Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most annoying character to recruit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot to mention Mike! I have terrible luck at the card games. X____x

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GrimmHooke wrote:

Ah yes I agree with you there. That card game was crappy! Bring back Chichinorin! On that topic, I also had a hard time with Billy, as he steals your hard-earned Hex Doll S and you can't never get it back if you lose!!

Grr that was frustrating. >_<
Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheStrategist wrote:
I thought Hix and Tengaar was the most annoying in both the first and the second game. In S1, I had te perfect party lined up until Hix decided to play hero for Tengaar and join me in Neclord's castle. I didn't even fight with him. I put him in the back of my party where he just healed before his low HP was gone.

I have to agree with that. Because of Hix, I was forced to fight Neclord Flik-less! And, it's not as if his attack ever did much of anything damage-wise either. At least in the second game he was a decent character to have in battle.
Flame Champion Viktor

89609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My top 5 annoying characters to recruit
5-Billy [Suikoden3]
4-Bob [Suikoden2]
3-Landis [Suikoden3]
2-Tai-Ho [Suikoden1&2]
1-Gordon [Suikoden2] I HATE HIM!!!
thats all.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Gordon is annoying at all, provided you know how to plan things well. I mean, I have managed to get the Clive quest while still getting all 108 stars in time to save Nanami AND completing the McDohl sidequest BEFORE getting all the stars. The way I usually do it is to ensure that I talk to Gordon when going to get Kasumi/ Valeria and then my second trip to Gregminster (near the end of the game) I have ALL the requirements for Lorelai, Gordon, Sasuke, Mondo and McDohl met. That way you aren't wasting time and it is really quite easy to meet all the requirements provided you keep a piece of paper handy to write your trades down.

For me all the characters with an element of 'random' were the ones that annoyed me. Having to find those Nameless Urns, Opals and get Landis all rather got on my nerves.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob?

The only annoying thing about Bob is my incessant attempts to recruit him before the Luca battle.

I have never succeeded, but he will join pretty much straight afterwards...

Oulan was also annoying, I keep forgetting that you have to talk to the old lady first...
In a similar vein I was also having trouble with Ayame in S3 last time through, as I had forgotten you had to talk to Watari in the castle first.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most annoying character to recruit is Crowley because I really did not know where to find him; I almost lost hope finding him. At first, I thought he was in Neclord's castle since there was a strange looking sculpture at the third floor, I thought maybe I can break it with the help of the blacksmiths, but when I took them there nothing happened (I wonder what is the purpose of the sculpture). Anyway, I then went to the cave the one behind the Qlon temple and began my long search until I noticed the difference in the walls, after entering it I found him at last.

The second one is Clive in Suikoden1, he was so annoying I had to enter the inn several thousands of times before he shows up.

About Gordon(S2) the easiest way to recruit him is to buy everything he has then sell it to him, this way may take a lot of time but trust me it is more easiest than coming and going from Grigminister to see if he will join you.

With Landis, I did not have a hard time getting him. I do not know why maybe I am lucky since he joined me at the first time I passed the forest with Hugo.

Therefore, these are the ones that gave me a hard time.

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
GrimmHooke wrote:

Ah yes I agree with you there. That card game was crappy! Bring back Chichinorin! On that topic, I also had a hard time with Billy, as he steals your hard-earned Hex Doll S and you can't never get it back if you lose!!

Grr that was frustrating. >_<

Just be sure to save before putting the statue on the pedestal... or after you put it on the pedestal and before you go back into that room. It happened to me once. Thankfully, I had saved fairly recently, so it was worth a reset to do it again. Out of the three times I've played that particular game, I lost once.

As far as Mike's game goes, I just make sure I have a lot of potch (a couple hundred thousand or so) and just go for it. Usually I'll win in 3-5 rounds. And yes, I save before this one too, so I can reset if I'm taking too bad of a beating.

Way back in this thread, Gilbert from S2 was mentioned. I've found that as long as he says he changes sides, and even if his unit is defeated, he still joins as long as he doesn't die in battle. Even if it says he was wounded, you still get him. I guess what they should have done here was play the "chaching" and print up the recruitment message. You have to go quite a ways further into the game to know for sure that you got him. (To check the tablet at the castle.)
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg....all the way from page one...What you said about Stallion only being recruitable after Greenhill is true. When you go to recruit him he mentions running away from Greenhill. That I do remember quite well. However, it could very well be possible to have that good of a castle by then.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S1, Nameless urn was an ass to me. Thus, Jappa gets my vote as most annoying. I hated Clive as well... Somehow, he just doesn't appear... <_<

In S2, Gordon wasn't that hard. Ancient text and Crystal balls are the way to go. Although it IS annoying when you miscalculate, walk all the way to Greg, and find yourself a few potch short. So yeah, he probably is the most annoying.

In S3, Landis hated me... He was even more annoying to recruit than about three of the squirrels in S2. For some reason, he just wouldn't appear... I fell asleep while pressing the same buttons over and over and over again...

Another highly annoying one also from S3 is Billy. ARGH!!!!! The first play, i stupidly forgot to save, and lost to him. After that, i couldn't find a single FRIGGIN statue to place!!! ANd worst still, when i finally win a Goddes statue from lottery, i discover that only S ranked statues can be placed there. God, was i annoyed... Guess what, Alanis, Melville and Eliot are my last three SODs to recruit aside from Luc and co.
Ferid Egan

Mercury's Marines

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it would be a tie between Stallion and the Chinchorin characters. Stallion because I hate to run from battles especially the easy ones but you have to just to get that clown who isn't really worth it in my book. And the Chinchorin characters because one time I spent more than an hour trying to get to the point where I made enough money in the game.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two good ways to clock up the runs for recruiting Stallion are:

Squirrel Recruitment!
I always take Riou and Mukumuku for a start, and don't stop till I have a full party of squirrels. As i generally do this when the enemies are a bit harder, i find i generally run from most battles ( except those flowers that NEVER attack... ).

Matilda Levelling, Humphrey and Futch
This rarely gets me all the way to beating Stallion, but when you enter this area early in the game, you'll be running from everything except a single bird thing. This is further true as you try to get your entire party leveled and not dead around this area.

Using one or both of these methods I can generally recruit Stallion on the first attempt.

---- edit ----
Actually now that I think on it, the squirrels and Hump / Futch are also annoying to recruit. Humphrey and Futch because if you miss them when chasing Miklotov, then you can't get the good ending, and the squirrels just absorb a lot of time.

Last edited by Falcon Critical on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here`s some advice to anyone who has trouble with Billy`s card game...I got it from the Goppu FAQ at GameFAQs:

Just play your cards in order, from A to King. It might look like you`re going to lose in the beginning, but you`ll always win doing this. At least it worked for me when I did this to get the Prosperity Tunic for Chris and later for Geddoe.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always find it annoying when I have to do the annoying quest to recruit Hix and Tengaar in S2.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could make it less annoying by either waiting to finish the quest after getting both Viki and the Blinking Mirror, or bring Stallion so that you would be able to run in the world map.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: