Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite artist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Favorite artist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the question:
1. What is your favorite artist? (can be painter, music, manga artist, designer, etc)

2. Favorite work/s by that artist? (if you have images would love to see them)

3. Favorite era of art? (don't know if manga has this but like comics do. painting does and so on)

4. Your favorite medium? (acrylic, oil, pencil, different music forms, pen&ink, clay, electronic, etc)

personal:
1. My favorite artist is by far Rene Magritte

2. My favorite works include "The Rape", "The Lovers", "Homesickness", and "Perspicacity"....and no i have no images

3. My farvorite era would have to be the Surrealist movement. I would have to say the best art in the world came out of the "anti-art" movements of the time. Although Surrealism isn't really Abstract it does have some common ground. Surrealism is more about interpreting the mind, dreams, behaviors, etc. Dali gets way to much credit.

4. My favorite medium is Pen&ink with water color and acrylics over it or colored pencil.

i was just wondering what ya guys believed is the best music, painting, manga, etc.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The classics = where it's at.

Favourite artist is one mister Leonardo da Vinci himself.

Favourite works, hard to say. I love the Lady with an Ermine, but it doesn't have his famous landscapes, so that gives points to the Mona Lisa, who already has a lot of points for being the best painting ever forged by humans. Mostly though, I love looking at Leonardo's studies and cartoons, rough sketches on yellowed paper that really help me learn how the master used to sketch and draw. His presentation of humans and animals is always flawless, so observing his studies helps me emulate his style. In this vein, the deluges are also pretty cool, even if only for the "apocalypse by flood" cool factor.

My favourite era of art then is the High Renaissance. Mr da Vinci may be my favourite artist, but I've got to acknowledge Michelangelo Buonarroti (I always spell that wrong) for his Last Judgement especially but also, of course, the Pieta. Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini, my favourite sculptor, and his magnificent Ecstasy of Saint Teresa. Yeah, it was a grand time.

Favourite medium, I'll say pencils and charcoal etc, the stuff that Leonardo used to make his studies. Although I'm also partial to marble statues, just becaus they're so difficult to make and were always done so well.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. My favorite artist is by far Thai.

2. My favorite works include "Portland Love" because it shows he has love for the city he grew up in that's a pretty good thing to rap about in my opinion. "Searching" this track talks about what he wishes to do with his life I can relate to this one. "End of Discussion" I like this song because it's a good song to shut those fakers up.

3. My farvorite era would have to be what he's rapping about now. It tells about his struggles in life and his positive ideas for his community.

4. Do music artists have a medium?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: