Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Xeno Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears Perfect Work has been completely translated by a website. I can't remember the URL, but much of the book has been completely translated for anyone's viewing pleasure. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that here already, but I wouldn't by the text if you can already get the information for free especially if you do not understand Japanese.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not too hard to find the translation online, either. However, I personally think there's a lot to be said of owning the actual Perfect Works. From a collecting or fan stand-point..... I WANT IT!!!!!!!
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally believe the difference between owning the book and having it on CD or on your harddrive is much the same difference between digital and analog. I'll explain. With analog, it's all about feeling and a warm, low experience, whereas digital is information in it's base form. I personally would rather own the book, because when I hold a book, I can feel the weight of knowledge in my hands. It is something physical and there's just this feeling of...power, i guess, when you pick a heavy book up.

...that, and I can look at the book during other times when I can't get on my computer. ¬.¬;

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally would of course personally prefer to own the book, and such but I am not afforded that luxury nor are a fairly large number of people. I personally wish that someone knew the website where this has been completely translated, because sorting through the myriad of websites to find that single one will be annoying. I would really appreciate if anyone knows where I can find it would let me know, but I wont blame anyone if they dont.

As far as the feeling of knowledge, and such within your grasp it doesnt really matter what the book is about. Books tend to go into a lot more detail than any movie, or game, as can be seen in the case of Jurrasic Park. The book itself was far better than the movie, not to mention a heck of a lot more detail was included in it. In fact I personally own a copy of Jurassic Park, and read it not too long ago for a second time.

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only played Xenogears so far and only plan to play that one out of the Xeno series. I heard the other ones don't compare to Xenogears. That game was so great I wished it would have never ended. A good storyline and them cool robots (forgot their name). How could you hate this game?
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know. It is definately a brilliant game that I would love to see get a sequel in the future. Doubtful but I still won't accept Xenosaga as anything to do with it.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After some web searching I finally found this website:Here!. It has Perfect Works translated for you. This is another site with good information. I don't know if this one has been posted before, though.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: