Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harry Potter
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the new book out in about 1 week, I figured I would start a thread, and see if there are other fans on the site. So:
What's you favorite book?
Which is your favorite movie?
Why do you like the books?
What do you hate about them?
Do you have a favorite character?
Do/Did you have any predictions?
Did they come true?
Who should be dating who?
anything else of intrest you might want to add.

I liked the first movie, that's what started me on reading the books. With every book I read I loved it mre than the previous one. The I reached Order of the Phoenix.

My favorite book is Goblet of Fire. My least favorite is Order of the Phoenix. I liked it, but it was not as good as the other books.

I like Snape-I think he's a half vampire(Don't ask). He's also a scumbag. I like Lupin, and I love McGonigle.

I thought Harry was related to Voldy. After Chamer of Secrets, I was convinced. But JK nixed that. I have other predictions, but I'll wait until the last books come out to say if I was right. But I will say I think Harry will be at Hogwarts long after the books, if he survives.

As for who should be dating.whom. I always like Harry/Hermione, Ginny/Nevile, and Ron/Luna. Most people disagree, but meh.

Last edited by Earthquake923 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's you favorite book? Prisoner of Azkaban, unfortunately thats the last one I read. My girlfriend has all the series so far and I'm going with her to get the book at midnight. She's pretty obsessed for a 21 year old, don't you think?

Which is your favorite movie?Prisoner of Azkaban. The only think I felt was missing was why Harry saw the stag. That and the fact that his father helped make the map.

Why do you like the books? They are intriguing, I really should read the rest, I hear they're wonderful, but I can only allot so much time to reading as I have internet and Video gaming to do. Being retired/disabled isn't as easy as it looks you know.

What do you hate about them? Nothing so far. I wish they did more with the rivalry between Harry and Draco Malfoy.

Do you have a favorite character? Oh yeah. Who doesnt? I'd say Professor Lupin. I also like the Weasley twins, Fred and George. Always up to no good.

Do/Did you have any predictions? No, i try not to predict because I become disappointed when it doesn't happen. I take them as they come.

Who should be dating who? Well, Harry shouldn't be with anyone, because I don't want the series to end up a semi-romance. So Hermoine should hook up with Viktor Krum. (My girlfriend has told me all about the future books, so i know most of whats happened.) Ron, i dunno..

Snape and McGonnagal (sp?) would be a fun pair!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite book is currently The Prisoner of Azkaban. I just loved the plot twists. Very well written. The Order of the Pheonix was a close second. I loved the drama near the end. I won't share what I liked due to spoilers.

My favorite of the movies is also The Prisoner of Azkaban. I loved the flying scenes on Buckbeak and I totally fell in love with the Medieval-style music in some parts of the movie.

I like Harry Potter because I love imaginative fantasy. I think it is similar to The Chronicals of Narnia. I loved that series too.

This is hard to fill out, but I have a few complaints. I thought it was dumb how there was no Quidditch in The Goblet of Fire. I love that aspect of the story and that part just kinda made the story bad in my opinion.

I don't have A favorite character, but I have two that go hand in hand. I like none other than the Weasley twins themselves Fred and George. I love their antics. They are amusing characters and they seem to know a lot. Great characters really.

This may seem rediculous, but I think I have a prediction. I think that Albus Dumbledore is the true villain and maybe Lord Voldemort himself. Something about Dumbledore just makes me angry. I think he's evil. There are too many Merlin-ish wizard stereotypes out there. One of them has to be bad. Yeah, so I think Dumbledore is a bad guy.

Did they come true?

Doesn't apply.

This is not important to me.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Careful now, Earthquake923, if you're have posted your last question on an Harry Potter forum, this topic would already have over 200+ replies and be quite ugly. (Never have I seen such shipping wars as I have in Harry Potter fandom. *shvier*)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my personal favorite. I think it's decent written, with an interesting plot. I didn't see Cedric getting killed; that took me completely by surprise. And even though I was fairly "old" for the books by the time that one came out, I still found the graveyard scene to be undeniably creepy. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a close second, though. I like the basilisk & Tom.

I think they were all average. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was the best directed and had the best cinematography, but the plot was awful - I can't believe they left out all the information on the Mauraders, especially considering how important that is to Remus, Sirius, and Peter. They're going to be in troubl eif they think they're going to have room for that in the next movie. The other two were rather unimaginatively shot, but the plot was more decently served.

They're entertaining, quick reads that provide an enjoyable story. And it's nice to be able to discuss a book with most people, for once.

"JO NEEDS AN EDITOR," Sophita yelled obviously. "ONE THAT WOULD REALIZE THAT SPEECH NEED NOT BE CAPITALIZED TO DENOTE YELLING, AND WOULD STOP HER RAMPANT ADVERB OVERUSE AND CUT THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF, AS THE LATER BOOKS ARE MORE BLOATED THAN THEY SHOULD BE," she finished loudly.

Hermione, Snape, Neville, and Luna are my favorites. The others? Eh. The only one I really, really loathe is Sirius. Fortunately, he's dead now, so no worries. (Though I'm sure Harry with angst over him for several chapters.)

I predict Dumbledore will die in the next book, and the Half Blood Prince will turn out to be none of the current characters a'tall.

Did they come true?

We shall see...

Whoever they want. Personally, I think Mcgonagall and Snape should hook up! *laugh*

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. What's you favorite book?
I personally like Goblet of Fire the most because I'm always a sucker for tournaments. LoL. So I enjoyed it very much. In the book itself, I like the fact that there are numerous twists that I didn't see coming (such as Cedric's death). Order of Phoenix is a close second IMO because of the Weasley Twins brilliance. Screw you, froggy. LoL

2. Which is your favorite movie?
Hopefully the Goblet of Fire. LoL. Same reason as above, but out of the 3 that have been released, I think I like both the second and third quite equally. The second one was brilliant because of Ron's magnificent skill to make me laugh, while the third one is just a better movie as a whole.

3. Why do you like the books?
I don't really know why I like the books to be honest. At first I was just wondering what this Harry Potter that everyone was reading about. Then I guess I was just stuck by Harry's magic and just want to know what happens with them.

4. What do you hate about them?
I don't particularly hate anything. If any, I hate the "annoying characters" in the book (just like how I hate Kanaan in Suikoden I), but that only showed that it's a good story-telling skill.

5. Do you have a favorite character?
Yes, obviously the Weasley Twins. Woohoo.

6. Do/Did you have any predictions?
Well I only expected them to open up a joke shop. Didn't really expect it to happen *that* quick.

7. Did they come true?
Yes, Harry was the suggadaddy. LoL.

8. Who should be dating who?
Well I was hoping that Ron would get Fleur, but seems like he lost out on that. Poor Ron, maybe he'd get Hermione instead? I don't know. I'm happy with whoever ends up with who. =)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Molko

Kamikaze Penguins

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is your favorite book?
Its a tie, I love Prisoner of Azkaban and The Order Of The Pheonix.
PoA because of sirius and the plot was awesome. TOoTP because I loved Harry's new anger, it makes him more real.

Which is your favorite move?
The Prisoner Of Azkaban, it followed the book more (except the broom sceen). But I didnt like that Hogwarts had changed so much.

I dont know. I like the ideas, they make me think for some reason. I like the plot. I like the characters, they all have their own personalities and you get attached very quickly. They are easy for me to understand but still make me think.

Well there isnt much, except there are certain chapters that I read the first time but skip over when I read them again. They are pointless and boring, but sometimes are useful.

Luna, Neville, Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, George, and Fred.

Not so much a prediction as a hope, I hope Harry dies. I hate the "hero saves the day and everything is happy again" endings. They are too predictable.

Umm...I cant think of any particular couple I would like to see, I know I dont want Harry and Cho to ever get back together. And I dont want Hermione and Ron because everyone predicts that. Also the supposed coupling of Hermione and Draco is just plain stupid. But I agree with Sophita, McGonagall and Snape would be awesome. :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Goblet of Fire since it's the first I've read. It hooked me. Especially the return of Lord Voldemort.

None of them. I don't like them.......

I take pleasure out of reading them.

THe hero saves them all theme. How can a scarred boy duel and fight Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort himself?

Yessssssssss........ Peeves! and Moody! Imagine what you could do with that crystal eyeball of his.............

I predict the Headmaster Dumbledore will die or at least be injured. Or maybe Minerva Mcgonagall will be killed.....

Did they come true?
No but my prediction on Minerva was near.... She at least got injured........

I think Malfoy likes Hermione, that's why he's bugging her without any good reason at all.... to catch her attention in erm,... a not so good way....

The Death Eaters shall conquer all!

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
exhale

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite book's changed like 3 times. First I liked the first one then the third, now my favorite is the fifth. Pretty much because I just finished reading it for the second time.

My favorite movie is The Prisoner of Azkaban. I hate the second one and the first I've watched to many times to find enjoyable anymore.

I've always like fantasy, and Harry Potter has a unique premise.

They're over-commercialized. I don't mind the movies and the candy, but collecting cards? dolls? fake wands? It's just a little too much.

I heart Dumbledore, Fred, George, and Lupin for life! Haha, but really they're my favorite and if JKR kills any of them off she's going to have a VERY unhappy ex-fan on her hands. *glares*

Ok my brother thinks I'm crazy, but I swear in the 5th book there may be an alternate reason to Harry's constant angst. He's studying for potions one night and he reads about a potion or plant or something that makes wizards prone to hot-headedness and recklessness. It could be the source! You all think I'm crazy, but it's possible if not probable.

Did they come true?

We'll see. Haha.

I'd rather no one dated. Ok that's not all together true. I wouldn't mind Hermione ending up with Viktor.
Walawala

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Favorite Book, would be the original.
Favorite movie, again the original. I think the third one sucked. I woun't go into why, it would take too long.
I like the books because they are good.
What do I hate. The fact it takes so long between books.
Predictions, I read the Snape half-vampire thing on Mugglenet, and it seems very possible. For a real prediction I think Hagrid might be the half blood prince. Being half gaint, and half wizard.
Well see if it comes true.
I think the Draco/Hermoine/Harry was nixed already. Although a good one.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'll post a prediction for the next book. But I'll put it in black incase I am right, this way I will not spoil anything for anyone, but if you want to read it hold the left button on your mouse down and scroll down alittle.
Lupin will die at the "hand" of Wromtail. Why do I think this. Well Wormtail was given a silver hand by Voldy, and Lupin is a werewolf. Silver kills werewolves.
Part of me hopes I am correct. I like to be correct. But I'ld hate to see that happen to a pretty cool character.
Molko

Kamikaze Penguins

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh, I never thought of that. That is quite possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Harry Potter Series. That said...

***Spoiler Ahoy***

To me, most of the time, the books just keep getting better and better, and subsequently, longer and longer. Though I think I may have liked Prisoner of Azkaban a little better than the Goblet of Fire. My favorite though, is Order of the Phoenix, a lot of the reason is that duel between Dumbledore and Volemort. That was, as my friend would say, awesomelicious.

I don't like the movies quite as much as I like the books. Mainly because I do not like the casting in the motion pictures. Particularly Harry. Though the kid looks a lot like I pictured Harry, acting like him is another story. I just don't get the same feel for that kid that I did for Harry in the first three. This is true for most every character, just not that heavy of an extreme. Besides Snape, Mcgonagall and Hagrid. My favorite movie though follows the same pattern as my favorite books, the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I like the books because of the characters. They really make me feel for them, which the movies however, do not particularly do, perhaps because they are different from the books and I'm used to the books. I really feel for the characters, which makes what they do heavily interesting to me. That's how a writer should be able to write, and Rowling does that perfectly.

There are several things I do not like about the books. The heavy cliches for instance, sometimes get to me. Also sometimes the plot can be overly cheesy, though that doesn't usually get to me that much, deep down, I love the cheesy stuff. Most of the things I don't like about the books are not really the big or that negative, just tiny things I see and cringe, but still love the book.

That's much too hard to pick. I have several favorites, but most of them are professors. The only student I absolutely loved is Oliver Wood, the Irish Quidditch captain, though I liked Fred and Geoge a good bit. My favorite teachers are Dumbledore, because he's so wise and funny. I love Hagrid too. The only minor teacher I really liked was that centaur who taught Divination after the other professor was forced out.

I thought Sirius Black would die in the fifth book. Harry's life couldn't be that easy. Also, I think Snape might be a vampire. Dumbledore will probably also be dying soon and I think Neville and Harry are going to help each other defeat Voldemort. Percy will probably become the Minster of Magic and Harry will eventually fight Malfoy and probably either kill him or imprison him.

Did they come true?

I was right about Sirius dying but the others are pending.

I think Harry should actually be dating Hermione, instead of Ron. It fits better with how his father did things. He dated a "mug-blood" who was one of the most intelligent witches of her age, which is exactly what Hermione is. Though the chemistry between Ron and Hermione is certainly there, I think it would be better if she was with Harry.

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Molko wrote:
Huh, I never thought of that. That is quite possible.

Rowling has a way of making you go"Oh yeah, that's right that did happen, so this could happen, etc.." She's pretty evil like that. :D
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:

Lupin will die at the "hand" of Wromtail. Why do I think this. Well Wormtail was given a silver hand by Voldy, and Lupin is a werewolf. Silver kills werewolves.

(Like you, putting my reply in black.)

Ever since I saw Peter/Wormtail get that silver hand I knew Remus was a goner, but I'd actually forgotten about that since there was no callback to it in OotP. I think Lupin and Wormtail will actually take each other out, personally; Lupin'll kill Peter just as Peter kills Lupin.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's you favorite book? Goblet of Fire. It had probably my favorite plot thus far and was one of the best reads of them.
Which is your favorite movie? Prisoner of Azkaban. It's my favorite of the books with movies, thus far.
Why do you like the books? They're fun and nice reads, basically. And, it's a nice world, really. Simple, too, which is different for me and a nice change of the usual pace.
What do you hate about them? Certain characters and the state of romance in them.
Do you have a favorite character? Not really. Hermione, Lupin, and Dumbledore pretty much tie thus far.
Do/Did you have any predictions? I'm refraining from them as much as I can.
Did they come true? Sadly, when I couldn't help it and did make predictions, they came true.
Who should be dating who? I agree with the Harry and Hermione, for the same reasons as Brect0

And, I really like the Earthquake and Sophita predictions. I thought I was the only person to notice and think of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: