Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Strange dates, error in profile, receiving potch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Strange dates, error in profile, receiving potch Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed the dates and times have appeared in a rather strange code... It should be fixed.

Also, while I was updating my profile earlier, much of my previously added information were placed in the wrong areas, like regiment name in the signature, with my old signature dissappearing completely!!

Finally, it appears that soldiers no longer join me, but only potch is given. I am not sure if this is an error...
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I've also noticed that I only receive potch per post and no longer receive soldiers, as well. Has the original algorithims been altered, where no one accrues soldiers now? Or is this an isolated incident?

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a change in the system. We've been talking about it for days. Huge threads on the subject. Arguments, tears, administritive smackdowns, the works.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thread is locked, but you can read it here.

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To make a long story short, the only way you gain soldiers now are:

1. Distribution by your nation leader. This is often temporary.
2. Exchange potch for soldiers.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, I thought you still gained soldiers through having threads which people reply to. Wasn't that discussed on the previous thread? I'd ask there [since this isn't an "error" at all], but the thread's locked and I can't >.<
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was changed because that was the issue of complaint. People were afraid it would encourage spamming to grab soldiers and other stuff, so the idea was taken out.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i write pointless text and rambling sentences even though i am more than capable of writing clearly.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I decided if people are happy with gaining less soldiers, hell, sure why not!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get it... If people were attempting to spam, this method would not stop it either... People can still spam and take the potch then change to soldiers, so how does this method solve the problem??
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spammers get banned, end of story.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The original proposal was for the potch and soldier settings to be switched, thus people would gain soldiers through replies to threads they created. There were concerns that, since soldier strength is an important factor in the war games, members of nation-x wouldn't want to post in threads started by a member of nation-y since it would essentially generating soldiers for nation-y.

Under the new system, potch can be exchanged into soldiers and the amount of potch a member can earn per post is equivalent to how many soldiers could be earned under the old system so, really, only the name has changed. But while potch can be exchanged into soldiers, soldiers cannot be exchanged into potch. It doesn't make much difference right now, but should all of the services which are currently paid for with soldiers be switched over to potch exclusively, a member would have to think twice about whether to exchange potch for soldiers.

For example:
An Immigration Permit costs 10,000 soldiers, but with the exchange rate it would cost 1,000,000 potch.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok... now I got it...

Thanks
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, you physically couldn't spam enough to get enough potch to make a decent enough exchange into soldiers.

For example, Jeremy's potch count right now is 54489. If he converted all that into soldiers, he'd have only 544.89 soldiers, which isn't exactly a lot. They'd be banned way before anyone could spam enough to make 50000 potch.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for the earlier confusion, clearly I missed the part where soldier gain for topics was eliminated.

Also, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but Jeremy, you say that one can earn the same number of soldiers per post as you could, going by the conversion rate. That's right only by technicality; the old max was 200 soldiers and the new max is 20,000 potch, but it takes -far- more text in order to hit the 20,000 potch mark for a post. Is this the intended effect? If it is, I don't mind, I just want to be certain that that was what the admin wanted.

Actually I kinda hope it is; it'll be harder for me to "waste" potch this way. I've had I don't know how many posts hit the 200 soldier mark, but it'll be damn near impossible for me to hit 20,000 potch now. Less waste == happier Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: