Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Books by Tamora Pierce: Circle of Magic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Books by Tamora Pierce: Circle of Magic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THE CIRCLE OF MAGIC QUARTET

The Magic in the Weaving

Sandry is a noble, Briar is a thief, Tris is a merchant's daughter and Daja is a trader, but each of them has something in common: they are all parentless and each has a strange magic. When they are bought together at Winding Circle temple, Summersea they have trouble over looking their different backgrounds and personalities but their four powers will eventually unite them and make them the best of friends.

The Power in the Storm

Winging Circle is under threat from pirates. For years they have been unable to attack, but now the community has been weakened by an earthquake, and the pirates have a new weapon. The four young mages, Sandry, Tris, Daja and Briar, love living in the temple and vow to protect it even if it means unleashing their untrained magic on the world. Tris is determined they will save the temple but there is a high price to pay for her actions.

The Fire in the Forging

The Winding Circle Mages were sent to help the drought-stricken Gold Ridge but with their magic's all mixed up and tangled they only add to the problems. The four struggle to master their unpredictable power and it seems the only way to sort things out is to separate and confine their skills. But this might spoil Daja's ability to manipulate fire and destroy their one hope of saving Gold Ridge.

The Healing in the Vine

Plague has struck the city. It's like nothing the healers have ever seen before and it spreads rapidly. Forced into quarantine by exposure to the outbreak, Briar and his teacher, Rosethorn, fight to keep victims alive. Meanwhile the rest of Winding Circle must find the cure to the disease before more people die.

IMO this is her best series. For more inforamtion on her books go to http://www.dy8.co.uk/tamora/

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to start reading this series - I own the first book. But I cannot really get into fantasy stories as much as I can more realistic stories or Sci-Fi stories anymore. I got a few chapters into it and pick'd up another book. It was good I just couldn't handle it.

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read both The Immortals and The Song of the Lionesss quartets a long time ago and I did like them. Though as far as I can tell i'm one of the only males on earth who even read them. In fact as o f late i was thinking of books that i might like to read again and rememberd these. so I think I'll take your advice.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh god, I read those books! Absolutely ages ago, too! I'll never forget buying them in 8th grade, I think it was - such beautiful cover art. And I totally loved the idea of the idea of them learning to use their powers in the temple. I think Daja or Tris (possibly both) were my favorites. <3 Sadly, I don't think I ever finished up the series - I read the first 2 books, then ...Forgot about it, I guess. I got swept up into another junior book series (that I would LOVE to remember the bloody name to) where a gateway was opened up between the Norse (...just the norse?) mythological world and our own, and the main character's girlfriend got sucked into it by Loki. Perhaps I'll rent out the last two and see how it ended.

Personally, I liked the first two books OK but I think I prefered the Song of the Lioness quartet. My young eyes fell on the "The Woman Who Rides Like a Man"'s title and I knew I had to read them. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. She's written 5 quartets now, Circle of magic, The Circle Opens, The Lioness, The Immortals, Protector of the Small.

All of them, i have read.

Briar was my fav: "Keep you neb outta my buisness" I liked Daja too...

My favorite teacher would have to be Niko...

~Tinto~
exhale

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went on a Pierce kick a year or so ago and read the Lioness and the Immortals series. I alos read some of the Circle of Magic. I think my favorite book of these was Briar's, can't really remember why though, usually I like the weather magic stuff more. But yeah she writes some good series. I really want to read her new series it's about the Lioness' daughter I think.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds pretty interesting, I've been looking for a new series lately. Gotta finish the latest book in "A Song of Ice and Fire" though.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who's that by?

~Tinto~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: