Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Cosplay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i ever cosplay which probably wont happen i would be Albert because i just love that coat he has. Or Yuber because i like the all Black look with the hat and the two swords.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shirt Guy Dom of MegaTokyo fame [even if he stole his name from Shirt Guy Tom of Sluggy Freelance fame] did a rather good job cosplaying Yuber a few months ago. Dunno if the picture is still anywhere to be found.

Huh. Now there'd be someone cool to rope into joining the forum. *plots*

I'm not one for cosplaying myself [costs too much to make a good costume, and I wouldn't want to do it halfassed], but I applaud anyone who has the fortitude to stick out creating a good costume and having the courage to get up and show it off to everyone.
Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My younger sister and I were Luc and Sasarai, respectively, in their Suikoden II costumes two years ago for Anime Expo (A really good costume, but not great pictures- http://www.geocities.com/shinkansho_sasarai/sasa_luc_expo2003) and last year I was Yun. (http://www.geocities.com/shinkansho_sasarai/yun_kaiba.jpg)
I've loved costumes and sewing for many years, so I really enjoying cosplaying. When someone recognizes me, I get really excited.
I'm starting to think about who to dress up as this year, since making a final decision last year one week before I went was a real pain, but I don't know...

Grasslands National Banana Appreciation Month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dressed as McDohl for I-CON in New york. It was pretty awesome, I'll have pics soon. My favorite part had to be the Suikoden fangirls hitting on me, I got like ten half-glomps in two days. I even got a bunch of guys to run down a flight of stairs screaming at me. They were like "DUDE DUDE DUDE ARE YOU MCDOHL?!? GOD BLESS YOU DUDE! DUDE YOU HAVE TO GET JOWY AND RIOU DOWN HERE THE THREE OF YOU NEED TO BE TOGETHER!" It was rather amusing.

Unforunately people are dumb, I was mistaken for Kilik, Link, and Ogre from I think Ogre battle.

I still can't get over people thinking that I was Link.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aett

Veluan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Suzume, those are really great costumes!

I'd love to cosplay as a Suikoden character sometime soon, maybe at AX this year if I'm able to make it. However, I'd really like to do a more obscure character, one that only a Suikoden fan would recognize. Time to start planning, I guess...
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the last time I posted here, I maade a new Suikoden costume! ^_^ I cosplay as Nanami! Here are some pics...(First one is kind of a spoiler if you don't know what happens to her in the game. ^_~)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=445021
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=445398
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=448612

And just because, if you scroll down on this page, the middle photo of the last row, you'll see me and my friend as Hai Yo!!!

http://www.lelola.net/misc/cnanime2005/saturdaycosplay2.shtml
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh this topic is interesting ^^
I hit anime north 05 in May, cosplaying as a character from Naruto. For 06 however I think I'll make it to a small con in the Maritimes (I'm in Canada) and then I'm heading to anime north again. I'm doing a suikoden costume of Lo Wen from Suikoden 2 this year :) If anyone else is going to be making it to Anime North 06 let me know, I'd love to meet up for photo shoots.

I'm a fashion/costume student, so cosplay is only natural for me. I like to do things professionally. I can draft and manipulate my own patterns, so I can basically make anything I want to, I can always find a way to get it together lol. I'm doing some work on my own to be able to make custom gloves and boots (especially boots) since so many characters have such unqiue boots it's hard to get what you want unless you can make them. I'm a perfectionist so I like to make things as close to the original as possible. I also work with sheet metal for some armor pieces.. I've done basic metal work, chain mail and such things as well. For people trying to make armor, I believe it was asked some point either, if you don't like the metal concept, craft foam can work.. you just need pratice, and then you need to be able to paint it up to look like metal.. working with shadow and highlight as well as figuring out if you want the reflective metal look or the dulled almost matte look of worn armor.
Cosplay is just a side thing for me, since I do a lot of original costume work anyway, so I don't have any problem flying a couple provinces away for cons. If you can find some decent contests, you can find some really nice prizes for costume if you know what you're doing. Also a good business for commission with
the growing popularity of conventions and cosplay and people not knowing how to do so correctly ;)

If anyone is making a costume and has any specific questions about how to construct something however, I'd love to try and help ^^ I'm trying to work out how I want to make the ball and chain weapon Lo Wen uses, without constructing it all out of metal lol.

PS
Here is the Sasaraism site if anyone was looking

I used to have a site with some really nice japanese cosplay at one point, I think I've lost it however. I do have a few pictures of some nice suikoden cosplay. If anyone is interested in seeing, let me know and I can post them. Once I have my Lo Wen costume done I'll have a pic posted of that :)

-My DeviantArt-
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine, dearest...how much do I have to suck up to you to get you to help me with my costume for Anime North? I mean, it wouldn't be quite the same without our fearsome duo of totally and completely unrelated Suikoden characters from different Suikoden games to cosplay as. :X

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aww you know you don't have to suck up! It's moreso the fact of how I'm going to figure out how to do such in short time limit. Besides did you ever find those Sai? By Christmas I'm starting mine and whoever else I'm helping. maybe I'll make you some nifty leather armor ~

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: