

~Tinto~
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can continuously ask for more money. He just says: "Karayans. They're either Frank or the rudest people in existence." Or something like that.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At that point in the game the amount of potch you get in total from the Butler really comes in handy . Since you will never speak to the Butler as Hugo again after that I think , then I say bleed those Zexens dry . Does the Butler kick you out if you keep asking for money , I vaguely remember something like that. Hugo did his part and returned the pentacle , so why shouldn't he take the money , The butler has already formed his own opinion of Karyans . Also is it possible to progress in the game without returning the pendant , I forget .
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a plot point for Hugo to return the pentacle. The story won't advance till that happens.

Quote:
#2: When you are offered a choice of rewards and you choose "Well, I am hungry" after Hugo eats and delivers the message, the butler says "You may not want to extend your visit" or something along those lines. This indicates a knowlage that the knights were going to arrest Hugo.

Well, by Zexen standard, Karyans are filthy uneducated savages, and the Lightfellow household, is a noble house. Having a barbarian around when company comes can make for a very big social stigma.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about Jimba / Wyatt . His skin tone would indicate that he looks Karyan - either that or he could just be tanned . How would this work out with the Butler . Since even pics of him as Wyatt Lightfellow show him to be tanned ie. Karyan looking . Chris lighfellow on the other hand must get her looks from her mother since she doesn't look Karyan at all .
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was always under the impression that he was tanned as Jimba and whiter as Wyatt. His tone is not dark enough to be Karayan however. His hair is also too light.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can progress through the story without returning the pendant. I forgot to do so my first play through and things proceeded fine. You just miss a seen with Jimba if I remember correctly. But, I know for sure that the game can proceed without returning the Zexen Crest Pentacle.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, my dad had the pentacle in his inventory later in the game. I saw.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never took money for the pentacle. It seemed wrong to do that. After all, Hugo is a noble Karayan who would never take money for returning a family heirloom. It also seemed weird for me to say Hugo was hungry, especially since he and Lulu both had food in their inventory. Eating is something I take for granted in video games. It's like going to the bathroom. You assume your characters do it when you're not watching them. Unless the game specifically says its not being done, then I always assume it is. Besides, if Hugo gets TOO hungry, he is traveling with a duck. A little orange sauce ... a few vegetables...

As for the butler saying Hugo shouldn't wear out his welcome, I took that more as the butler saying. "People here don't like Grasslanders. You may want to leave before some does something stupid." I doubt a butler would have inside information that the government was going to come in and arrest someone he just met two seconds ago.

And its funny, he always looked darker to me as Wyatt than he did as Jimba.

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
"People here don't like Grasslanders. You may want to leave before some does something stupid."

I think that's pretty accurate. I always picked the food option. I always felt comfortable asking for food. I only chose the no reward and money options to see what would happen. I never progressed through the game on those options.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
I never took money for the pentacle. It seemed wrong to do that.

That's the way I felt, same in Luc's POV when you can choose to kill a Karayan fighter or not...

~Tinto~
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way I see it is that the money of the Lightfellow household is mostly Jimba's money and he would have wanted Hugo to have it . Jimba wont be needing it anymore where he is .
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or in the afterlife.... :wink:

~Tinto~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: