Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Cosplay
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Suikoden Cosplay Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought I'd ask, and find out if I'm the only one crazy enough to do this kind of thing, but does anyone else here ever make/wear cosplay costumes? Suikoden is great for people who have the sewing/cosplay hobby because there are so many excellent costumes to choose from, and some are easy (great for starting out), some are really hard (a challenge for hard-core costumeing fans).

Has anyone here made or worn a Suikoden costume? Have any planned for the near future? Any you'd like to do, or wish you could do?

I myself have only done a few of the more recognizable ones. I made a few simple costumes last minute for a convention and was surprised and delighted that so many people knew who all the costumes were! I made a Hero1, Hero2, and Highland Jowy outfit. Then for another con long before that one I made/wore a Millie outfit. (she was the most fun to cosplay as.) I, of course, even made a plushie Bonaparte that's pretty big and I thought it was adorable! But I got a lot of comments and questions asking what on earth it was. *laugh* So what if no one else knows that Bonaparte is the cutest animal in the world!

As for future cosplays from Suikoden, I don't have any planned, really. I eventually want to make Jillia's dress, just because I think it's absolutely beautiful. If I had armor-making skills, I'd make a chris outfit, but I really can't. And if I ever find 2 other people who can sing and who like Suikoden, I want to make the Alma Kinan girls' outfits and sing a jazzy a-capella arrangement of 'currents' for a cosplay. It may never happen, but gosh it would be cute!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only just started going to anime conventions last year...
and the whole reason was.......... my friend begged me to cosplay a Suikoden character... specifically Gremio

I figured his outfit was easy enough so I said fine
1 week right before the convention my friend calls and says to me that their other friend -who was originally going as Jowy- ended up couldn't go and they wanted me to switch from Gremio to Jowy
._. unprepared for the news and being busy in the day I struggled to make Highland Jowy's jacket.

it came out pretty good but the fact that I'm short, have glasses and have black hair Xo no one recognized me when I went of wandering by myself without my friend (who was cosplaying Riou) -which I did alot since I've never been to a convention and my friend has but didn't properly 'show me around' =.=

well anyway...I'll be going as Gremio AND Highland Jowy [again] this year and I don't particularily care if no one recognizes me cause bleh...I didn't work on the outfits much anyway.

I hope to make a good Flame Champion costume next..I've bought all of the cloth needed already...just gotta sew it together x .x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking of being Lorelai or Nanami next year for Halloween. (I like easy costumes...X_X)

Sarah's outfit is cool, but it would be an absolute nightmare to put on and take off. (As far as I can tell, it's more than 3 layers! X_X)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen two Suikoden cosplays to date ( I don't know these people, sorry )

Yuber and Jaques
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd pay good money for that jacket of Albert Silverberg's ;D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if I'd ever cossplay as a suikoden chara I think I'll go the leghth and do a traditonal Jowy. making his wacking stick (so what..that is what it is) is gonna be hard.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember I found this japanese website that was chock full of these real good suikoden cosplays. I never found it again due to the fact I didn't bookmark it.
I've been thinking of cosplaying Suikoden, so I decided to look up the whole character list of girls with short black hair. There's the Yu-sisters of Alma Kinan, but my hair's even shorter than that. Nanami but her hair's thicker. Eilie but she has such a fine body and I don't wanna embarrass myself -o-. Then there's Mikilotov (but he's a guy -_-), and bleh. I think I'll just give up and just wear a cute dress or something I can find. But I don't have any dresses....

ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm aiming for Luc next year. (If my hair hasn't grown too long yet. NO WAY I'm gonna go and cut it again) There's the matter of making the circlet (which most likely will cost me at least $20 or so) and thedecision of doing the staff or not. I've got a friend aiming for Sasarai (good luck with the hat!! XD) and if I go as Luc... heh... well... *glomps to no end* :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On the other hand, maybe I AM crazy enough to cut it to that length again. (It's the right length now) And hmm... that circlet's gonna cost me A LOT, same with having the costume made...that and where am I gonna be able to make his... erm... whadaya call the stick thing?
Oh yeah.
Gale Staff.
Or mebbe I should use Luc from 3. But the material looks so expensive...and WHERE AM I GONNA FIND BROWN COMBAT BOOTS?! *rambles on and on and on.......*

(Am I crazy...or what? :wink: )
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

(Am I crazy...or what? )

You aren't crazy! Luc's Suikoden 3 costume is gorgeous. But I think it would be more fun to play him in the old costume... cosplaying as a little brat could be fun! *laugh* And as for a Sasarai costume... I wish I had the time and money to make that one too. The full length pretty one, not the gensui 3 one. And the hat is the best part! But that costume, I'd love to make out of a lined velvet with satin accents... yeah. not ever going to happen. I'm too cheap. I have to stick to cotton mostly on my budget right now.

Quote:

My goodness, so would I. I think I can make almost any costume, but that coat looks insanely hard. Too much fabric, and too much detail, and too hard to fit. I'd collapse trying to make it. But it sure is cool!

Quote:

I decided to look up the whole character list of girls with short black hair.

Suggestion: Did you think about trying to cosplay as Queen? She has short black hair, her costume isn't overly revealing, but you could still look beautiful cosplaying as her. In addition, her costume has lots of pieces, but it isn't too difficult either. (the boots would be a trick though...) Just an idea.

I'm so happy there are so many people who want to, or even plan to cosplay as a Suikoden character! It's so great! The only con I've been to where I saw a Gensui costume other than mine had a girl dressed as Nanami. (She made an adorable Nanami too!)

My next question is, what conventions do you all go to? Or plan to go to? Or wish you could go to? I live in the midwest, so I always go to the itty bitty conventions and never get to see many costuems... *sniffle* But I'm sure other people are as curious as I am to see people's costumes if anyone is successful at finishing them!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've wanted and planned to cosplay as McDohl a few times, I just can't find a tailor to make me a costume.... :cry:

Conventions I attend? Well the only one we have here in NZ, Armageddon. It's crappy and small, but it's all we've got.
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would only be able to dress up as a karayan from S3 or Hauser...but if i had the chance, I would do Geddoe's costume...
I think it would quite humorous to see someone dress up as Sgt. Joe or one of the other ducks...That would probably be the most difficult, compared to the kobolds and the lizards...It probably wouldn't even be worth it unless you bought a really expensive lizard outfit from a halloween store.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember there was a very lovely Jillia Blight cosplaying at Anime evolution.
Uh don' have a pic of her right now though.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ChiByakko wrote:

My next question is, what conventions do you all go to? Or plan to go to? Or wish you could go to? I live in the midwest, so I always go to the itty bitty conventions and never get to see many costuems... *sniffle* But I'm sure other people are as curious as I am to see people's costumes if anyone is successful at finishing them!

*cough* I'll be at Otakon
I'm not that crazy as to go flying across the country just to go to an anime convention for a short weekend. -so I stick to somewhere close...
If you seriously want to meet me :roll: I'll most likely be the stray Jowy in the Dealer's room.

Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goodspeed87 wrote:

Oh yes... I love that damn jacket. His red hair and his jacket make Albert...well Albert
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

If you seriously want to meet me I'll most likely be the stray Jowy in the Dealer's room.

*laugh* I wish I could go to Otakon. Friends who have gone said that con was great.
But I meant the question more as a means for everyone to know where everyone else goes to cons. (in case people happen to go to the same cons) I certainly don't intend to fly out to distant cons, nor do I immagine many others doing so. (Comiket aside, as I do plan to be there this year. That's a special exception for me.)
But cosplayers tend to appreciate other cosplayers. At least I do, I think others do too. When you spend a bunch of time to make something you also notice other people's effort. It seems most of the time there's a cosplay comraderie going at cons, so it's fun to meet/see other cosplayers and their costumes.
Especially when they're fellow fans of a favorite anime or game... like Suikoden!

And I just realized I never answered my own question about what cons I go to.
My home cons are AnimeIowa, Anime Detour, ACen... and I think that's all. Not too many near here. and ACen is not really 'local' but it's not impossibly far.
I have family in San Fransisco, so I've been down there for a con once too, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do that one again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: