Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Willy Wonka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read the book first and I always HATED the old movie but I really liked this new one.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Walawala wrote:
It wasn't too bad. It was very close to the book. Almost word for word, which was kind of creepy.

The book is very short. I can be read by an adult in about 2 hours, so making a classic translation should have been easy. The best thing about this movie is there was no "Cheer up Charlie" song. I hate that song so much, and fast foward everytime it comes on.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the other day my youngest cousin finally dragged me to go, and watch the film begrudgingly, and while I didnt care for the movie at all personally, it was well done. I dont care for Johnny Depp's acting, with maybe the except of Pirates of the Carribean, and he just came off as far too "creepy" in the film for the part. I have not read the book so I cant really compare the movie with the book, but it didnt seem fitting for the part he was playing. Eccentric, certainly but he was just creepy in some ways, which didnt bother me, but it seemed to not fit the character well in my opinion. However, my cousin loved the movie, and will probably go see it again with his parents some time next week or so.

I still dont really understand what people see in this movie, especially if they are adults. I mean even the original movie was fashioned more than likely for children, so I still dont get it. I might have enjoyed the movie more if I was younger, but now it doesnt fit my preffered movies. Anyways, that is my personal take on the film so take it for what it's worth folks.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" few days ago on TV, I have to say I didn't like it much, it was a little bit too... happy and childish for my taste, and I absolutely am spooked from these tiny orange singing elves.

Speaking of songs, I'm glad most of them were cut on TV, I guess the songs were kind of funny and cheerful, more suitable and appealing for the younger audience, but for me I found most of them slow and drowsy, even when most of them were kind of short, though I still can't even believe scenes are cut from this movie, or maybe I slept during these few scenes.

Well, I can't either say I liked the general idea of the movie, the whole obsession with chocolate is one thing I didn't understand about it, maybe at the time of the movie people weren't that common with chocolate and were needed to be obsessed with.

Anyway, I did find some of the scenes silly and interesting, making the movie itself not that bad at the end, so I wouldn't really mind the new version, it might even be cheerful to me.

And if Jhonny Depp is in then double the fun, I think (not that I'm a fan, I just find him silly, in a funny way).

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it a few days ago, and I loved Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, it was great! I didn't like the Umppa Lumppa's in this one though, their songs weren't very good.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the Umppa Lumpa songs were alot better, holding a better beat. At least, it was alot better than anything in the older version in my opinion.

And anything with johnny Depp is bound to be good, hes a great actor.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saw this movie the other night and I thought it was really good. I love the first one alot better though. Such great spin-offs have come from the old movie's Umpa Loompa songs (thank you Family Guy and Futurama).

When you look at both movies side to side though, you really can't judge them to be the same movie because of how many differences there are between them. I'm actually greatfull that Tim Burton didn't style the new songs the same way as the old because even if they turned out good, it would have killed the origional feel that the songs possessed. Besides, I thought the new songs that the all encumpassing Umpa Loompa sung were quite catchy. This one was more accurate to the book as well.

But as I said before the movies are too different to compare. The first movie focused more on Charlie while the New one was more focused towards Wanka. It's simply another entertaining movie to watch. It's got my approval. :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: