Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most annoying character to recruit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just get Clive near the end, if your not too interested in using him in battle. He is much easier to find the later you are in the game. And yeah, you're right, I needed to use a guide to find all the places and correct answers to get Hortez, pretty annoying...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the hardest characters to recruit is....
suikoden1- that bastard Leon!!!! i hate him!!! i jsut replayed suikoden 1 and i totally forgot about him sooo i try to go get him and i can't!! because Mathiu (or whatever) isn't sitting in his room!! sooooo i end the game with 107 stars!! what a pain!! i took all that time only to not get them all! i hate leon for that reason!

suikoden 2- hahaha well i would have to say it was Mcdohl (or Zcdohl in my game hahah damn leon!) hahahha i know he isn't a star but it was a pain going back to get him if something happened were my party switched

suikoden 3- mmmmmm i don't know this game was way easy and nothing was that difficult. but the most painful i would say is the liar Estaller.....whatever yeah she's dumb.......not that it was hard to get her she's just a liar!!!o but Holtes VII wasn't hard for me cause my friend told me how to get him......but i can totally see him being way hard

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't need Gordon to find out how much profit you've made from trading, all you need is a pencil and a piece of paper. It's just basic math, since you know what the price of something is when you buy it and you know how much you end up selling it for, so... just subtract the original purchase price from the selling price and what ever is left is your profit. If you keep track, you won't find you've made a trip to Gregminster only to find you're one potch below the requirement.

As long as the "buy low, sell high" rule is adhered to, it shouldn't take too long to complete the mission.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive in S1. He is oh such a pain to get. I mean, how many times must I enter and re-enter and enter and re-enter and enter...etc. Not cool Clive, not cool at all.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the most annoying people to recruit were the ones you had to play Chinchiron with
I personally stink at that game =.=

the optional dogs in Suikoden 3 were also almost as annoying as a the squirrels from S2 unless you know exactly where they are before hand...

and oh yes...Gilbert from Suikoden 2. >.< Darn you Gilbert and your *runs out to the middle of the battlefield -"OUCH I'm hurt" *switches sides* XO "you injured me! so now you gotta RESCUE ME!! I'm not moving til you rescue me!!"

I didn't find anyone in S3 particularily hard to recruit *was one of the lucky people who found Landis first try*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the mini quest with Hix and Tengaar was pretty annoying. But Gilbert and the dogs in S3 were easy for me for some reason. I just found them while looking around and Gilbert most of the time never died. I thought the Hix and Tengaar quest was so damn stupid -o-

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, there is some like 5% chance that Gilbert will die.... very samll, but if that happens just reset and the next time you have a very good chance of getting him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Leon Silverberg (S1)

He is one of the most finicky characters to get. Not only because you have to be at a certain amount of people before he'll even consider it, but there's also the possibility that once he gives you the damn letter, Mathiu won't let you give it to him. Grr. I can't be the only person who restarted a game because of this.

2. Esmeralda (S1)

If you're not fortunate enough to find an opal right away...*sigh* It's a double whammy with Esmeralda, too, because not only is she a pain in the ass to get, but she's also a useless character - she can't even be used in battle!

3. Jabba (S1)

Same deal as Esmeralda. If you weren't fortunate enough to get a nameless urn right away, it could be hours of chasing those damn holly things! Hours!

What is it with Suikoden 1 and frustrating characters?

4. Clive (S1 AND S2)

Clive may be the coolest cat in Suikoden, but he's a royal pain in the patootie to get. He rarely seems to appear in Suikoden 1 (it takes forever, usually - even near the end of the game he doesn't seem to show up much) and in Suikoden 2, should you be unfortunate enough to not travel up a certain backstreet in Muse, you will never, ever be able to get Clive.

5. Crowley and Mazus (S1 and S2, respectively)

Simply because I find dungeon crawling for the use of one character truly annoying. Also because they never join your party until it's really too late to put them to any good use. A pity.

6. Gilbert (S2)

Forget to have someone injure him in that first battle (without killing him)? See goodbye towards ever getting the strangely hands-off mercenary. (He can only fight in war battles? :shock: Why?)

7. The Blacksmiths (S1)

Simply because it's truly a pain to have to recruit a new blacksmith every time I want my weapon sharpened another 3 levels. I'm sooo glad they replaced this with the idea of the hammers, even though I liked the blacksmiths as characters.

8. Hortez VII (S3)

Annoying, because I never knew where he was going to show up. Worse, he doesn't fulfill much of a role during S3; at least Raura was easy to get.

9. The Squirrels (S2)

Don't get them the first time you're in greenhill? Good luck later, then. Have fun hunting for Squirrels for hours. (To add insult to injury, the Squirrels aren't even particularily good characters!)

See also: Landis (who is a better character)

10. Lebrante (S2)

Simply because finding a cerulean vase is either incredibly timeconsuming or incredibly expensive. Worse, Lebrante is like the most expensive appraiser in the game, so you're more or less better just teleporting to a random town instead of bringing your antiques to him. :evil:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always found Hix and Tengaar annoying to get... ( in S2 ) ... I mean sure the quest is amusing, but soo much running for so little gain...

Also Mondo and Sasuke, I always choose Valeria so these two can be tricky as you need to get them pretty much last.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
1. Leon Silverberg (S1)

He is one of the most finicky characters to get. Not only because you have to be at a certain amount of people before he'll even consider it, but there's also the possibility that once he gives you the damn letter, Mathiu won't let you give it to him. Grr. I can't be the only person who restarted a game because of this.

I used to have the same problem, but after I thought about it, it was my own mistake. So it could probably be what happened to you (or others as well). Here is my mistake.

First step was that we see Leon in Kalekka and talk to him as usual while we were there on the mission. He would say something (call this Line 1). Then as we know, we have to have level 4 castle to get him. Then we need to talk to him again (ASAP after you got level 4 castle would be better though not a must), and he'd say something different (which is Line 2). Only after this, we could get the letter from Mathiu.

Most people (including myself) usually forgot that we have to talk to Leon again (so that he'd say the Line 2, which was about how big Liberation Army had become if I'm not mistaken) so that Mathiu would give the letter. Instead, I usually simply talk to Mathiu all the time without talking to Leon for the second time. Since Leon never said Line 2, Mathiu wouldn't give the letter.

I'm not sure if it's your problem as well or not, Sophita, but who knows if it's like that.

Oh one thing, Leon didn't give any letter to Tir, right? It was Mathiu who need to give the letter to Leon, or am I mistaken?

And last but not least, I definitely didn't bother to restart because of that. I never really liked Gremio anyway, so it's fine with me if he wasn't being resurrected. >=)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I despise Esmeralda. The Opal is so annoying to find. Jabba is also pretty annoying, but at least he is useful; this makes up for finding that damn urn.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was easily Clive in Suikoden I and Landis in Suikoden III, JABBA TOO!!! GARRRRR, mostly Clive though, I always thought he was upstairs, so I got lucky and accidentally caught a glimpse of him once. Looks like he's got a hump in the front of his cloak, haha it's interesting, love that guy! Landis though, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh lol. Leon I messed up a few times too, yep yep, burnt my biscuits good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Hix and Tengaar was the most annoying in both the first and the second game. In S1, I had te perfect party lined up until Hix decided to play hero for Tengaar and join me in Neclord's castle. I didn't even fight with him. I put him in the back of my party where he just healed before his low HP was gone.
In the second game, and the first time I played, I recruit them without the Blinking Mirror which was a bad idea. I ran everywhere to take Hix on his fake mission to rescue Tengaar. But it wasn't so bad i guess when I did it the second time with the blinking mirror.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always got Gordon on my first trip to Gregminster simply because trading is the easiest way to make tons of cash. I'd already fit the bill by the time I met him. ;3

Clive and Leon in Suikoden I are my picks. Clive would never show up (I've had Landis show up faster than that!), and I have trouble remembering to get Leon before Mathiu gets injured.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Bugg"]
Quote:
I'm not sure if it's your problem as well or not, Sophita, but who knows if it's like that.

Oh one thing, Leon didn't give any letter to Tir, right? It was Mathiu who need to give the letter to Leon, or am I mistaken?

And last but not least, I definitely didn't bother to restart because of that. I never really liked Gremio anyway, so it's fine with me if he wasn't being resurrected. >=)

It could have been, but I think it might have also been that I didn't get Leon to even say the first line until right before Mathiu was injured at the end of the game. I think I must have forgot to talk to him or something. I don't know; it was a good 5 years ago and alas, my memory is not that great at times. >_<

You're right, it's Mathiu to Leon. >_> I got my Silverbergs mixed up there, heh. Sorry.

Ha, see, Gremio was my favorite character and I was ticked when he died. Once I found out there was a possibility of getting him back...Of course I got 108 stars. :) (Well, that, and I'm a finicky perfectionist at things.)

Quote:
In S1, I had te perfect party lined up until Hix decided to play hero for Tengaar and join me in Neclord's castle. I didn't even fight with him. I put him in the back of my party where he just healed before his low HP was gone.

Aww, I liked Hix. But you remind me of the worst automatic star: Freed Y. While I adore Freed as a character - he sucks. He sucks badly. And naturally, you have to use him to fight the worst boss in the game. >_<

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: