Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Should I make a game script for one of the Suikodens?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I make a Suikoden game script?
Yes, one for Suikoden would be nice
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Yes, one for Suikoden 2 would be nice
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Yes, one for Suikoden 3 would be nice
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Nah, there`s no need.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Should I make a game script for one of the Suikodens? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can find game scripts for all the Final Fantasies and various other games over at GameFAQs. Suikoden(the first) has a partial one, and there are some transcribed scenes at Suikosource, but I don`t think there`s a complete script anywhere. At least I haven`t found one. So, I was just wondering if there`s any interest in one here. I have too much time on my hands during the summer, so I could try to make one for one of the Suikoden games. It could be useful during debates and such, and perhaps SARSAdmin would be gracious enough to add it to the main site.

So, do you think I should do it? Is there any use for it at all? Please vote and/or respond...I`ll start doing one if there`s enough interest. S1 or 2 would be easiest since I can use an emulator, but I could do S3 as well...especially if I could find a PS2 emulator.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would defiantly like to see/read a script for Suikolden, actually I did not vote because I really like to see about all the suikoden games because it is very confusing to choose between them since I love all of them very much, so my answer would be yes go for it. :D

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Synchysi scripted the entirety of Suikoden and part of Suikoden III, so you should check with him before you start anything so you don't waste your time.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah that would be cool to have a scripted soooo we can refer back to them instead of playing the whole game again like i have*cough suikoden1 cough* yep

Final Fantasy might already have scripts but do they have BOOKS!?!?!? hahahah

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually have kind of a script for Suikoden I on my computer, NichtWahr or Loopy ripped all the text off the cd so I just have it organized by file, its not organized by story at all. It doesn't label who says what lines, too, so its really confusing. Trying to organize it would be harder than just getting the script from the game, especially considering how short Suikoden I is.
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for 2, but i would like one for all of them really. Each of them really have cool quotes.

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the feedback! I`ll try making one for S2 then, since most of you seem to want that, and the other two have been done before. I`ll probably start tomorrow, and post updates of my progress in this thread.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing...with all the alternative endings and events and stuff in S2, how should I write it? For example, the premature ending in Tinto...should I do it like this:

(Lots of text)

ALTERNATIVE ENDING START

(Insert everything that`s said during the "running away" ending here)

ALTERNATIVE ENDING FINISHED

(Script continues with the proper choice in the Riou/Nanami conversation)

Or should I just write out the normal course of the game with the proper choices and good ending, and put the alternative stuff as an extra section at the end?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the full Suikoden 1 script on my computer.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`ve started, and I`m up to where Riou gets thrown in jail in the Mercenary Fort. I wonder if I`ll ever manage to finish this thing...XD

I can have a sample up tomorrow when I`ve done more.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, a Suikoden 2 script would be nice! There is a full script of the first game out there. Why not for the 2nd game :) ?

Quote:
I wonder if I`ll ever manage to finish this thing...XD

I'm sure you can. I did a whole script for Persona 2 at gamefaqs. I was so relieved when I was finally done!
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes a script of suikoden II would be fun and rlly cool
I would print it out and sell it :twisted:

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I`ll try making one for S2 then, since most of you seem to want that, and the other two have been done before. I`ll probably start tomorrow, and post updates of my progress in this thread.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing...with all the alternative endings and events and stuff in S2, how should I write it? For example, the premature ending in Tinto...should I do it like this:

(Lots of text)

ALTERNATIVE ENDING START

(Insert everything that`s said during the "running away" ending here)

ALTERNATIVE ENDING FINISHED

(Script continues with the proper choice in the Riou/Nanami conversation)

Or should I just write out the normal course of the game with the proper choices and good ending, and put the alternative stuff as an extra section at the end?

I think you should do everything as it officially is, including the Clive quest, all Riou's dialogue how it should be, all the Nanami stuff, and all the choices you make.

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:
Yes a script of suikoden II would be fun and rlly cool
I would print it out and sell it :twisted:

Hehe...I`d like a share of the profits, though. :wink:

Angelus Silverberg wrote:
I think you should do everything as it officially is, including the Clive quest, all Riou's dialogue how it should be, all the Nanami stuff, and all the choices you make.

Yes, I know, but that wasn`t really what I meant. I was asking about how I should set up the optional stuff. I`ve got it sorted out now, though. I`ll try to include every optional event and variables in the script, except for really minor ones and Clive`s Quest. Sorry, but someone else`ll have to do that...I simply refuse to play through a part, write down all the text(tedious enough in itself) and then load state and go through it again to get a fast enough time. If there are save games available at each point of the Quest, I might do it, though. But the only one I remember seeing was just the last encounter.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should make novels out of all the Suikodens. Or not even the games. Maybe before and/or after the games.

Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus Silverberg wrote:
They should make novels out of all the Suikodens. Or not even the games. Maybe before and/or after the games.

They have made novels out of the Suikodens. One and Two both have novels.
Of course, they're only in Japanese, but still... ((The S3 manga, btw, are instead of a novel for that game apparently))

I'd love to see cannon books/manga for the periods between the games, however. Or any books/manga for the Gaidens!

Anyway, back to topic...Gwendal I belive the way you suggested is perfect for doing the alternate endings. Unless you want to get fancy and do .html with links for alternate scenes...but that'd be more work.
Also, you should list what the choices are for Riou's diallouge (if that's not to much work) and which one you choose, or sort of a tree with "Choice A leads to 1, B leads to 2" if you wanna do the info for ALL the choices
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: