Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PhpBB Help, General Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: PhpBB Help, General Error Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will state this before I start: I know NOTHING about php in any form. It is a mystery to me. It goes over my head. It might as well be in Russian for all I can understand it.

That said, I've recently got me a board and decided to add the phpbb.com cash add-on. Simple enough, I assume, for the most basic idiot. But not simple enough for me. Anyway, now I've got this error report coming up in my Administrator Panel.

Quote:
General Error
Error retrieving cash data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'coolbeans.phpbb_cash' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_cash ORDER BY cash_order ASC

Line : 657
File : functions_cash.php

I don't know what it means besides the most basic of things, that I need to fiddle around with what the files say. But that is it. Beyond that, I'm hopeless.

If anyone can explain what to do, on a level so low you may want to dig a hole to sit in before typing, I'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The error is caused because your mySQL database doesn't have the database "coolbeans.phpbb_cash."

Likely what happened is that the database updating script that comes with the "Cash MOD" didn't fully function (or you didn't use it).

You can get into mySQL and manually create that database.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks SARSadmin, I'd donate a reward to you but you're in no need of a pitance of a few soldiers. :P

However, another error as cropped up. Independant from the first so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. (Not neccessarily SARSadmin. I dare say that he gets more than enough "help, my forum is broke" requests by virtue of the fact that he runs this great big thing. Anyway, the task at hand!

Quote:
Parse error: parse error in functions_post.php on line 359

Obviously, I removed the rest of the html in the above quote, leaving just the functions_post.php part.

Quote:
$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">';
$message = $lang['Stored'] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_view_message'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">', '</a>') . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_forum'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . '">', '</a>');

Bolded in the quote above is the area of code I have concluded personally is the problem. Don't take my word for it however, I'm running on empty here, I'd just what I've personally felt is the problem.

So, any and help gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance, everyone who will no doubt help.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A parse error means that you either have an extra semicolon or a parenthesis (on lile 359 in this case).
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or mismatched quotes, which is common when working with text strings in PHP.

The block of code you have there isn't written to be very programmer friendly (that certainly isn't your fault). You might want to split it up a little. You also probably want to use a text editor that supports colour-highlighting of PHP code, that might help in debugging syntax errors.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything is coming along ship-shape so I'd like to thank both of you for all your help so far.

However, I have one final question. Thankfully, this one is unrelated to coding as far as I know, though knowing me, it probably will end up requiring some in the end.

Anyway, currently, my forum index is also the index of my site. The equivilent of typing in suikox.com to get to the forum, I suppose. Of course, that's bad mojo, I don't want that. So how do I change my forum index to something besides my websites default index? If you catch my drift.

If I can get this one final thing answered then I'll be pretty much done, so, hopefully, I'll be getting a reply fairly soon. Thanks in advance, seeing as I can predict who's going to reply. :P
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The easiest thing is to put the forum stuff in a subdirectory inside your HTTP documents folder.

So move all of the phpBB2 files to a subdirectory like "forum".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: