Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Sheet Music?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Sheet Music? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, so I play the piano and I've only been able to find a handful of Suikoden songs that I'd actually want to play on the piano. The Suikoden III songs that I want to play, like Ai wo Koete or Mysterious People, don't exist as far as I know.

Does anyone know differently? Are there any sites for Suikoden sheet music that you know of? Preferably something I could download for free, like a fan transposing.

Also... If worse comes to worse and I can't find any sheet music at all, then I'm putting out a request form. ^_^ If anyone would like to see a song transposed for the piano, I could do it myself. I've already written most of Ai wo Koete, and if you'd like to see it, just let me know and I'll get it online. If there are any other songs you'd like, and I know the song and like it as well, I'd gladly try my hand at putting it on the piano for you.

SO. What I'm asking for is this: Any links you might have for Suikoden sheet music, and I'd like to know if you have any interest in seeing your favorite songs put to paper. DISCUSS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mankow84/gs3.html

It doesn't have much, and does have more in its Suikoden I and II sections than in its Suikoden III counterpart but give it a look. It's the only place I know that deals in such a niche area such as RPG sheet music.

I'll keep looking, however.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I got Arctic Area from there. I love that song. But all the other songs I'd rather not play. They're not very pretty. Thanks though. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that transcribing, arranging, and remixing copyrighted musical works and posting performances is frowned upon in this forum.
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it? I mean... But isn't it just like fanfiction or fanart? I don't pretend to know everything about copyright laws, but I do know that most companies are aware that people do these things, but they let it go because it gets people more interested in whatever it is that they own, right? They can't exactly control what gets put on the internet...

And I don't mean any harm... :? I'm just an unemployed student who enjoys playing songs she likes on the piano.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that isn't really illegal, which is what this board frowns upon.

Fair use laws apply to 'cover' versions of songs, which is basically what Timbo is describing. Artists are free to record new versions of songs if they aren't distributed for money.

Reproducing an exact copy for profit = Illegal
Reproducing an exact copy for no profit = Illegal
Making a similar version for profit = Illegal (well, royalties must be paid)
Making a similar version for no profit = Legal
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, then let me clarify a bit. While the music I'll be transposing will SOUND like the song, it's not exact. I'm not that good. I can't be exact. What I'm doing is taking the melody and putting whatever harmony sounds good.

Like the Ai wo Koete I have written is just a bunch of chords, while the real song isn't like that.

3:30 AM. If I sound slightly incoherent (uncoherent) (noncoherent) that's why. TIRED.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio is right. There's nothing illegal about performing or recording someone else's song, as long as you're not making money from it. If you're selling your performance of the song on a CD or something, then you'd need permission from the copyright holder and they'd get a cut of the profits.

But you can play or record whatever you want if you're just doing it for enjoyment.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Incorrect. Performing is covered under fair use. Rearranging and RECORDING something is actually illegal - it's just that, generally, copyright holders don't care and therefore don't pursue charges most of the time. So I can't post, let's say, my Dragon's Den trance remix on this forum because it's an arrangement of a song that I did not explicity get the permission of the copyright holder to rearrange.

I had a big argument with SARSadmin about this and nearly got myself banned because of it. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: