Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lost (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Episode 3 answered a lot of questions but opened doors to more. Like I had thought. I was incorrect on a few things. But that's what you get for guessing. I was right for the most part though.

The shoe in the first episode? It was a peice of clothes that fell from the plane, its not like it was anything special.

Desmond and Jack remember eachother and Desmond runs away. I think that is histerical.

Man, Jhones was right... that was one big red herring... you know the octagon not being anything? Oh wait.. it actually was HUGE. Kind of a really important thing. And like I had surmised, it was a company that did all sorts of scientific experiments, like with animals and polar bears. Now we know how they got there. We also know that every 108 minutes the "numbers" have to be placed into that computer. Good thing Sayid fixed it. Jack could be right, nothing may happen. But I wouldn't chance it. If they're going to be there, they might as well put those numbers in.

Hurley found the pantry, which will lead to conflict because the entire camp would die for real food. We see in the previews that Charlie gets pissed at Hurley for keeping it a secret. Locke and Jack are taking turns putting in the code, which Hurley recognizes as the bad numbers. I'm interested to see what more these numbers are going to do.

Jin, Sawyer and Michael got thrown into a mud hole cell and soon meet up with Ana-Lucia, who tells them she too was on that Flight 815. Sawyer, Michael and Jin trust her and she betrays them by taking Sawyer's gun and calls for "Adwale" (He has no name on lost yet other than Shaft, the nickname Sawyer humorously donned him, so I use his real name.) who picks her up out of the cell and she shows she is with the others.

So, we know how the Polar Bears got there, what the "Octagon Company" does...and their real name is the Dharma Company. Their logo has korean markings around the octagon and a swan in the center. The "film" Jack and Locke watched divulged that this island was a scientific base for research and that something went awry and now the button has to be pressed every 108 minutes. The name of this "base" was the Swan, like in that logo. I'll ned to look deeper in the film and other scenes for other stuff I may have missed, like who was in that picture with Desmond, what was in the film that could have been overlooked and other such stuff.

In the preview we see Jin say something in english. Not asian accent engrish either. Straight out american english, no accents. I'm gonna be pissed if he too could speak english this whole time. Oh man...

Questions:

What will happen when the timer goes to 0? Nothing or Everything?
What do those bottles of medicine Desmond needs do?
How will Sawyer, Jin and Michael get out?
How does Jin speak english?
What happened that night at the camp while Jack, Kate and Locke were in the hatch?
How did Calvin hear Desmond's boat crash and Desmond not hear Flight 815 crash?
Where is Desmond going, does he know more about this island than he leads on?
What is up with the electromagnetic thing. Is it a bomb like Desmond thinks or is it a ruse by Dharma to play mental games with Desmond like Jack thinks?

Feel free to add more questions or hypothesize the answers. Man I love this show.

Here's what I hope. I hope that there is a doomsday device that needs someone there to operate it. I hope that we see a lot more of Desmond and the death of Ana-Lucia. She pissed me off by stealing the gun and backstabbing our 3 friends in the hole. I want to see more of "Adewale" simply because I loved him in Oz and I know he can be a great character. I loved to hate him in Oz and I can see myself growing to hate him in the same manner here in Lost.

So, the "others" are people from the plane. But that doesn't explain how they got a boat and why they took Walt. Rousseau spoke of Others when she was new to the island 16 years ago. Could it be that there's 3 groups on the island? Rousseau's others (remnants of Dharma), Tailsection of Flight 815 and our group. We don't know what happened to the rest of Dharma Corporation, but we know that the electromagnet is great at making things crash on the island. So far 2 planes, and 2 boats. (815 and the drug smugglers, rousseau's boat and desmond's boat.)

I liked learning more about Locke, and that we finally got to meet Helen. We saw in one of Locke's first season flashbacks him talking to a sex phone operator calling her Helen. He hadn't gotten over Helen. Helen either left him because he wouldn't give up the hatred for his father or she died (possibly in the same accident that caused his spinal problem strickening him to a wheelchair).

So, I'm intereted to see what I may have missed or what you perceive is happening. Talk to me people!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seen one of the questions said "How does Jin speak english?" Well that is quite easy, He has been surrounded by english speaking people for weeks so its logical that he picked up some words.

Anyway i'm only on season 1 as i live in the UK. But the episode were it shows Claire's falshback was shown yeaterday. After reading some posts in this topic about observing the episodes. Well i did.

I want to know what that damn Phycic man seen. He must have seen somthing spooky if he backed off.

Then he urged her to get on the plane (815) no other one but that. So there must be some kind of thing tied with her baby.

Anyway since Season 1 is not even half way through yet i won't even think of posting speculations. I started arguing with a friend about what the island could be.

I'm so damn addicted to that show that i am going to buy the boxset.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to reply to your question about Jin. I can understand him picking up a word or two. he's been hanging around Sawyer and Michael for a while now, but the preview shows him speaking english like he'd been raised on it.

If you hear how Sun speaks, she speaks "engrish" (note the l is replaced with the r... a common mistake for asians speaking english. in their language the L sounds like an R, so they will often interchange the two.) Jin speaks clearly, in an american accent. Its really weird. I want to know more about Jin.

There are rumors that Claire's baby will be a pivotal role down the line in Lost. If the show lasts a long time, I can see the kid being really F'd up.

I think the psychic saw the crash and knew that claire would survive it. For personal growth she needed to be on the flight and face her problems rather than run from them. Claire tried to run away from motherhood and responsibility. The psychic maybe knew more about the crash than we know. Until there's anothe Claire-centric episode, we won't know more about her. So far in Season 2 we have Jack, Locke and Michael-centric episodes. I'm going to guess the next one will either be Kate, Sawyer or Charlie-centric. From what I've seen of episode 2.4 (Season.Episode #) we're going to see Charlie emerge from the background and be a larger face in what is going down on the island. Also, we saw Claire question the statue of Mary he had in his backpack. A shame he didn't mean what he said about it. He wanted a drug fix, not an Idol to pray to.

I read an article in Entertainment Weekly about Lost and the producers say that we'll see the inhabitants of the island come more to terms that they won't be leaving and they'll start setting up more permanant roots on the island. Naveen Andrews, the actor who plays Sayid, eluded to the budding romance between Sayid and Shannon. With a late timeslot, we'll get more of an opportunity to see the two become close and personal. More than just lovey dovey like we saw in season 1. Also, the article said Charlie and Claire form a bond, but it may not be romantic. Sun breaks away from her Korean family roots and become a more "americanized" woman who spreads her wings and becomes a leader in the community, much to Jin's shagrin. Jin will learn to speak english (or maybe he was holding out on us like Sun was? That's some darn good practicing if I heard correctly). Michael will begin his search for Walt (It actually began the second the others took Walt). And of course Jack and Locke will butt heads for the alpha male position. Its Faith versus Science. Locke wants mystery on the island and Jack doesn't. Also we see a few new cast members. Ana-Lucia we saw already as well as the large black guy Sawyer called "Shaft" which I find quite humorous. 9Sawyer's nicknames are always great.) I'll call him by his real name until one is given on the show; Adewale. Rumor has it Rose will become more of a focal point too, as we find out wether her husband is alive or dead, and how she copes with it. A yet to be seen (clearly) new person is Libby, as I posted in my prior post.

So much is in store for us in season 2, I can't wait to watch them all... The week wait in between is really killing me. I personally think Jack and Kate will distance from eachother because Kate tends to side with Locke. Kinda. But with the emergance of Ana-Lucia, Jack will have another lady swooning over him. We already saw her and Jack do some flirting in episode 1.25 (Exodus Part II).

But this is all provided that Michael, Sawyer and Jin make nice with the Others. If a cross island feud breaks out... Our side's gonna win because we got more guns and manpower. But I really think we're going to see the 2 groups mesh and we get more mysteries and ties to eachother.

Destiny, What's uber-cool about Lost is.. although we here in america are in season 2, we still don't know all the crap from season 1. Your speculations can be as true as any of mine. Technically we're only like a month's time ahead of you in terms of Lost's timeline. Sure, a lot can (and does) happen in a month's time, but we're still baffled by a lot of mysteries. And if you read what I writa and what Nutflush has written, you're going to be immersed in spoilers and potental speculations. Speculate ahead, and if we got answers, we'll give them to you, but for the most part, if its something huge (like the newly solved Polar Bear mystery) chances are we won't know the answers fully.

Old Questions:
What causes the number's bad luck?
What makes Walt so darn lucky?
Where did Ethan Rom really come from?
Rousseau? (Basically everything about her is STILL a mystery)
What in god's name is that monster?
What is down the hatch and why is there a hatch on an island? (Answered in Episode 2.1-2.3)
Why did the other's take Walt?

That last question.. I'll dive deeper. Look at the boat they had. It was a small tugboat/fishing craft. Not a boat made for long oceanic trips. This means they were from a nearby island. Our Lost Island perhaps? Probably. Do these fellers belong with the group we see in Episode 2.2 and 2.3? I'm guessing not. Ana-Lucia is with the spear toting, tribal survivors of 815. The ones who've had to fend for themselves without luxurious Airlplane supplies. I really think there's a third faction. Rousseau claimed there were others far before the crash of 815. It's these people who I beleive sent Ethan, kidnapped Rousseau's kid and now took Walt.

Man.. i seriously could speculate for hours on end about this show. J.J. Abrams.. you are a genius.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I didn't respond to your first post, Red, so I'll do that before going into your last one.

Red wrote:
The shoe in the first episode? It was a peice of clothes that fell from the plane, its not like it was anything special.

Nah, I don't think so. I have no theories about it, but it can't just be something randomly placed in the forest. I'm just going to do a Locke impression and take a "leap of faith" that there is some deeper purpose to the placement of that damn white shoe. It just CAN'T be an accident! It just CAN'T! *pounds floor, kicking and screaming* :P

Quote:
Man, Jhones was right... that was one big red herring... you know the octagon not being anything? Oh wait.. it actually was HUGE. Kind of a really important thing. And like I had surmised, it was a company that did all sorts of scientific experiments, like with animals and polar bears. Now we know how they got there.

Yep. The speculations about the polar bears on page one of this thread can be put to rest.

I think the symbol appearing the shark (if it's really there, I still haven't confirmed it for myself but I'm taking your word) is easy to explain now too. They probably tested on the shark and then tagged it so they could track it later. Scientists tag wild animals for records all the time. It doesn't mean it was a super-shark or anything. So I think the speculation about the symbol can be put to rest as well.

Quote:
We also know that every 108 minutes the "numbers" have to be placed into that computer. Good thing Sayid fixed it. Jack could be right, nothing may happen. But I wouldn't chance it. If they're going to be there, they might as well put those numbers in.

I think Jack punching in the execute button was a pivotal moment for the show and his character. He could have very easily let that last second tick off and deny that anything would happen, but he took a leap of faith that he is not used to making. Now he is locked in to it. It has to be him and Locke now for the rest of the season, taking shifts typing in the code.

I think if there ever will be a rift it will possibly come when Jack neglects his shift and doesn't type in the code, but I don't think that would happen anytime soon. I think this counter has become the new "hatch" for the show, meaning the mysterious object that has no explanation and no immediate purpose and that drives the characters for the whole season.

Quote:
I'll ned to look deeper in the film and other scenes for other stuff I may have missed, like who was in that picture with Desmond, what was in the film that could have been overlooked and other such stuff.

I would go back and hunt for more clues too, but the tape I used to record the show was erased already. I'll just have to go off of my memory or simply wait for future shows to reveal the things I missed.

Quote:
In the preview we see Jin say something in english. Not asian accent engrish either. Straight out american english, no accents. I'm gonna be pissed if he too could speak english this whole time. Oh man...

Haha, I had chills when he said that in the preview for next week... "Everything is going to change." Man, I had goosebumps--no joke! I mean, you're absolutely right, Red. He said those words like he had been speaking English his entire life. He was completely fluent.

Of course, we already knew the actor spoke perfect English. It was weird hearing him talk on the documentaries in the Season 1 DVD because I was so used to hearing him speak Korean.

If he could have spoken English this entire time, why did he hide it from Sun? Why did he let himself get tortured in Season 1 and made into an outcast if he could have just walked up to Michael and asked for the watch? Granted, it wouldn't have been much of an episode if he just asked for the watch, but this seems bizarre on many levels to me.

Again, it's entirely possible that he just learned the language from hanging around Michael. It looks like Michael can understand bits and pieces of Korean if Jin talks slowly, so Jin should be able to learn a few English phrases in the same way from Michael. But "Everything is going to change."....man, that's just bizarre....

Quote:
What will happen when the timer goes to 0? Nothing or Everything?

My guess is "everything". I think it has a lot to do with the "monster" and the "sickness".

Quote:
What do those bottles of medicine Desmond needs do?

They could be vitamins or some kind of anti-sleeping drug. Three years of living in the hatch, having to punch in that number every 108 minutes, doesn't give one much time for sleep. They could be anti-psychotic drugs too, for the same reason.

Quote:
How will Sawyer, Jin and Michael get out?

That depends on who Ana-Lucia and her friends really are. If they're all survivors, of 815 or several different flight/boat crashes, who have found each other and joined up, then I think it's a good bet that they might try to find a way to unite their "tribes". But, if Ana-Lucia was a plant like Ethan Rom this whole time, posing as a member of 815 when she talked to Jack, then Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are going to have to fight there way out somehow.

Quote:
How does Jin speak english?

Very fluently, it seems... :?

Quote:
What happened that night at the camp while Jack, Kate and Locke were in the hatch?

I don't think that will be revealed. It seems with the raft and hatch stories caught up together, the writers are ready to move on. I doubt they go back to that night and show the remaining survivors hiding in a cave for an hour's show. My guess is that the Others didn't show up, and in the morning they all went back to their routine.

I'm curious as to what's going on with Shannon though. She saw Walt standing in the forest soaking wet for a brief instant then he was gone. She also heard the voices in the trees. Could Shannon be the first one who becomes "sick" from Flight 815?

Quote:
How did Calvin hear Desmond's boat crash and Desmond not hear Flight 815 crash?

Desmond WAS playing that record pretty loud... :D

Quote:
Where is Desmond going, does he know more about this island than he leads on?

The actor who plays Desmond wasn't one of the three who were named prior to the season, so maybe his role in the story isn't that important anymore. He could probably get killed off in the coming weeks.

Or, he'll end up disappearing entirely for the next 18 shows then appear in the season finale when you least suspect it. In any case, it looks like Desmond's role has been fulfilled.

Quote:
What is up with the electromagnetic thing. Is it a bomb like Desmond thinks or is it a ruse by Dharma to play mental games with Desmond like Jack thinks?

I'd like to know this as well. I still hold my theory that there is something greater about the quarantined area than we know... possibly a deeper tunnell to a much larger mystery. Possibly a doomsday machine? Possibly a Starbucks? Who knows at this point? ;)

Quote:
I hope that we see a lot more of Desmond and the death of Ana-Lucia. She pissed me off by stealing the gun and backstabbing our 3 friends in the hole.

Aww, come on now. They can't kill Ana-Lucia off. If it turns out she's one of the good guys, her ongoing verbal battle with Sawyer would be great to watch. :D

Quote:
I want to see more of "Adewale" simply because I loved him in Oz and I know he can be a great character. I loved to hate him in Oz and I can see myself growing to hate him in the same manner here in Lost.

Hmm... he has a heavy accent, even though he barely spoke in the last episode. Is it possible that he was on the plane that crashed with the Nigerian drug smugglers? The ones who were posing as priests?

Quote:
So, the "others" are people from the plane. But that doesn't explain how they got a boat and why they took Walt. Rousseau spoke of Others when she was new to the island 16 years ago. Could it be that there's 3 groups on the island? Rousseau's others (remnants of Dharma), Tailsection of Flight 815 and our group. We don't know what happened to the rest of Dharma Corporation, but we know that the electromagnet is great at making things crash on the island. So far 2 planes, and 2 boats. (815 and the drug smugglers, rousseau's boat and desmond's boat.)

Wasn't Rousseau part of a research team? Maybe her team was actually working for Dharma Company??

And yeah, I think there has to be at least three groups on this island because I don't believe Adawale and Ana-Lucia were offiliated with the Others who took Walt.

Quote:
I liked learning more about Locke, and that we finally got to meet Helen. We saw in one of Locke's first season flashbacks him talking to a sex phone operator calling her Helen. He hadn't gotten over Helen. Helen either left him because he wouldn't give up the hatred for his father or she died (possibly in the same accident that caused his spinal problem strickening him to a wheelchair).

Same here, though I chuckled a bit when I saw it was Peg Bundy. :mrgreen:

About the car accident... I read somewhere online (so yeah, it HAS to be true, doesn't it?) that the same car was responsible for injuring Locke, hitting Michael, and killing Shannon's father. While I'm glad we got to see more into Locke's past, the big question about his handicap still remains a mystery.

Okay, it looks like I churned out a nice-size response to your earlier post, but I'm going to have to tackle the other messages later. Time for sleep! Yay sleep!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that island explodes.

An orientation video explaining away most of the "mysteries ans secrets" of the island? Cop out.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're a cop out. Its fairly obvious this show is frigging huge. It has the nation captivated. You're in a minority. If you don't like the show then stop watching it. I don't sit there and watch ER every week. Why? because I don't like the show. I watch My Name Is Earl, Scrubs, The Office, Lost, Monday Night RAW and Sportscenter because I like those shows.

If you like watching lost, then join in productively on the conversation. If you don't like the show then stop watching it and stop posting about how its "dumb" because I'll pick apart ANY show you think is better, and explain how Lost is superior to it. But please, do that over a PM because I do not want to get too sidetracked from talking about Lost.

Nutflush, We know that Jack's wife was the one who killed Shannon's father in that car accident. Either Jack's Wife was one terrible driver or that is not true. Also, I don't think they were all in the same area. I think Michael lived on the east coast, Jocke is in Oregon or Northern California and Jack is in Los Angeles. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it was the same car in all three accidents. We aren't even positive it was a car that put Locke in a wheelchair, it just seems like the best explanation.

Good call on the Nigerian Drug Smuggler thing. He could be. Judging on the decay of those bodies, he's been on the island quite a long time. Also with Ana-Lucia and Adewale are a few other people. I notice a lady with blonde hair who might just be Libby, but never shown her face. So i can not be certain who she really is.

Where did Rousseau go? She disappeared after the botched kidnapping of Aaron. I know the group probably won't trust her for a while but I think Sayid and Jack have more to ask her. Especially now that theres a hatch and more is exposed about Dharma.

I don't think Rousseau was working for Dharma bacause her "survey team" crashed on the island 16 years ago. She specifically said crashed and made it clear to Sayid she never wanted to be here.

Anyhow, time will tell. I'm hungry and I'm going to go eat a bowl of cereal. Jhones, either contribute positively or don't at all, please.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lost's official magazine came into the movie store I work in yesterday... so I bought it. :mrgreen: Here are some interesting tidbits from the show:

-Adawale's character name is Mr. Eko. (I know you'll be glad to know that, Red.)

-The "Monster" isn't exactly a monster. It's design came primarily through sound design in Season 1, mixing organic sounds (like animals) with machinery (like those pulleys in Exodus Pt. 1). The effects guy now has been brought in on the secret, and so we will start seeing more visual clues in Season 2 as to what it truly is. But you can go back and watch old episodes for hints as to what it truly is.

-Dominic Monoghan believes that there will be a rift among the Flight 815 survivors over shelter, food, and water. Probably has to do with the pantry.

-The writers say the hatch will become the most important part of the show for this upcoming season as its mysteries unfold. Many relationships will be affected by it (yeah, pretty vague, but we have our first hint with Hurley and the pantry).

-The producer confirmed that there are "other survivors on the island... who have had it worse off than our survivors from Flight 815". And "when the two camps meet, there is going to be a lot of shocking destiny at hand". :shock: CAN'T WAIT!!!

-Somebody put up a piece of toast on Ebay that had the bad numbers burnt into it, and it had 50,000 hits with a final bidding price of $4,815.16. It was taken down though. :lol:

Red wrote:
Nutflush, We know that Jack's wife was the one who killed Shannon's father in that car accident.

Ahh, I must have missed that. Did they say Rutherford in that flashback? I definitely missed that one.

Quote:
I don't think Rousseau was working for Dharma bacause her "survey team" crashed on the island 16 years ago. She specifically said crashed and made it clear to Sayid she never wanted to be here.

That's a good cover story, if you ask me. *shrug* Who knows for sure?

Oh yeah, one quick story: my parents went gambling the other night and played video keno. They used the bad numbers and won $80 between them. :mrgreen:

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting subject matter there Noot. I'm looking forward to learning more about Mr. Eko. I still like the name Adebisi better..lol. But I guess I'll deal with Mr. Eko until we find his first name.

I don't know if you've had the time to look back at episode 2.2 yet. I did for you and took a creen cap of the shark's totooed tail. If you look closely you'll see it there.

I loved the tidbit about the toast. I never heard that one. Someone could have made a lot of money from nothing there.

Dude... Don't let your house burn down and make good with your loved ones... 80 bucks isnt the lottery, but dude. (I was being Hurley there..lol)

yeah, I spoke with my girlfriend about Lost (it takes up a good 1/3 of our conversation material.) and she agrees that the Ana-Lucia and the others we saw were members of 815 and that there's another faction on this island. This island is huge.

If you listen to the film Jack and Locke watched, the scientist mentions something about the electromagnetic powers on "this part" of the island. This confirms it is an island. There were rumors circulating that it wasn't an island but an extention of New Zealand...which is an island technically but meh. I didn't beleive it at all, but that info will shut those idiots up. Also, he mentions that this base is base 3, called swan. Does this mean there's 2 more hatches on the island? It could be a possibility. Rousseau's others are pretty good at hiding. Maybe they found base 1 or 2..or even 4 or higher, to live in.

I still believe Ethan Rom came from Rousseau's others and not Ana-Lucia and Mr. Eko's others. Unless Ethan gave a phony name (Other Man..lol) he had to have been from a third faction of people. If Ethan was trying to infiltrate our group of 815ers, then why would he give a phony name if he was on that plane? It blew his cover. And from what we saw of Ethan before Charlie plugged his chest with lead, he was an intelligent man who knew a lot about surviving on the island. At that point, there's no way someone with no outdoorsman skills on a plane could rig those kind of traps, know their way around the island enough to hide and be stealthy. He had to have been on the island for a longer period of time.

I'm curious to see just how many of the Lost members actually go into the hatch. We have seen Locke, Kate, Jack, Sayid and Hurley so far. And Desmond, but he ran off and isn't one of our cast-aways. I'm assuming Charlie finds out about the pantry by sneaking down there, or Hurley's infamously loose lips (Arzt explains Hurley has very loose lips in the latter episodes of Season 1).

The "monster", I never believed was a real Jurrasic Park kind of monster but a tecnological "guard dog" that is on the island. I thought this early into season 1 and its only gotten stronger. We know now that Dharma had done some pretty sketchy scientific experiments out there, and maybe some of the stuff they were testing needed some serious guarding, so they created this quasi-invisible machine (That emits smoke, which is what we see) to scare and defend any intruders on this island. Why exactly it skins its "prey" is beyond me, but that Pilot got his birthday suit removed in a quick fashion. Perhaps it was this defense mechanism's malfunction that the film claimed to be the "something that went wrong". But what that machine has to do with the 108 and computer is beyond me. I'm trying here... I really am.

We'll see more about it all on Wednesday, which can't come quick enough.

Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found somthing useful for you second seasoners.

http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?channel=Lost

It's lets you watch at least three minutes of the past three episodes so you can recap on them.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Red wrote:
I don't know if you've had the time to look back at episode 2.2 yet. I did for you and took a creen cap of the shark's totooed tail.

Awesome! Yeah, my screen was waaay too dark to pick that up. We've had it for well over 10 years.

Okay, it's official: any more dark episodes in the future with vital info, you gotta fill me in, hahaha. :mrgreen:

Quote:
Dude... Don't let your house burn down and make good with your loved ones... 80 bucks isnt the lottery, but dude.

Nothing has happened out of the ordinary by the $80 so far, but.... I'll remain cautious. (I don't have any links and it would be interesting to check to see, but I wonder how many people actually play the 'bad numbers' for the lottery now? Quite a bit I think. And I wonder if the popularity of seat 23A has increased while 42F has gone down, thanks to this show?)

Quote:
Also, he mentions that this base is base 3, called swan. Does this mean there's 2 more hatches on the island? It could be a possibility. Rousseau's others are pretty good at hiding. Maybe they found base 1 or 2..or even 4 or higher, to live in.

So base 3 was referring to the hatch? I thought it was talking about the island, and that the island's code name was "swan"? I don't have the episode any more, so I can't go back and check it now. They re-aired the show last night but I missed it, otherwise I would have checked then.

And yeah I think it's highly likely that the "bad" Others are hiding in another hatch-area. In fact, that might explain the voices in the forest. Maybe when Sayid and Shannon heard the voices, they were actually hearing them from deep below the ground that came up to the surface through some sort of ventilation system?

Maybe... but I think there is still some mysticism involved when it comes to the Others, especially with their relationship to Walt.

Quote:
I still believe Ethan Rom came from Rousseau's others and not Ana-Lucia and Mr. Eko's others. Unless Ethan gave a phony name (Other Man..*laugh*) he had to have been from a third faction of people.

I agree. I think Ana-Lucia's others are made up of random survivors from random crashes onto the island, and they found each other and decided to band together for survival. The Others involved with the kidnapping of Claire, Charlie, and Walt don't seem like they're just surviving.

Quote:
I'm curious to see just how many of the Lost members actually go into the hatch. We have seen Locke, Kate, Jack, Sayid and Hurley so far.

We saw Rose in the pantry in the preview for next Wednesday's show, too.

Quote:
The "monster", I never believed was a real Jurrasic Park kind of monster but a tecnological "guard dog" that is on the island.

In one of the commentaries of Season 1's DVD, the writer said the monster was a "buffalo-monkey with tentacles". :lol: I guess we'll find out eventually.

By the way, I caught the very end of the re-aired 2.3 episode that was on last night, and the preview they showed for 2.4 was longer than the one on Wednesday. The extended part showed Sawyer, Michael, and Jin in some strange cave/tunnell, and this blonde lady said something vague (can't remember) and Sawyer looks at Michael like a huge revelation had been made. Following this scene, Jin says the line "Everything is going to change."

Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edited: Stay on topic, and stop making posts designed to bait other members into a flamewar.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, the fourth episode pretty much confirmed some of my suspicions.

-Ana-Lucia and Mr. Eko were other survivors, but I didn't expect them to all be from Flight 815.
-Bernard is alive and well.
-There are 3 groups of others on the island--both "tribes" of Flight 815'ers and the mysterious folks who kidnapped Walt.

What I didn't expect:

-That the scene with Jin speaking English was just a dream. They did a good job of purposely misleading us I'll say, hehe.
-Hurley getting another story so soon. That scrawny guy from "Road Trip" had a nice cameo appearance, though, just like Peggy Bundy from last week's show (I forget her real name).
-That there would be so few survivors left from the tail section of the plane. What exactly killed them off? The monster? The Others? Or maybe the "sickness"?
-EDIT: After watching the episode a second time, I noticed Walt's face on the side of a milk carton in Hurley's dream. :shock: If it's a dream, how could Hurley--even unconsciously--know that Walt is missing? Maybe the Island told him...

What I'm looking forward to:

-Jack and Kate's expanding relationship, and also Sawyer and Ana-Lucia. I also think by the end of the year Bernard and Rose will be reunited. I know, I sound like a middle-aged woman who loves to watch her "stories" but this show has always been about the characters. It's good to have some light-hearted moments and sentimental moments along with the gloomy mystery.
-Michael going after Walt.
-The two tribes meeting.
-Desmond's role in the show from now on.
-Further exploration of the hatch.
-What the messages in the bottle say.

Few more instances of the "bad numbers" appearing:

-There were 23 survivors from the tail section of the plane.
-I believe there was a 42 on the back of the Driveshaft CD cover. EDIT: Nope, it said "D2", not 42.
-Does anybody know how many lawn gnomes Hurley collected to spell out "CLUCK YOU"? I have a feeling that could be another case.
-EDIT: Both 8 and 16 appeared on gas pumps at the end of Hurley's flashback. There was also a 42 on the convenience store.

Last edited by Noot on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this season is getting off to a rollicking good start. I can't wait for next weeks episode, it looked so good - that kid (Walt?) swinging the teddy bear absentmindedly as he walked? Cree-pay. The "There were 23" thing this episode? Just sent chills.

Things I really liked this far this season:

- Bernard and Rosa. I thought when Bernard approached the main camp survivors and asked about Rose and then the camera flashed back to Rose saving the candy part...Cute!

- CLUCK YOU. Oh, enough said. Wonderful moment. And that geeky guy...He was really kind of cute.

- Kate's acting seems to have improved a lot. Love her look when she bites into that chocolate bar.

- Jin is just as hot speaking English as he is speaking Korean.

- Sun burying the bottle? Sad.

- Sayid's comment about Chernobyl? Cree-pay.

Things I dislike (so far):

- Is Charlie taking drugs that turn him into a crap nugget? He's been really annoying, even though the moment with the peanut butter was really cute. But c'mon, dude, Hurley is taking inventory, obviously he can't hook you up.

- Ana Lucia? While it's totally awesome to have a major steel stilletto female leader, you could learn to be a little nicer. Kicking an injured man when he's down isn't good leadership - it's just needlessly making enemies.

- Desmond seems to have been un Deus ex Machina, and not much more. What was with him running away?

Ten potch says the others got Dessie.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome to the discussion, milady. :D

Sophita wrote:
I think this season is getting off to a rollicking good start. I can't wait for next weeks episode, it looked so good - that kid (Walt?) swinging the teddy bear absentmindedly as he walked? Cree-pay. The "There were 23" thing this episode? Just sent chills.

I concur.

Quote:
Bernard and Rosa. I thought when Bernard approached the main camp survivors and asked about Rose and then the camera flashed back to Rose saving the candy part...Cute!

I thought that was a touching moment as well. I guessed that it was Bernard as soon as he approached Michael and company, but it was still done very well. And I think that Apollo candy bar has some relevance to their past, in some way. Maybe we'll find out in another origins story later this season?

Quote:
Jin is just as hot speaking English as he is speaking Korean.

Umm... no comment.

Quote:
Sun burying the bottle? Sad.

Yeah, it's almost as if she's burying her husband. The bottle returned but not the people who left on the raft... how else would Sun interpret it? Perhaps Rose can give her some comfort with her almost spiritual optimism. :(

Quote:
Is Charlie taking drugs that turn him into a crap nugget? He's been really annoying, even though the moment with the peanut butter was really cute. But c'mon, dude, Hurley is taking inventory, obviously he can't hook you up.

Charlie was kinda rude, especially because it seemed like Charlie was trying to use Hurley with blackmail to get peanut butter out of him for "the pretty blonde and her island baby." He probably could have gone about it differently, but again, they were trying to connect Charlie to the skinny guy from Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack.

Quote:
Ana Lucia? While it's totally awesome to have a major steel stilletto female leader, you could learn to be a little nicer. Kicking an injured man when he's down isn't good leadership - it's just needlessly making enemies.

Maybe swinging the wiffle bat is the only way to put Sawyer in line. And ya know? I think he likes it. :lol:

Quote:
Desmond seems to have been un Deus ex Machina, and not much more. What was with him running away?

Perhaps... he doesn't want to be around another large group of people. When he first came to the island, there were several people living inside the hatch, and gradually they all died off. What from? Is he in the same situation as Danielle? Does he just not want to be a part of a group because of the "sickness"?

I think we may see him again later in the year and when we least expect him. That, or he'll get killed off in mid-season because his purpose has been fulfilled...

Quote:
Ten potch says the others got Dessie.

...that too. :P

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I suppose its my turn at the wheel here at SLARS (Siukox's Lost Assumptions & Rumors Shelter). I saw this weeks episode and I wasn't really pleased with it. We didn't really get much. We didn't get anything new that we already didn't know last week with the trailer. We knew Sawyer and company were gonna get out. We knew Jack saw Kate in the shower. Sure we got jyped with a dream sequence, but I'd rather it be a dream than acctually having Jin speak.

Ok.. So.. what good came of this episode? What little snips are worth anything?

I agree with Sophita (Welcome to the discussion BTW, wonderful Uqeen), The scene with Bernard and Rose was wonderful. We knew in our minds that Bernard was still alive. Even in season 1 when Jack and Rose (my heart will go on!) had that heart to heart talk and she said she knew he was alive, I believed her. But I think we were all looking for a black guy. I was until Julie (My GF) pointed him out when Bernard opened the door for Ana-Lucia, Eko and the crew. She knows 10x more about Lost than I do and I'm immersed.

Other notable points are Mr. Eko showing a human side and apologizing. Libby introducing herself to us and the little frackas Ana-Lucia and Sawyer get into. When Sawyer says "Oh, if you hit me again, I'll kill ya" Ana-Lucia gives a look that all latino women know. She liked it, a lot. I'm not a latino, but latino women who watch the show read that body language.

Some stuff you might have missed. During Hugo's dream sequence he's drinking milk (which shouldn't be there as its a perishable, but its a dream so its all cool) if you examine the milk carton, you see Walt's face on the side. Now.. what is famous for being on the side of milk cartons? Abducted Children. Hmm.. Aside from that, there's not a whole lot that could be missed. Or a lot of stuff that was missed...and still haven't been caught.

We knew going into this week that we'd have Sawyer and company find the bunker with the other passengers and we also heard the lines "I thought you said there were 23." "There were". And that's where we left off this week so essentially we gained absolutely no ground on that side of the island's story. Frustrating.

What of importance happened on our side of the island? Nothing really. Hurley gave out the food. Jack and Sayid tried to find the source of the electromagnet and of course, came up with zilch. But the Chernobyl line infers that there could be a nuclear device behind those walls. Better keep pushing that button, eh Jack?

So.. this leads us into next week. Will we find out that its the sickness that Desmond feared that has killed off so many of the other survivors? What will transpire on our side as there's nothing new going on over there (Aside from Sun's sadness)? Nobody is in peril, nobody is really angry with anyone else. heck, we don't even have any decent love scenes (Sayid and Shannon... Jack and Kate... Charlie and Claire). Nothing...

But i do have old business to bring up. There has been a reported appearance of the Dharma symbol in season 1. Yes.. and that's not the kicker I have for you all. Ready? It was on the Plane. Oh Snap! I have screencap proof of it too. Here we go...

Look on the right... it looks faded like the plane used to belong to Dharma but was bought over by Oceanic and the decal was removed.. kind of like the occasional lettering you see faded into the side of a van that used to be a business van. So.. what do you make of that?

The person who needs more storyline time is Sun. She thinks Jin is gone. What is she going to do now? How will she deal?

I really hope we get some action this episode. It started off with a good burst of action, but aside from the rock to the head, there hasn't been and good drama. We need some serious drama.

Also.. here's someone else's interpretation of the layout of the large bunker under the hatch.

arnezami wrote:
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mapreal29kw.png
1) Beds
2) Light behind beds
3) Bicycle
4) Pull-up tube
5) Weights
6) Cupboard
7) Workout bench
8) Dish washer and cleaner
9) Uniforms
10) Oven
11) Kitchen table
12) Tap
13) Garbage container
14) Telescope
15) Metalic handle?
16) Medicine locker
17) Dining table
18) Chair
19) Table
20) Couch
21) Combination lock
22) Weapons room
23) Unknown closet
24) Vinil player
25) Control panel
26) Lava lamp
27) Tennis table (in side folded upwards)
28) Mural and painting tools
29) Movable mirror
30) Buckets
31) Alcove with indicators
32) Alcove without indicators
33) Magnetic room
34) Another/connected magnetic room?
35) Control panel
36) Small couch
37) Desk
38) Oscilloscopes
39) Reel to reel machines
40) Reel to reel machines
41) Main control panel/console
42) Apple computer
43) Mirror on "boiler"
44) Another mirror on a "boiler"
45) Electronic/steam box
46) Locke's shoes
47) Big lamp
48) Big mirror

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: