Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Strange Dates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Strange Dates Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When it tells you when the last post in the thread/forum took place, I have a very random set of numbers either side of the day.

Is it just me afflicted with this, and can it be fixed?

Pretty please?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It must be just you, because I don't encounter this phenomenon. You might have some sort of browser spyware/virus that adds stuff to certain strings.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had something like that I don't remember much about it but it said thread and had letters and numbers. I turned off my virusshield which usually gives me trouble and it was fine, this was a few days ago.

Just now when I post it usually takes a long time to do so and I get a DNS error page. I refeshed the page to see if I had posted and it posts twice. Can you check this out.

EDIT: oh well looks like this one posted fine. Problem solved.

EDIT: No, I got a DNS error again when I edited this post.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you get a DNS error, that is a server/router issue. Nothing I can do about that.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the date it says you made your last post Sars:

e76Wednesday282006

I can pretty much figure out the day from the code used, but the rest is annoying and/or pointless.

I'll try and figure this phenomenon out with every power available to me.[/quote]

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured out what your problem is. For whatever unknown reason, your date format within your profile is set to "English." This is not a recognizable format. Change it to the code below to get the normal date.

d M Y h:i a
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm...I had a weird incident the other day when my regiment name because my location, my location became my signature, and my signature was non-existent.

Perhaps it pushed English from Board Language down to the date format. Can't see how it did that as it's a drop down menu, but that's all I can think of.

Anyway - thanks oh gracious admin!

Edit: on a side note - the Office setting for the board layout is very disturbing.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naver seen that Office setting before you mentioned it Fliktor...weird. I don't like change, back to the classic layout I go!

Glad you have your problem sorted.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The office layout is for the working professional.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In that case it's no wonder I prefer the SubSilver layout, since I'm a layabout student and all.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, the "SubSilver" (which is not really SubSilver) format is for non-professional use. It's colors and whatnot make it unsuitable un a professional environment (it is too obvious).
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How utterly bizarre. My date settings were 'normal' until I went into my profile to change to the Office layout (Purchase Requisition, classic), when suddenly they change to 'English' as well. So I dunno if it was changed by entering my profile or changing the board layout or what. Either way, glad there's a fix for it because, as Fliktor says, it's rather annoying.

(Maybe it only affects us UKers, hey Fliktor?)
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I switch between office and subsilver all the time, so that can't be the cause. I am hoping it is some sort of one-time database hiccup.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't access your site from work Sars, it won't let me. Says your not decent material and I could be spreading vile images and viruses over the internet.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your workplace has some pretty stringent policies in that case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: