Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best on Adult Swim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Show on Adult Swim
Futurama
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Family Guy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Inuyasha
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robot Chicken
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Aqua Teen
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Full Metal Alchemist
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Cowboy Bebop
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Harvey Birdman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sealab
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Samuria Champloo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paranioa Agent
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Fooly Cooly
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
s-CRY-ed
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Best on Adult Swim Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm already sorry if there is already a topic about this i looked but maybe missed it

Question:
1. What is your favorite show on adult swim?

2. Why is it your favorite?

3. How late do you stay up/ What shows to you watch?

4. Comedy vs Action

Personally:
1. My favorite is Paranioa Agent

2. It is my favorite because the art is amazing, the story is exciting and entertaining, and the characters have depth.

3. I stay up every night till 2 and watch them all. it's very unhealthy

4. Action by far: Paranioa Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Samuria Champloo, Fooly Cooly, and Full Metal Alchemist are by far better in my opinion. But Comedy gets more views, this is because it's on so early (this is my opinion).

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

4. Comedy vs Action

1. Either Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Paranoia Agent.

2. Aqua Teen is hilarious, Paranoia Agent is scary as hell, and smart too.

3. I stay up all night, I've seen every show on their block.

4. They're both great, but they put too much emphasis on some crappy Comedy shows.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. I'm sorry, but Family Guy wins. If family guy is on the list, then its no contest.

2. Its the best show on TV since the simpsons (you know, i mean back when the simpsons was funny)

3. I don't stay up late to watch AS. I have a DVR, so I record whatever I want to watch

4. Comedy vs Action...... as much as i love anime, I'm going woth comedy. The dubbed anime, in my opinion, isn't as good as the original Japanese. English speaking Voice Actors tend to make the characters sound too cartoony. with comdey, it doesn't matter, since its supposed to be cartoony.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question:

Well I think right now the lineup is full of blah. I thought shows like Family Guy and American Dad were funny the first time I saw them and then just got bored with the endless array of bad programming with one funny line per episode. (Man that reminds me of the Simpsons.) Inuyasha is also moderately entertaining, but it should be on on Friday nights when they play the kiddie stuff because it belongs there. Tom, Robot Chicken (ESPECIALLY THE ROBOT CHICKEN) and Harvey Birdman are also just shows that I don't find funny in the least. Paranoia Agent is a show that I find a tad bit boring. If all of these shows disappeared, I would be a much happier oOoB.

**They just took Ghost in the Shell:SAC off again in favor of Cowboy Bebop (Ballad of Fallen Angels is on TOMORROW night. That's my favorite episode) **

My favorite show of all time originally from Adult Swim has always been Sealab. Otherwise, it's Bebop hands down.

Sealab has the dumbest comedy that I've ever seen. It's highly original and doesn't try to be overly political or smart (yah Family Guy fanboys)

*Murph Dog - "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain"
*Murphy - "Lady, unless you got a baby up your skirt, tell your story walkin"
Sorry I'm quote happy and I only quote that shows many stoopid lines everywhere.

I like Bebop because it's the best anime program ever. Characters and their development, story line, action scenes, music, it's just perfection.

Depends on the night, I'm usually up for work in the morning just before Bebop comes on anymore.

4. Comedy vs Action

Most times I'm not a comedy person and I'm so into anime right now that it's not even a tough decision.

Samurai Champlu is definitely turning around. I thought originally when they're looking for Samurai Shampoo who obviously uses some sort of sunflower shampoo that it was going to be pretty bad. It's turning around though slowly but surely. FLCL is about the weirdest thing I have ever seen, but it's mad good. Mixing up the Full Metal, Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Big O and GITS:SAC keeps them all interesting even though I've seen all or most of(GITS) all of them.

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was deciding between S-CRY-ed or Robot Chicken. I went with Robot Chicken because it is some of the most funny stuff I have seen on TV in a long time. I have seen every episode so far. I stay up to watch it when I want, but I have TIVO(digital recorder) so I can just tell it to record those shows and not worry about stayin up.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber wrote:

Sealab has the dumbest comedy that I've ever seen. It's highly original and doesn't try to be overly political or smart (yah Family Guy fanboys)

Ow. my pride.

but i see your point. I like sealab too, but I lost interest when they got rid of Murphy. I loved Murphy. I know that the voice actor died, but they could have kept the character.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to preface this saying that I haven't seen Adult Swim in quite some time. I currently have no TV nor the time even if I had a TV. But I used to stay up till 1 or 2 am (mountain time) and watch.

1. Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

2. While I like FMA, I didn't really like the English dub compared to the original. And Family Guy gets boring and repetitive. Both of the previous statements are true with Inuyasha, IMO. Haven't seen enough of the rest.

3. I don't anymore.

4. Comedy with a sprinkle of action. If both are incorporated, all the better.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TBGFT wrote:

but i see your point. I like sealab too, but I lost interest when they got rid of Murphy. I loved Murphy. I know that the voice actor died, but they could have kept the character.

Yes Murph died and I think they wanted to drop the character and basically acknowledge that he was gone. After awhile, I don't think they were having as much fun without him. And yes, the show got a lot worse once he wasn't around anymore. There was one hilarious episode that involved the crew getting microscopic and going inside of the new guy and not being able to get out through his nose... because of... yeah... and then the ship grew back to normal size and I'm afraid I spit my drink all over the room. That was the lone funny post-murphy episode. *tears up*

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite is cowboy bebop.

it is my favorite because i like the aniamtion and the stories. it was the main reason i stared to watch adult swim a few years ago.

i stay up until 1 or 2 am. it depends on what time i have to wake up the next day.

4. Comedy vs Action
i like both genres but if i had to chose one i would pick comedy. i own a lot more comedy series than i do action. it is easier to understand than some of the highly complex anime's that are out now.

*btw, cn announced they will show the entire evangelion seris on adult swim. no premier date has been announced yet though.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where the hell is "Home Movies?" That's an Adult Swim show, as well.

Question:
1. What is your favorite show on Adult Swim?
I don't really watch Adult Swim much, since I just got cable recently. Many of the shows I like are on Adult Swim. One of my favorites would have to be Home Movies. However, I've also really been a fan of Aqua Teens. That show is pretty darn funny.

McGurk. I seriously have a friend who will probably grow up to turn out like McGurk, and the sad thing is, I don't think that's a joke. Also, the unitards are just like what the hell?! lol Some funny stuff there. Lynch is kind of a sissy, but overall, the show is prett decent. I like it.

3. How late do you stay up / What shows to you watch?
I work midnights so normally I'm up past 8 AM... I recently watched Samurai Champloo, and that was a pretty sweet show. I also get some of the adult swim shows on Demand, so I don't always need to stay up to watch them...

4. Comedy vs Action
Um, isn't the question "Comedy OR Action?" lol Anyway, I like both... A good mix is what makes most shows great. Now, I'll normally take comedy over action, but a series that has a good combination of both is something I'll really treasure. My favorite animes have both of these elements in them, so it's hard for me to choose. But sure. I'll say comedy.

Put Home Movies in your poll!!!

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll second that, Home Movies is pretty badass. Especially that episode where Coach McGuirk got all the swords from the Home Shopping Network then tried to trade them in for food. :lol:

I AM A COW MOO MOO MOO

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I KNEW i was missing a show damn sorry. i'll see if i can add it i don't think i can well whatever

PS. just bought the final eposides of Paranoia Agent AND i would like to say it was well worth spending the money!! GO watch it it's pretty amazing!

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love home movies! I liked it back when it was on UPN, and liked it even more when it was brought back from the grave on Adult Swim. Is it even still on Tv?

My favorite epsiode was the one with Star Boy and The Captain from outer Space! I hadn't laughed as hard since when Family Guy was on Fox (the first time around)

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Samurai Champloo

2. Because Mugen is a funny kick @$$ perverted guy.

3. I stay up until I'm done watchin the shows I watch doh. I watch Samurai Champloo and Inuyasha. Then on weekdays i try to watch all of adult swim. :shock:

4. I like both. Samurai Champloo is my favorite because it has a great balance between the two.
MenaceX

FoE Legion

17500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aqua Teen, followed by Family Guy, honorable mention for Robot Chicken.

Its just so damn funny. Meatwad just cracks me up everytime he speaks. And Shake is just a complete moron.

I stay up till like 2 or 3 in the morning most nights, I don't have good sleeping habits

4. Comedy vs Action
Definately comedy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: