Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Posting Error: emailer.php
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Posting Error: emailer.php Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every post I make comes up with the same error at the soldiers/potch stage.

Quote:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /forum/includes/emailer.php

I'm fairly sure I have seen this before and I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about. However it does mean lots of double posts.

Last edited by Decado on Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When errors involving emailer.php comes up, it either means that you have "e-mail when someone replies to this thread" checked, but have the wrong e-mail in your profile, or someone else in that thread has the same setting messed up. There is no way to fix this other than by having these people fix their setting. The post will go through normally though.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have neither of these ticked. It has only happened over the last 5 or so posts I have made today. Actually thinking about it though it didn't happen when I made this topic.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been getting an error as well. I only get e-mail notifycations when I get a PM.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In that case it is someone with a faulty e-mail address putting "watch this thread" flags on many threads.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh, really so it has nothing to do with me? Because I'm not watching anything.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it can be caused by other people.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe this will help narrow it down a bit. I got one in Tinto. That may help us figure out who isn't using a good email address or whatever it is thats causing the problem.

EDIT: A friend in Tinto just mentioned that he was getting all the notifications on every post. Might this be causing it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the error in the games and anime forum. but I haven't gotten it since that one time this morning.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get it to e-mail me with every update, but I get all my e-mails so I know I have the correct one input into the system. Should I stop telling it to give me updates? I like getting them, but if it's causing other people a hard time I'll go back and tell each topic to stop watching.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you are getting the notifications, your e-mail setting is correct. Thus, there is no reason to turn it off.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting the error in the thread on Kage's affiliation with highland in Suikoden discussion, as well as every other thread I've posted on today as well as when I just tried to PM someone. I know my e-mail is set up right, though, and I'm not watching anything via e-mail except my PM's. I wasn't having this error at all yesterday and very rarely have I gotten it in the past. Is it just me or are there a lot more of them now?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who did you PM to? That person likely doesn't have a correct e-mail address.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz, but I've PMed him before without the problem.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone tried to PM me today and got the error. I didn't get email notification for it, either, but sure enough, there it was in my inbox. Someone also tried to post something in the Grasslands and got an error. My email address is most assuredly working, however, and I'm not monitoring any threads anywhere.

EDIT: Ironically, I got the error posting this message, as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: