Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a good poll, too bad gwendal is gone now. :( Anyways this decision is pretty tough for me, I'd have to say its a three way tie between Harmonia, Highland, and Falena..

The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia is just too cool for school. I mean it has that whole theocracy thing going on which is really awesome, a leader nobody has any friggin idea about, and Sasarai! :D The Crystal Palace looked magnificent for the short scene we saw it in Suikoden III, I really can't wait til we get a Suikoden game based in Harmonia.

Highland is my kingdom! Of course it is great! Haha but for real it has some serious badass generals, crazy Kings (except the great King Fliktor), and just serious cool factor. Also has one nutso rune that Leon let loose on an unsuspecting party! Thats another thing, they had Leon :D

Falena is just for the mystery factor. Its a Queendom which is cool in its own right, and we just know hardly anything about Falena. Killy and Georg are from there and assasinated the queen! Awesome.

In the end though, I voted for Harmonia just cause its really awesome, in the end Highland will rule the world though :twisted:
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I have to say my home country of Highland. Now, if you asked me this a few months ago, I would've answered differently (perhaps Zexen). At this point, though, I've learned so much about the country that I've really grown fond of it. I'm not too big a fan of them being a tribute state to Harmonia...but the fact that such a boxed-in nation can be so powerful really says a lot about its underlying strengths.

Quote:

This is a good poll, too bad gwendal is gone now.

Indeed, I miss him. Incidentally, he used to hold my position. (fun fact of the day kids, tell your friends)

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is difficult to answer. I'm kinda with Lunarblade in that the more I find out about Highland the more it appeals to me, but Grasslands reminds me more of Montana, which is where I live. Y'know: plains, people spread out (but not too much), some mountains, talking ducks, etc. But in the end, I'll have to vote for Highland as well. I just find it cool, although I'd probably find out the same thing about another nation if I had been randomly dropped elsewhere.

Lunarblade wrote:
fun fact of the day kids, tell your friends

Yay, now to find some friends...

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few favorites, but Holy Harmonia does it for me, I like Island Nations, Zexen, Dunan and Scarlet Moon too.though.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had to choose my favorite nation would be the one where Jeane spends the most of her time at. :mrgreen:
Ism

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland But I really like the Name Scarlet Moon Emipre, To me it just sounds so cool :mrgreen:
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say the Queendom of Falena, i mean slavery, gladiator battles, Assasons, queens and the hell of a collection of Sindar ruins. what more can i say. Has to be the ultimate nation. Maybe it is at the same military level of Harmonia.
Dark_Wanderer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have chosen the Dunan Republic, the home of my most favorite character, Riou and the place where the game, Suikoden II, happened.

Nothing much to say, I like the way the cities and states are arranged, the lake and the river system, and the position of the Headquarters.
Ryusanji

The Crimson Flames of Highland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I decided to go with Dunan. It became hard to choose between the Grasslands and Dunan. On one hand, I love the Dunan area, both during the time period it was the City-State and after. The characters there sparked mroe interest in me then any other...save for the Grasslands. But, Dunan wins in the end.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite nation would be THE HOLY KINGDOM OF HARMONIA!!!!!!!! I love the whole nation,first of the soldiers look really cool with great armour and weapons.The leader is mysterious and sasarai is really good and luc who is now dead and lets not forget nash!The crystal valley looks great at the short bit we saw of it i cant wait for a harmonian game.There is so much more but thats al i can think of now so thats it. :D

Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

>_< I'm no good at choosing favorites..

Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. We know so much, and yet so little! The glimpses in the S3 intro are all we've seen inside of it, but yet we've heard so much about it. They remind me a lot of the "Holy Lodis Empire" from the Ogre Battle series. A strong nation, feared by others, centers of learning, full of self-rightousness and lead by religious figures. Hikusaak even manages to be more mysterious than the Pope!

The Grasslands are kewel. . . I really like the whole concept of it. It's so diverse, and holds so much history, even if its only tying in to the history of other countries. Its hard to explain why I like it so much, its just awesome though ^_^ .. only reason I didn't pick it was because it just always seems to be afflicted by other countries. Which isn't all together a bad thing, shows that the Grasslanders just want peace (or to fight among themselves >_>) . . . still, they seem to be open minded folks, but stay true to their beliefs.

Highland was pretty awesome, too bad Luca had to go screw everything up. I do feel a bit sorry for him, the whoel thing with Sara Blight and all o.o .. They had some great general's, and I think it has a pretty interesting history. I'm kinda sad it stopped being its own country after the Dunan Unification War, couldn't someone else have taken over? Oh well..

In the end, I choose the old Scarlett Moon Empire. x.x The History is amazing, I like all the characters involved, and the nation itself can almost be seen as an epic hero, with Barbarossa's (mistake?) of love for Windy leading to it's downfall. ^__^;;
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Dunan it barely edges out Toran Republic as my favorite not enough information on some of those other nations maybe when Falena or Harmonia get more exposure they could change my pick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shum

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to go with the Toran Republic. They have a good strong government that keeps the people happy and the nation wealthy. But also because of the level of protection it has. It's got very competant and experienced generals and they are coming off of two victories in a row. It's got excellent natural defenses and it's capital sits comfortably in the safest place in the region(except maybe within the Great Forest.. is that spell still working?). Also, they have a wide variety in thier fighting force: experienced and highly varied types of infantry, Dragon Knights, dwarven engineering, and rock solid cavalry(i forgot what those things are called... gul-horses or something like that). All-in-all this makes them a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

I don't know a whole lot about their naval force but I'm guessing it's at least decent considering they have a rather large naval base guarding Toran Lake and the passage to the sea.

I also chose Toran because this is where I got hooked on the Suikoden world.
Volrath

Forsaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say holy harmonia, because they are a very mysterious nation with vast military power. They have many different branches of government that we have no idea about the hvg, the preists, hikusaak(if hes alive or dead......your guess is as good as mine). They also seem to have their hands all over the world being able to control things from behind the scenes is something they seem to do alot.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Grasslands. Everything from the Clans to the scenary. It is nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: