Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

PS3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would you like sony to add on the PS3. For example I would like to see more storage space and more cd space on the games.

Last edited by zincbrain on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would I like? Isn't that a little... broad?

I'd like it to magically turn my cheap 480i TV into one that supports 1080p, make me toast, and pleasure me sexually. Will it? You tell me.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what i would like to see in any of your future threads/posts *including a retroactive expansion on THIS subject* is more depth that will spawn, dare i say it...actual discussion.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edit: Wrong, Kraw-- only we get to do that.

-Leb

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does look nice. From what I heard it will not play ps1, or ps2 games. If this is the case I am very upset. I think Sony is getting alittle too greedy.
Euram Barows

Gizel Godwin Fanclub

131074 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 is good but I have felings that X-Box 360 will win :twisted:
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923, I don't know where you heard about the PS3, but it was a faulty source. The PS3 will be fully backwards compatable.

Cobalt, I have absolutely no faith in the 360 that it will even be a contender when the PS3 comes out. Oh sure, the 360 will have had about a year in on the market, which was about the same timing difference when the XB came out and even given the XB be a slightly better system spec-wise than the PS2, the PS2 still owned the lion's share of the market. Which is why MS pushed the release of the 360, as they think it will give them more of a foothold to stand on. BUT! the bigwigs at MS don't quite understand that it isn't the system that drives the market: it's the games. Honestly, besides Halo and Ninja Gaiden, what other games for the X-box are actually worth owning? (and in Halo's case, I use the term loosely.) What other games came out for the XB that changed the market? I honestly can't think of any, other than the supposed release date of Halo 3 coming out the same day the PS3 launches. (*blatant sarcasm* Ooh, that'll show 'em, Bill. :roll: )

Now for Sony, they already had the phenominal library of the Playstation games along with the growing library of PS2 games, many of which changed the way that videogames were treated in previous generations. Games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Ico, the Final Fantasy series, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga, the Devil May Cry trilogy, the Resident Evil series, and of course, the Suikoden series: All of these games gave shape, form, and direction to the current market, and all of them are great games that nearly any hardcore gamer should have, or at least, play.

And, as a side note, the PS3 will be better in nearly every way spec wise than the 360, so the XB fanboys won't even have that to hold against Sony and hell, even Nintendo fanboys. Let's face it, MS is pushing the 360 way before it should be released. they haven't even fully mapped out the capabilities of it's current system, and now they want to make a new one?! please. :roll:

Having said that, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Woo! Go Project Revolution! :mrgreen:

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft became "King of the Consoles" in this coming console generation.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Microsoft became "King of the Consoles" in this coming console generation.

What? Microsoft- "KING OF CONSOLES"? You've gotta be kidding! The PS3 shall outsell ALL! Look at it! It is compatible with CD, DVD, and of the Blu-Ray disc, therefore enabling it to play games from the playstations of previous generations! Don't forget the cell chip! PS3 has sleek design, meanwhile the 360's design is not that creative. And the graphics are great.

Raze wrote:
Now for Sony, they already had the phenominal library of the Playstation games along with the growing library of PS2 games, many of which changed the way that videogames were treated in previous generations. Games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Ico, the Final Fantasy series, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga, the Devil May Cry trilogy, the Resident Evil series, and of course, the Suikoden series: All of these games gave shape, form, and direction to the current market, and all of them are great games that nearly any hardcore gamer should have, or at least, play.

Don't forget that joining the party for PS3, are DMC4, Tekken, Mobile Suit Gundam, and other great games. Meanwhile, the 360's games aren't that good/supportive as starting games. PS3 will take the lead. Meanwhile, since the Revolution is still shrouded in heavy fog, a comparison can't be made yet. Besides, Nintendo is only good at portable games. I can tell that the Revolution won't win against the PS3. But against the XBOX 360, it has a possibillity. Nintendo and Microsoft fanpeople betterBEWARE of the PS3.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
What? Microsoft- "KING OF CONSOLES"? You've gotta be kidding! The PS3 shall outsell ALL! Look at it! It is compatible with CD...

Xbox and 360 have it.

Quote:
...DVD...

Same.

Quote:
Blu-Ray

Untested media that can very well fall flat on its face, forcing people to pay about $150 more than they should. Heard of Betamax? Mini-Disc? Both were Sony-backed, and were both smaller and had higher data capacity than its competitors (the VHS and the Compact-Disc, respectively). Guess what happened to them.

Quote:
therefore enabling it to play games from the playstations of previous generations!

Backwards compatability? 360 has it.

Quote:
Don't forget the cell chip!

You mean that overheating piece of dreck that will guarantee that the PS3 will not be safe to play with over 85 degrees, can not be fully utilized by developers (one, because all of that power is overkill, and two, some of the micro-processors will be locked by Sony), and just tacks on another $100? Oh, believe me, I have not forgotten.

Quote:
PS3 has sleek design, meanwhile the 360's design is not that creative.

A concave design and customizable shell is far more unique to a console. Not to mention Sony stole the Spider-Man font for the logo.

Quote:
And the graphics are great.

Saaaame with the 360.

Quote:
Nintendo and Microsoft fanpeople betterBEWARE of the PS3.

And Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft fanpeople better beware of you. Calm yourself.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As a PlayStation gamer, I do want the PS3 to be the leader of the upcoming generation of consoles. I am still a supporter of Nintendo, so I want Revolution to do well, but I deteste Microsoft.

Is it possible Microsoft could be the kingpin of the nextgen console wars? Yeah, anything's possible. They say money talks and, should enough big name development houses succumb to the dark side, Microsoft could find itself in a very powerful position. I wonder about the logic of Microsoft's marketing geniuses, though... as they opted against calling the console XBOX 2 because it sounded "too old" but XBOX 360 doesn't?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm strickly a sony kinda guy... Microsoft should stick to computers...... besides, did we not forget who made the x-box? bill gates and...... The Rock.. thats right folks a pro wreastler helped make the x-box.... granted a guy in tights didn't do to bad but I have no intrest in any of the games that come out for x-box and I doubt I would for 360 either.... now for the revolution... the title kinda says it all.. thats what they need after letting the game cube out... I liked the game cube tho.. so don't think I'm bashing it cuz they came out with kid games for it but honestly who dosn't like mario party hehehe.... so they way I see it and I'm not going to point out my why I think this and that.... for the next generation of gameing I'ma rate PS3 on top with the revolution following and last but not lest but still behind the PsP is the 360.... thank you thank you I'll be here all week try the killbosa :mrgreen:
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the pictures of the PS3, and my only complaint is the controllers look like bananas, and look sort of difficult to use. Also, does anyone know if you have to have a high definition television to run a PS3 or Xbox 360?

As for the whole "King of Consoles" thing is concerned, the Playstation 3, I feel, will hardly feel Xbox do anything to their huge sales. As a man I know once said "Xbox has two positions, Halo and off." There is very little going the Xbox's way as far as future games besides the Halo series, whereas the PS3 has a lot of promising titles for the average gamer. The only trouble I see for Sony is the sales of sports games. EA, which now has exclusive rights over the NFL, tends to sell more games working through Xbox and I expect this trend to continue. The Xbox 360 will in no way fail, but I believe the PS3 will simply outsell it.

I could care less which way it goes, both are large corporations I care little about. I'm just waiting for Nintendo to die and start making games for one of them. Though that's not likely to happen in this generation since they have such high sales in Japan...

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, what a coincidence! I'm waiting for Sony and Microsoft to sell their gaming assets to Nintendo.

I have a feeling I'll be waiting a lot longer than you, though.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't hate Nintendo per se, though they have a lot of series I truly abhor. And I expect they will die out if in the generation after the next one, their sales of handhelds start to wane in Japan, I think the PSP is beating the DS sales in the States, though I'm pretty postitive the opposite is true in Japan...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: