Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best on Adult Swim
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Show on Adult Swim
Futurama
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Family Guy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Inuyasha
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robot Chicken
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Aqua Teen
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Full Metal Alchemist
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Cowboy Bebop
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Harvey Birdman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sealab
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Samuria Champloo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paranioa Agent
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Fooly Cooly
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
s-CRY-ed
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Nameless_one

Leader of the dead...

6994 Potch
248 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. What is your favorite show on adult swim?

My favorite adult swim is...ehm...I don't know really...
They are all great...Hinata girls are cool...and Evangelion too...Cowboy Bepop isn't bad either...Futurama makes me laugh...The Simpsons are a legend...I really like the Onegai Teacher...and Naruto....Ranma is good enough too...Dragonball is great...Dragonball Z is great too... I can sa so for Dragonball GT too...I

2. Why is it your favorite?

Why is it my favorite?
Evangelion, Cowboy Bepop, Futurama, Hinata Girls, Dragonball...they are all so cool...

3. How late do you stay up/ What shows to you watch?

How late?
Well....untill they are finished

4. Comedy vs Action

Comedy vs Action? Comedy
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FLCL all the way, although Paranoia Agent is a very close 2nd. Third would be Family Guy or Cowboy Bebop.

Question:
FLCL

The animation is great, the story is great, the storytelling is great, the characters are interesting, the complete randomness of things is awesome, etc. It's just an insanely funny and entertaining show.

I stay up until [adult swim] is almost done with thier repeated shows. I usually sleep around 3:30-4.

4. Comedy vs Action
Action. No contest. I love a great laugh, but there is enough of that on already. I like to see shows that had a lot of serious thought go into the story and characters and animation. I always prefer serious shows over comedy shows. FLCL kind of walks on the line.

^Actual quote!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question:
My favorite show on adult swim right now is Full Metal Alchemist. This hasn't always been my favorite, but recently i have really enjoyed it and i find myself waiting for it to come on. Of course i have a lot of other favorites which include family guy, futurama, Aqua Teen, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, and the Venture Brothers (I am not sure if the Venture brothers is actually on adult swim though, or if i spelled Venture right)
Full Metal is my favorite i guess because i am getting tired of all the other shows. I do this from time to time and jump from one favorite to the other. I enjoy the whole Alchemy concept and i think it is kind of deep in a way. At least as deep as a cartoon can get. But the situations and topics they discuss are sometimes very serious based on the fact that their goal is to find a way to revive their mother and change his brother back to a human.

I will sometimes stay up pretty late watching adult swim. I can remember easily staying up till like 3 before, and i usually watch most of the shows on adult swim.

4. Comedy vs Action

I guess i willl have to go with action. Sure i love the comedies, but action seems to get me hooked on a particular show where as a comedy i can miss. With the action shows i find myself never wanting to miss an episode and going to great lengths to do so. I suppose i really don' t have that big of a preference, but if i have to choose then i am going to go with action.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Adult Swim show by far, is Cowboy Bebop. A very close second is FLCL, and in third there's a whole jumble of shows I can't really decide on-- Sealab, Futurama, Family Guy, Fullmetal Alchemist, and so on...

Heh, does one really need to explain why they love Cowboy Bebop-- I mean, how could any one not understand how awesome this show is. ^_^ FLCL gets second because of how good the english dubbing is-- in alot of the anime shows I watch on TV there's so many 'cringe-worthy' moments its not funny. So you really have to be greatful when a good english dubbed show comes around. FMA would be higher on my favorites list if it had better dubbing, this show is full of 'cringe-worthy' moments.

However late the shows I watch are on.

4. Comedy vs Action

Comedy vs Action? Action all the way. ^^

Last edited by Gil-galad on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-Galad wrote:
because of how good the english dubbing is-- in alot of the anime show I watch on TV there's so many 'cringe-worthy' moments its not funny

After watching about 30 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin in Japanese with subs I accidentally left the dvd on english and watched it for a bit anyway. Oh my god.

Sanosuke had some kind of dodgy american cowboy thing going on, full credit to the production people for attempting to fit the words to the mouth movements that was pretty close but I couldn't listen to that voice for more than a few seconds before feeling the urge to throttle myself. I quickly switched back, the lesson here?

Subs > Dubs.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: