Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

VP Shrine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: VP Shrine Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If some of you checked my Suikoden 4 shrine in the other board, then you know I shrine for rpgclassics. Anyway, for the past two years I've dedicated (see dragged) myself to create a Valkyrie Profile shrine. It was regarded as one of the most difficult games to shrine solely based on the fact that nobody could ever finish it. No one wanted to. So yeah, it's taken me a hella long time to bring myself to finish it, but I've wanted to. I see the shrine as a part of my creative works, and something that I have dedicated many gaming and computer hours to. Two years and two months later, I have no excuse for not finishing it, especially now that I that I've found an old tips & tricks magazine that has a bunch of VP strategy in it (yesssssss). So instead of replaying the game over and getting a bunch of crap I missed, I just look it up and read ;P Aaaaanyway, the shrine isn't complete, but almost complete. I overhauled the whole walkthrough section to make it less painful for me (and less confusing for others). Once that is done, and I correct a bunch of stuff, I submit the shrine to the rpgc staff and they pick it apart. When I'm finished, I also plan to post the link on the gamefaqs VP message board since they're a pretty good crew over there. A third opinion is always nice, so I'm requesting some opinions here as well, since many of you have played VP. Now I'm not looking for critiques or indepth analysis. Tell me what you like, what confuses you, what I may be missing, what I could add in to make things more interesting. Keep in mind I have a lot of unfinished business throughout the whole shrine. Is it effective? Not? Tell me, because this is for everyone else. If I make something crappy, then all of that work is wasted. So give me some light comments regarding what you see here:

tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~valkyrie

Thanks.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I only got endings B and C on Valkyrie Profile. A "friend" of mine who is obsessed with this tells me to get the god darn A ending! and im working on it xD (The dude calls her girlfriend Valkyrie, yeah, its sickening... but wait until you hear her reffering to him at Lezard >_<)

About the "light comments" *cough, I think that a Plot Analysis would be a veeeery sweet thing to add. This sick friend of mine has finished the game like nine times and he still has some doubts about what the heck is going on in the game! (Im personally mesmerized by Lenneth using a weeding dress at the beggining of the game, but he told me the A ending tells me "a bit" of the story)

Anyway, "I want a darn sequel of this masterpiece!" is his everyday rambling xD so I figure the A ending must be kickass.

Keep up the good work, I personally congratulate you for the "Tips for begginers" section, it's original and useful.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh thank you Futchie! You're so right about a plot analysis! I can't wait to start it right away!

And yes calling your girlfriend Valkyrie from the game is very sickening >> You need to get the A ending, it makes the game a lot more worthwhile.
Arcana

The Engineers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a game-oriented shrine? I was kind of hoping that it would be a story/characters/design oriented shrine, myself... that's usually what I think of when someone uses the word "Shrine".

I'm a pretty big VP fan myself and started a writing game similar to my Suikoden one (http://suikoden.mine.nu), but the game eventually ended up dying due to lack of interest. It's still online, though. You can find the remnants of the game at Divine Seal: http://crystal.leamonde.net/ (which is a page that I don't run... the webmistress there though was a part of Illusion of Memory and decided to host everything that was posted).

At some point in my life, I actually record the entire game's story sequences on two VHS tapes. Everything from the intro to every character recruitment sequence to all of the important dungeon stories to all three endings were recorded on tape. I wish there was a way to easily digitize that all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: