Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scarlet Moon Banner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Scarlet Moon Banner Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I justs started a new game of S1 today and when I was fighting inside Grady's mansion I just had to stop and take a second look at the red banner on the walls. I assume that is the banner of the Scarlet Moon Empire, but what it that thing supposed to be? It is some kind of bird? Some kind of lizard? I know it looks like it's wearing a crown, but with the low-res TV in my room, I can;t for the life of me make out what it is supposed to be a picture of!

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume you mean this?

It does appear to be a bird of some sort, perhaps a phoenix. And it does seem to have a crown upon its head, it doesn't really look like plumage or anything else that could possibly be atop such a creatures head.

As for its releveance and importance, well, there's not much else to say really. It doesn't seem to have any 'ties' to the Scarlet Moon Empire but as a regal-looking bird, may simply symbolise the power and majesty of the crown and the Emperor.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's funny, but that graphic comes out 100% clearer than it does on my TV! Thanks.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

even though they are somtimes 'evil creatures" maybe its a cocatrice? but it could be a phoneix with a crest or crown, or a heron with a crown. I tryed zooming in on it but couldn't see anything that can give answers to what it is.

it could just be "this is symbolism ok...?" like if you design a castle and its from a evil kingdom, the flag would have a nasty dragon on it, or monster bull, but the good guys will have griffens or a lion, or crowned eagle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's a chicken with a long neck
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What got me to thinking is why would the Scarlet Moon Empire have something cool that looks like a phoenix and the Liberation Army had something that looked like a flower, or a crossbow of some sorts. I'd thought that they would've had something that looked cooler. But as for this, I think that was a phoenix, or another mythical bird that resembles that.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always been somewhat intrigued by that but usually just dismissed it as a bird of any number of different sorts. Upon closer inspection of the image I could see how it could be said to be something of a pheonix or even cockatrix. Then again for all we know it could have been made to be some sort of Japanese bird we arent familiar with.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm the only one that thinks is a rooster...

Well it has majesty...

And the crown to go with it...
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks somewhat like a heron, to me. Though I can see it as phoenix or cockatrice as well.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kekoa Alejandro

Reina Mia's Might

189444 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with it being a heron is that herons have long legs in addition to their long necks. That sort of crown isn't what you generally see on herons and egrets anyhow - no, I'd say that it's either a cockatrice or a phoenix. The cockatrice isn't likely to be used as a symbol from a western perspective, since it's a wholly destructive beast - and not even an admirable sort of destruction. You can respect a great dragon for its mighty sinews and noble bearing, but a cockatrice is a scrawny, lizardy little rooster thing that kills with a glance and poison so potent it converts all it walks to wasteland. Not an admirable or likable beast by any stretch of the imagination, but the Japanese have been known to mangle western symbolism on many an occasion, so it might be a cockatrice anyhow. I imagine the phoenix is a more likely candidate, though.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that is a phoenix because of the fact that they used red and yellow to paint it. THey used that colors to make us remember about fire, and then remember about a bird that have a connection with fire, and then remember the name of this bird: Phoenix.

Or they just got this in RPG Maker and put there.

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mystic wrote:
What got me to thinking is why would the Scarlet Moon Empire have something cool that looks like a phoenix and the Liberation Army had something that looked like a flower, or a crossbow of some sorts.

Because we're the Scarlet Moon Empire and we can do whatever we want! *insidious laughter*

*coughs* I don't know, perhaps the late emperor is quite taken to birds? ¬.¬;

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wll think of the most obvious. It's a crown. (I remembered hearing that birds by the name of crowns exists, or is it only in one of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards?)
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's clearly a mutated Dove. After years of exposure to Barbarossa's wird flowers in his garden the Dove took the next step of evolution, they became:

Mesmerizing Rabid Fire Engulfed Doves

Gotta quit the coffe, it's killing me...
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think it just looks like a stylized dragon...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: