Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Chronicles of Narnia Movie(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember watching The chronicles of Narnia on the BBC . The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was the most popular and well known of the series . My brother was actually a bigger fan than I was and he has some of the books . I have to say though I never did read any of the CS Lewis books back then .

I did not know that Disney was making it , so it should be good . At least it will have a bigger budget than the BBC version and you will be able to better experience the magic of Narnia .
VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the movie is going to be really good. The trailer was good and they did a great job on the lion and on how it looks. I never read the books unfortunately, but I plan to before the mvoie comes out.

Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What about the Last Battle?

Well, the Last Battle has never quite appealed to me, as it gives a feeling that the entire series has not quite 'ended' yet (that is, when Aslan tells them that "another world exists inside the world, another Narnia resides inside Narnia"). However, I found the closing of the 'first' Narnia world rather breath-taking- you can almost visualise the ending of a world. Of course, there was also a similar scene in the Magician's Nephew when Digory and Polly dropped in on a world that was ending (also where they got the crazy world-ruling witch), but that was without the dying of the sun.

Although, yes, admittedly, having a glimpse of Tash would be cool. :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I just got back from seeing the movie, and I really liked it. The special effects were out of this world. I expect alot of Oscars, or at least nominations for the movie. I had good comedy, very good action, it did change things around alittle. All in all I would say a good movie.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There really weren't too many changes from the book. At least not major ones. Little things here and there and the witch/Edmund stuff in the middle was different. They added more action in the middle.

The only things I didn't like (and they are all minor) are (spoilers in black)

They made Susan a little too nasty and whiny. Not too much, just a little
They took out the animals having Christmas dinner scene
And Rumblebuffin didn't really do anything.

They also cut out a little of the inner monologue stuff and added some other small things, but otherwise it was a great film.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: