Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Water Margin Chronicles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Water Margin Chronicles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found and interesting link while hunting for an online version of the Water Margin.

And I beleve I found a few... Well two actually.

First off, is...
http://www.geocities.com/nguyenvfr/English/Romanx.html
Then, there's...
http://www.poisonpie.com/words/others/somewhat/outlaws/index.html

I however, am currently looking to find an online copy of the actual book, since I want to read it.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me or is the makers of Suikoden through the games leading to something like the fall of the North Song Dynasty for Harmonia in the series story? Just that they havent gotten to the point of all out decline yet but it seems to fit it very well. That is merely an interpretation of what I just read from one of those sites you posted. But anyways I had always assumed anyway that running with the ideas within the books, that Harmonia is sounding a lot like the dynasty that was made mention of.

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, when I read the descriptions of the 108 stars in the first link, and then compared them to the 108 from Suikoden 4, I noticed several, if not most of the characters shared a descriptive likeness to each other.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Well, when I read the descriptions of the 108 stars in the first link, and then compared them to the 108 from Suikoden 4, I noticed several, if not most of the characters shared a descriptive likeness to each other.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this was intentional on the part of the creators. On the Harmonian point, that's quite possible. Everything we've seen so far has led us to believe that Harmonia will be involved in the end. Most likely, knowing how the games work, Harmonia will fall. But that's just my idea.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the version in the 2nd link is the version i read. i was surprised when i found it in my high school library over 3 years ago. i spent most of my senior year reading the book. the name translations are different than the other translations that most people use (all men are brothers). when i first saw the star list on suikosource with the characters from the book in the list i was confused because i didn't read that version and had to learn the character names all over again. i still refer to the characters names from the version i read (ex: i spell it song jiang instead of sung chiang and li kui instead of li k'uei).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: