Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which Messenging Service do you use?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Messenging Service do you use?
AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
MSN (MSN Instant Messenger)
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
YIM (Yahoo Instant Messenger)
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jabber
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Integrity Messenger (what is this?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

WIND

Tempest

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MSN, it's fun and everyone i know is on it. well except a few friends who are on AOL...p.s. they're not friends anymore because of that, lol J/K.

MSN is cool. The new version is pretty rad, except that nudge thing, pisses the hell out of me when i'm sleeping and it goes of, grrr. But the drawing feature is awesome(good for drawing obscene things and sending em' to your friends)
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use AOL Instant Messenger because it's all I know and all my friends use it.

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, looked up Integrity Messenger since I had some free time (although, truthfully, it didn't take more than 2 minutes to find it via Google), and it seems that Integrity Messenger seems to be another one of those all-in-one IM clients.

There's also something on the front page that says that it can be used for websites, although I'm not too clear on that.

If you want to have a look at it, here it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have AIM YIM and MSN. i like MSN better, because, well, people talk, and it looks pretty! i went through the evolution since 98/99.

irc --->ICQ--->YIM/AIM--->MSN

i only ever use AIM and MSN.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm not much into this things, a guy put me up to use MSN so we could communicate better, now I use it a little here a little there a little more lately thanks to a certain someone, I don't add contacts unless they add me a rule.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have msn, but may consider Trellian...if somone can tell me more about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
I have msn, but may consider Trellian...if somone can tell me more about it.

Trillian is just like Gaim and Integrity Messenger (refer to my above post), as it allows you to log onto MSN, AIM, IRC, Yahoo!Messenger and ICQ all at the same time. It has most of the basic features that you will use when IMing- emoticons, for instance. However, the special features that come with each IM client is not included- for example, the drawing thingamajig that comes bundled with MSN messenger, and also custom smilies. In short, you have mostly whatever you need for IMing, just don't expect anything extra in the free version. However, if you opt to go for the Trillian Pro version, you get extra plug-ins and stuff.

You can also download skins for Trillian- they're available at many places- the Cerulean Studios' forums (Cerulean Studios is the the name of the group that made Trillian), or even Deviantart. It's absolutely free.

Oh, and Trillian's file transfer is a little faulty on my computer, but I'm not entirely sure if that's my fault or the software's. Perhaps it would be best if you ask around more before downloading it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mostly use Y!IM but I also have MSN and AIM. I like MSN but I don't talk to a lot of people on there. And for some reason I just can't stand AIM at all and I feel as though I should just delete it off of my pc.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only ones I use and know of are the MSN and Yahoo messenger, and I have to say I'm not always there in either one, not really since everyone I know are not there until I get to sleep, really sucks being in a different time zone.

Anyway, I think I prefer MSN more for two reasons, one, everyone I know are consonantally on there, two, I mainly use Yahoo for Arabic since I don't like to switch between Arabic to English every time I use the messenger, besides, the majority of my English speakers friends are on there, that's why.

As for how many people I have in any, well, let's just say few and much, I really don't like to add people or even delete any unwanted people who add me or I added and don't want to talk to anymore, I feel really bad doing anything like that.

I have to say that most of the people I ever talk to I only known from the internet, meaning only one or two from real life, simply because I don't need to talk to these people in this way, I think that's why cell phones are sold in here, if I could talk to my internet friends by phones then I would long ago ditched messengers.

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AIM and AIM only because everyone I know uses that. Then when I play an online game i use the messenging service that is in the game. :mrgreen:
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use AIM because it's the only one I know of with a web client. But I don't come on too much - it's hard for me to concentrate on web browsing and messaging at the same time, so I try to keep them mostly seperate. I'm usually only on in the very early mornings/very late afternoons right now. ^^;

I like to talk to most people, provided they can carry a conversation. The only thing that really gets on my nerves is when conversation is just "yeah" and "nah" and not much else. :/

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use MSN messanger because its cool and all my friends use it.I love its features and i think its the best although i dont know much about the others *laugh*. :D

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use MSN and Y!M but mostly I use Y!M because most of my friends use it and beside that I love the Yahoo Avatar feature where I can mix hairstyle, clothes, and so on.

As For MSN, I need to update it so many times and I hate to doing it while in slow connection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MSN is the most commonly used here what with all the winks and stuff... nobody knows what ICQ exactly is here... a few people use AIM and few people know about the new google IM... and as for others such as yahoo IM and such few people use anyway.... so like mobile phones go with the same network or whatever as everyone else to have the same efatures and such enabled... i have one contact that uses trilian though... :?

MSN is alright... but it has this thing about automatically signing you out sometimes... :? and sometimes it won't let you sign on for... no apparent reason... strange no?... i got the MSN 7.5 version... with very few bug fixes and upgrades... why send voive clips when you can just chat using microphones and such?.. what's the point of such a feature?... :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: