Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your favourite nation? *Revamped*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, which nation do you like the most?
Northern Outland/Nameless Lands
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Holy Harmonia
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Zexen
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Grassland
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Dunan
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Tinto Republic
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Highland
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Toran Republic
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
Old Scarlet Moon Empire
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Island Nations
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Queendom of Falena
18%
 18%  [ 32 ]
Katana
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Gaien Dukedom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nagarea Theocracy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zelant Kingdom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Armes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kooluk Empire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 175

Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why isnt Aronia on there?

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I kinda forgot about it...and it ceased to exist over a thousand years ago, after all, so there`s not much info about it. Some nations are so obscure that I just forgot about them..this applies to Sanadia as well. And you didn`t have Aronia in your poll, either. :P

I should have put in the Kamaro Knights, though...aren`t they a sort of nation?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Aronia kind of used to be Harmonia until Hikusaak came along. But Harmonia has Sasarai, cant beat that.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite naturally Highland are the best nation ;)

But seriously, I'm quite partial to the freedom of the Grasslands. They always seem to be at a constant state of war, and if they're not at war, they're all scared and on edge about going to war. But apart from that, I found the scenery and land quite idealic.

Toran republic seems to have flourished in the three years when you see it at Suikoden II, and obviously Dunan can't be doing too bad as you hear snippits about it in Suikoden III.

But really, the nations that are still here that we've seen the most of are Zexen and Grasslands. We never really see the Dunan Republic as a state, the game ends when the nation forms, as the same is for Toran Republic. So I don't feel fair voting for them as I just don't know what they're like ;)

But really thats all just a moot point anyway, as I still just prefer Grasslands! Second only to Highland ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland obviously was too small. I wouldnt loved to see Dunan flourish. Or even Tinto...damn Gustav. Toran was great. The Grasslands arent always at war. They just have a dense history of wars in the past 80 years. Too much culture in the one little place. Zexen, the clans, harmonia, tinto and even dunan.

Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowston/Dunan. For the same reasons as stated above.
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia is just so damn good

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice to see that my King shares my taste in nations almost exactly! :)

I second what you said about Grassland, although one of the reasons I went with Highland is the forests and mountains...the Grasslands seem beautiful, but a little too...well, flat for my tastes. But I like their loose structure and naturalistic culture, and the variety between the Six Clans.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to say 'island nations,' as that is where upon these forums I dwell, ...but we have so little info on them thus far, that I cannot in good concience vote that way.
No, I would have to go with Holy Harmonia. Why? Because I both love it and hate it. It has such an interesting history with both logical and illogical ideas, rich yet overbearing tradition and religion... It's just neat how tangible that part of Suikoden's fictional world is. It's flaws make it that much more interesting and more importantly, real or believable. And the parts of it that aren't as flawed, are frankly beautiful. (from what I've seen/read/infer) It stands out in my mind as something really unique.
starkingdom

10575 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like the Island nation

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was the nation that Ruled what is now the Toran Republic, something else or was that Harmonia. Im guessing it was Harmonia. Back when Gregminster was the "Holy City of Rupanda"

Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Get yourself 1000 soldiers and come join us in Highland!

And he's got a cool name too. High King of the Noldor indeed.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so torn between Falena and Harmonia because they're both so cool and mysterious, but I'm gonna vote for Falena, because I don't want to suffer the Queen's wroth.

And trust me, neither do you..........*twitch*
BlazerKnight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite nation would be Felena because it's a very mysterious place. They also seem to be the only nation that has a village that worships something. Even if it is and giant red bird(The Crimson Bird), which one can infer that it's a Phoenix.

Queendom of Falena Rulez!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is my favorite nation, I think it is the Island Nations because I really like the word islands and the impression that it gives. I just like islands but since we do not know anything about it I would chose the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia as my favorite nation (actually my second favorite) because I kind of like the idea of a twisted nation which is infolded with some kind of mystery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: