Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rune placements on the body
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
but also more than one rune in what the game considers a single slot.

I think it's sort of proven with Luc's case that in Suikoden II he didn't have his True Wind Rune anywhere in-game but from storyline purpose he could use his True Wind Rune against Sasarai's unit.

I guess in the end, the point is that you cannot mix in-game and storyline purpose.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queen isn't mistaken. I've witnessed Sarah cast a Pale Gate spell as well. I think she used the same method as she did in using the Heavenly Drops spell from the True Water Rune, like you said, using the "odd Sindarin sphere thing" in order to conjure up the rune's powers.

Black Pesmerga wrote:
I guess in the end, the point is that you cannot mix in-game and storyline purpose.

Yeah. I think this is one thing we can all agree on.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Sarah has cast Pale Gate spells on me on many occassions. So, Sophita is not mistaken. I think we have irrefutable evidence that a rune can be placed and properly used without being attached to the designated slots given to us for game purposes.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I think I have a game save close the the begining of Luc's PoV. Maybe I can see if she has the Pale Gate Rune there or not - I could have sworn she had one, and not attached to her forehead. But it's been so long since I played S3, maybe I'm getting her confused with someone else (Luc?).

However, I swear I rememberher casting Pale Gate magic, not only at the end of the game but in the earlier battles as well. And if she's getting it from that Harmonian rune latern holder, that does bear the question of where she got it. As far as we've seen, that holding technique is only used on true runes. Luc and Sarah never took Leknaat's rune (the only other summoner's rune) and Pale Gate/Blue Gate is rare but not a true rune, so where would they get the power to summon things from? If they found Windy's half of the Gate rune, wouldn't that have come up beforehand?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc has also cast a Pale Gate spell, as well, but we know he has a Pale Gate Rune permanently attached to his head. I'm pretty sure that Sarah has a Flowing Rune attached to her head, but it would be good to check. I'm not sure if the staff she uses has any runes attached to it, but I believe that true sorcery can use summoning absent a summoning rune much like teleportation, but the fact that there was a Pale Gate animation when she cast the sell shows that she should have a Pale Gate Rune somewhere on her body.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think both Luc and Sarah learned true sorcery summoning techniques from Leknaat. This was obviously suplemented by a Pale Gate Rune in Luc's case. If Sarah had one as well, regardless of whether she had one in Luc's POV - the simple fact that she cast the spell is enough - and if she had her Flowing Rune on her forehead, as some of you have said, than that, alone, is proof that one can have multiple runes in the same "slot," meaning that slots have no in-story significance and are merely game mechanics to simplify the Rune system. Period.

That's a lot of ifs, but these are ifs that can be proven. I'm going to take the fact that several of you saw her use Pale Gate magic as evidence. Unfortunately I'm a touch too powerful for Sarah of late, so unless she uses it in my final battle between Chris' Knights and her at the Ceremonial Site [*does yet another dance for how cool it is that that's now on the battle map*], I probably won't see it with my own eyes. My most recent battle with her, where she helped Luc steal True Lightning, she was unconscious before she could do anything, as was Luc.

Thankfully, since I'm almost done with the game, and I've already recruited every optional character, I'll be able to unlock Luc's POV and look at Sarah very soon, to confirm the location of her Flowing Rune.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Harukaze are you sure the map has been update, I cannot see your new region)

Sarah permanently has the Flowing Rune on her forhead but has an S (I think) in the Pale Gate skill.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually no, it hasn't been updated; you can just see that we have that territory from the description of the exploration report. By "on the map" I merely meant that it now existed in the Suikox world, even if the map hasn't technically updated yet.

Anyway, since it looks like we have confirmation that Sarah has two runes on her forehead, can we finally lay this to rest and say that rune slots are a mere in-game mechanical contrivance and have no effect on story whatsoever?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Anyway, since it looks like we have confirmation that Sarah has two runes on her forehead, can we finally lay this to rest and say that rune slots are a mere in-game mechanical contrivance and have no effect on story whatsoever?

I thought it has been concluded since I mentioned Luc's True Wind Rune case in Suikoden II? x_x

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
Harukaze wrote:

I thought it has been concluded since I mentioned Luc's True Wind Rune case in Suikoden II? x_x

Ah yes, sorry, I did miss that. Well then, looks like we've double the proof then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: