Suikoden Ugly and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Toran as it is the very first Republic to be established, as well as the first introduction of the Sukoden characters. Since Teo McDohl was such an able general, he could be known as the 'Late Patron' of Toran, since his son Tir established the state, although Lepant became president.

Toran also came in a little, when mercenaries Filk and Viktor were introduced as mercenaries two years later in the Dunan Unification War.

Harmonia only appeared in the two fire bringer wars, which were initiated by their own means, which was like.. unsuiting to my principles.

Dunan came in a little too late.

Island Nations were too loose in an alliance pact, which could be a reason why the Kooluk had an easy time conquering the islands.

Highland was toppled by the Dunan Army after Luca Blight's death, followed by Jowy's disappearence.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think my name says it all. `^^';;; I've just got this THING for holy empires, anyway... :mrgreen:

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The City States, just like the diversity yet forming a union, very much like ancient Greece.
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the Grasslands. It has everything that I really like, to tell you the truth.

1) I like the Karaya Clan, and their style and culture.
2) The Chisha Clan has that Mongolian look to them, which looks really cool to me.
3) The Duck Clan are awesome.
4) The Village of Alma Kinan is a village of cute women.
5) The Safir Clan have cool giant bug things you can fly around in.
6) The Lizard Clan have cool outfits. And Shiba, Dupa, and Bazba are really cool.

And the environment is so nice and serene. Very nature-like.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite nation is Toran Republic. Why? Because it is a multi-cultural and multi-racial nation that is full of a diverse amount of breathtaking places such as Seek Valley, Great Forest, Moravia and etc. And besides, in the Toran Republic, the citizens lived under the protection of the law unlike during the Scarlet Moon era, where the Toran people live under oppression by the imperial government.
CZF123

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Nation would be the Dunan because well....the cities in the country is very much like emm....i should say they are mystical....the castle there is great

Matilda----> the fortress was so great and it'z like being in a century old castle
Green leaf---->the academy provides education and it'z surrounded by forest which provides fresh air and natural defences
Two River---->this is one of my favorite town because it is very much like my country Malaysia with three different main races living together fighting together
Sounthwindow---->this town...well....the buildings there is kinda unique it'z like some sort of chinatown....very unique
Muse---->this place is once the capital of the Jowsten state but now half of it'z citezen were killed by Luca as they were sacrified.....which is well very sad
Highland---->i like this place as well because it juz like well a vast terrain with great castles.....
The capital of Dunan---->this place...THE BEST PLACE AND I LIKE IT THE MOST.....because it is very well defended and it'z like a true capital...with crowded Races of all type.....
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Long Live Harmonia, it wins hands down ^^
Not just because it's my nation, which that does help, but because a lot of my favorite characters come from there :)

-My DeviantArt-
ninjakoriku

Roxas Roxxors

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena, because it has the deepest government system of any country thus far, in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Harmonia of course. If I'd have voted any other way I'd most likely be beaten, mugged, stoned, flogged, or...well, you get the idea. It really sucks being on the bottom rungs. That's another great thing about Holy Harmonia, slavery and servitude. :mrgreen:
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*pets poor Malt*

We wouldn't have hit you too hard...

Just teasing. Actually, I like Holy Harmonia for a good number of reasons outside of the fact that I was lucky enough to get 'sorted' there. I'm intrigued by the fact that the Harmonians seem to have their fingers in just about every storyline pie and a mad on for all the True Runes. I'm intrigued by their class structure and the way things 'work'. That place in the game is just ready for a revolution, and wouldn't be interesting if there was an entire game devoted to it?

Harmonia, baby: More than just High Priests with True Runes...

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally love Dunan hehe they have a great academy. Diverse cultures and races. Plus they have Shu,Teresa,Klaus. Plus I love all the politics of that land
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland Kingdom for me!! :mrgreen:
i choose it because it's my nation and we have our favorite who you call "Luca Blight" :twisted: and we have cool people too in our nation :D
Vzar Méir

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah, I was afraid that Falena wasn't proposed. But my eyes decided to work correctly ^^ Hum, I'm sorry for my Harmonian' companions, but Falena is deeply settled in my heart.

PS : Third War at home, message broken off !

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite like Zexen, with the beautiful Vinay Del Zexay and the nice folkie Iksay village.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of the above.

I think I probably like Kooluk the best honestly. Of all the people we've seen in the games, the Kooluks have stood out to me as some of my favorites, and some of the most sympathetic. If the scene where Helmut reveals Colton to be his father isn't touching, I don't know what is. The clash between the imperials and the patriarchs in Suikoden tactics is the first time we've seen a war in Suikoden that didn't have the sides laid out for us as good and evil. I like that the game allowed the player to make the choice for themself instead of casting one faction or the other in an exceedingly poor light.

However, I will cede that Kooluk has a massive flaw. The nation itself is underdeveloped and will probably never see any future installments :(. However, we know of several other regions that were poorly developed and portrayed in the series but have been given a great deal of following. Harmonia, Nameless lands, Tinto, and the Toran republic have all been shafted as far as development goes but they are all very popular for one reason or another.

BTW, Obel soldier; the Carne clan was the one with the Mantors, we never see the Safir clan or meet anyone from the area.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: